Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 1 (RotLA)  (Read 32112 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 1 (RotLA)
« Reply #105 on: April 4, 2008, 10:14 AM »
It looks like HTS has all of Wave 1 up on their site now (not shipping until 5/12 according to them).  They seem to be expanding their IJ section overall a bit, with deluxe, vehicles, 12", etc. showing up there now.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Figures - 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Paint jobs like that will just make me pick and choose which figures I get... also, with all the figures, of Indy himself, I can see a lot of us mixing and matching parts to create the ultimate Indy figure (finding just the right hat, just the right head, etc.).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Yeesh but that is a bad paint job.  The only thing it will do is curb my enthusiasm to buy these online rather than checking them out for paint apps in the store.  I can wait. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RotLA
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2008, 02:22 PM »
I wonder how well that this stuff is going to do at retail?  Will it go over well or be another EPI flop?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:28 PM by Jeff »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 03:03 PM »
I wonder how well that this stuff is going to do at retail?  Will it go over well or be another EPI flop?

I think that's a very valid question.  I'm not sure EpI is the right analogy though; that stuff sold remarkably well initially and in huge amounts, but was just so massively overproduced.  I'm more thinking along the lines of most recent movie toy waves - transformers, POTC, Fantastic Four or anything not called Spiderman or Star Wars. 

I do think this is going to be predominantly purchased by collectors rather than kids.  I think the KOTCS stuff might sell to kids after they see the movie but I'm not sure how they'll respond to the older stuff.  For that reason I'm really happy with them mixing the waves to a large degree - getting some ROTLA stuff out at the same time as some KOTCS stuff.  If it ends up being a retail dud, at least the collectors will get some older movie based figures as well as some new stuff before Hasbro pulls the plug. 

The initial wave stuff I will wait on for sure since it's bound to hit retail in a big way.  ToD and other later waves I might pick up online instead, especially characters like Mola Ram and Ilsa as they might not make distribution outside the US.  If it is a hit and the toys sell well, then it won't matter. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Just a side note, but I see Hasbro has a promo poster up showing the first wave from ROTLA (there's also an Adventure Heroes one).  Kind of neat looking - definitely looking forward to May 1.  I wonder if Hasbro will have a checklist of what is available that day on their site at some point.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2008, 04:25 PM »
So the official street date on these is May 1st, is that correct?  It might be time to start poking around for them as stuff seems to sneak out earlier around my stores for whatever reason. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2008, 06:24 PM »
I did a little editing, and I again ask that things go to private if they need discussed, especially anything not pertaining to the toys and this thread...  Please.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Not sure what needed to be edited... did I say something out of line?

Morbug - yeah, May 1st, I believe.  I'm going to need to really watch what I spend on this line in May.  I can see myself going overboard with the soldier 2-pks.   :-\

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2008, 01:52 PM »
First post, lurked for awhile. May 1st is the absolute earliest these figures can be stocked on the shelves, it says so on the case they come in. As of last night the Target I work at, overnight crew, had about 3 cases of the 3.75 figures, a couple of cases of vehicles and the 12" figures

To be honest, I liked that they have IJ figures, but Harrison Ford's figure didnt look right. He was either fat, really old looking, or didnt look like him at all. Maybe I just havent seen him lately and I still picture him from LC

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Cool that you saw them!  I'm wondering... can you check to see if they even scan yet?

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Cool that you saw them!  I'm wondering... can you check to see if they even scan yet?

They wont. I asked what would happen if I tried to buy them and was told the register wouldnt scan them yet.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2008, 12:32 AM »
Someone on the front page of RS, said he saw all of the figures & bought Indy, Marion, Sallah & Monkey Man.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2008, 01:43 AM »
Someone on the front page of RS, said he saw all of the figures & bought Indy, Marion, Sallah & Monkey Man.

Yeah, at an Ace Hardware store, of all places.  I've got one just a couple miles from my house--I'll scope it out tomorrow.  But, at $9.99 each (yeesh), probably won't pick anything up, even if I do find something.

(Oh, who am I kidding--I'd probably pick at least one fig up.  It'd be worth the extra couple bucks to have something a couple weeks early.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:40 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."