Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 160978 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #825 on: May 20, 2007, 12:11 PM »
Local Costco
$3.27 - 87
$3.47 - 91

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 20, 2007, 10:12 PM »
I just paid $3.36 yesterday.  That physically hurts.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 21, 2007, 07:28 AM »
We live within a couple of miles of Lowe's Motorspeedway and the big Memorial Day race weekend is upon us.  All of the gas stations near the track (and hence, near us) are up to $3.30-3.40.  Everywhere else its around $3.15.  There are 10's of thousands of motorhomes parked at the track -- I can't imagine what it cost them to fill up.  I assume prices will go up everywhere as the holiday weekend approaches. >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 21, 2007, 08:40 AM »
I had a dream last night that gas hit $16 and I put one gallon in my car.

$3.25 looked pretty cheap this morning.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I was reading through some gasoline articles from cnn.com and they were predicting an early peak to gas this year.  They were predicting about $2.87.  Now, they are saying $3.25.  I'm guessing we will see closer to $3.75.  I still don't get it though why (although I really do), why are all the plants having repair issues now and not during the winter?  Why in the last 4 years are we seeing gas prices go up and down when for the previous 20 we didn't see that kind of action.  Oil prices are down, so should the price of gas.

I know, I know; Iraq, middle east conflict, oil company profits, etc...
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #830 on: May 21, 2007, 11:05 AM »

Yeah, because none of that stuff started until four or five years ago. . .   :-X
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 21, 2007, 11:51 AM »

Yeah, because none of that stuff started until four or five years ago. . .   :-X

That is my exact point...why all of a sudden?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 21, 2007, 01:30 PM »
They realized they sell the same amount of gas at $3.25 per gallon that they did at $1.05 per gallon. 

So of course it's going to stay expensive.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2007, 01:39 PM »
They realized they sell the same amount of gas at $3.25 per gallon that they did at $1.05 per gallon. 

That's exactly it.  It sucks, but as long as the demand stays the same (or increases) with the increase in price, why wouldn't they keep the prices high?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 21, 2007, 03:23 PM »

I said this exact same thing last year.  This is an example of capitalism at its worst, as much as I hate to say that.

Embrace the suck.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 21, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Yes, I blame it on the monopolistic business practices of huge corporations.  I mean, is there really anyone out there to compete with Exxon/Mobil or Chevron/Texaco?  The current national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline is $1.75, an all-time high.  Unfortunately the way the system is set up, we're at the mercy of huge corporations and special interests.  The same holds true for huge pharmaceutical companies and utility companies.  They control us.  I guess it's nice to have at least one foot in the door of the nation's highest office. :)

The second post of this thread from the first page.  Thought it was kind of 'funny' how we complained about gas prices that were under $2.00.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:18 PM by ruiner »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 21, 2007, 09:13 PM »
That's how it works... jack it up so high that people are thrilled when it goes back down to $2.00 or $2.50 and stays there.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 21, 2007, 10:55 PM »
Still 3.15 here :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 22, 2007, 02:25 AM »
2 weeks ago gas dropped 10 cents to $3.35 here.

I wonder why it has stagnated so? Is it the ceiling early? I guess I'll find out later this week ::).

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 22, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Yeah, that same station that had $3.64 a gallon last week, was at $3.57 yesterday.

Needless to say, I filled up. Also needless to say, with my luck, the price will be $3.50 today.  :P