Author Topic: Black Series 6" Archive Re-Releases  (Read 11223 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 6" Archive Re-Releases
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2021, 12:16 PM »
That Palpatine figure originally came out in 2015. 

Didn't Patrick say it was the 2019 version?  Not sure if there is much updated between the two, but I'm wondering if the face and hands will be included.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 8, 2021, 12:45 PM »
That Palpatine figure originally came out in 2015. 

Didn't Patrick say it was the 2019 version?  Not sure if there is much updated between the two, but I'm wondering if the face and hands will be included.

The 2019 release is definitely better, but it also came with the throne, alternate heads and hands, etc.  I'm going to have to re-watch the livestream to clarify some of these points.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 8, 2021, 02:01 PM »
Some good choices for sure. I missed out on Skiff Lando (that wave never made it to even the collectors stores here), so that's a definite buy for me. With 3PO, I'd guess they'll release the updated one from the Disney packs, the one that uses the 4-LOM articulated body (which would be an upgrade from the original 3PO).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 6, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Some of the Wave 3 Archive figures have started to resurface around here this week at Walmart. I saw 2-3 cases at one this morning and managed to get minty cards of all 4 new ones I needed, including the elusive Clone Trooper. They rang up at $19.97 each too. Glad I held off on ordering these all online now!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2022, 07:22 AM »
I was able to pick up a couple of TBS Archive 501st Clones at a local shop a couple of weeks ago.  When I saw those the shop was putting out a couple of cases, including the Darth Revan, Leia and Obi-Wan reissues.  I passed on those - I don't need another Revan.  I'm bargain hunting for the Leia.  And my Hasbro Pulse order for this Archive wave includes 2 x 501st Clones and 1 x Obi-Wan.

Where to begin with Obi-Wan, though?  The paint apps on the one I saw were much improved over the original released.  But between the Walgreens exclusive Clone Commander Obi-Wan, and the Target exclusive Clone Wars Obi-Wan, both of those figures have far superior head sculpts.  The one thing about this TBS Archive Obi-Wan is that the face paint looked shiny.  It was weird, and almost made me start thinking that it would need to matte spray to make it look a bit more normal.

....anyhow

Hasbro Pulse hit my card this morning for the TBS Archive 501st Clone and Obi-Wan.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:23 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2022, 05:05 PM »
Cody has been going up for sale on Amazon and quickly selling out the last few days. I was able to grab one this morning. Good to finally get my hands on that one after Target refused to sell it to me last year.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks