Author Topic: 2021 HasLab - Black Series Rancor  (Read 14248 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 HasLab Black Series Rancor
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2021, 12:49 PM »
You both lost me there.

I think Black Series has gotten a little stale because of the increasing number of repaints and reissues.  Between the Black Series Archive, Carbonized collection, the Credit Collection, Gaming Greats (has a lot of repaints / kitbashes) and all of the trooper repaints, I feel like the line has taken a step backwards in terms of newness and innnovation.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 12:49 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2021, 01:14 PM »
You both lost me there.

I think Black Series has gotten a little stale because of the increasing number of repaints and reissues.  Between the Black Series Archive, Carbonized collection, the Credit Collection, Gaming Greats (has a lot of repaints / kitbashes) and all of the trooper repaints, I feel like the line has taken a step backwards in terms of newness and innnovation.

I think its just a cash grab by Hasbro - they're milking as much profit out of the franchise.  I agree its gotten stale, but so has 3.75".  You get some new figures each year, but you get even more repacks/repaints/kitbashes.

The sad thing is there is still so much good stuff to be made from the last five films and The Mandalorian.  I hope they don't let this drag on too long and alienate the fan base to the point where they whole thing just collapses.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2021, 01:31 PM »
I think both lines still have some good stuff on the horizon.  TVC Deathwatch Mando along with Bo Katan, Kuiil even the Lobot and Bib Fortuna look excellent.

Black series, even though it's not a line I really collect, have a lot of great figures coming soon as well.

BTW, Rancor has dropped to 4749.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2021, 01:35 PM »
The last bunch of waves of BS and upcoming waves are amazing. The repaints mixed in between don't change that. I wish 3.75 would get some of the figs BS has.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2021, 10:19 PM »
I think both lines still have some good stuff on the horizon.  TVC Deathwatch Mando along with Bo Katan, Kuiil even the Lobot and Bib Fortuna look excellent.

Yeah, but it used to be 50 interesting and new things in a year.  Now it’s that pile, plus 8 photo reals, plus a bunch of repainted and kit-bashed troops… repainted Clone Wars figures… clever but not new Gaming Greats…

It also used to be that it slowed down because there wasn’t a movie in theaters, now with TROS they didn’t even care. 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2021, 01:12 AM »
BTW, Rancor has dropped to 4749.

Two days later, 4748.  Ouch. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Yeah it's been fluctuating around 4750 for the past couple of days.  I think it's hit its floor.  I just wonder if the end surge will be big enough to bring it back over the line.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2021, 12:12 PM »
Yeah it's been fluctuating around 4750 for the past couple of days.  I think it's hit its floor.  I just wonder if the end surge will be big enough to bring it back over the line.

Back up to 4758 today.  Where are all these guys posting online that they're going to buy up extra of these to make the non-supporters pay triple once this comes out and people are consumed with regret over not getting one? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2021, 01:56 PM »

Back up to 4758 today.  Where are all these guys posting online that they're going to buy up extra of these to make the non-supporters pay triple once this comes out and people are consumed with regret over not getting one?

All 2 of them, I guess. ::)  Plus there's a 5 max limit per customer (although there are ways around it, I suppose).

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2021, 03:08 PM »
The number of backers is creeping upwards.  It was at 4,755 and it's up to 47,64 now.  With less than a week to go, I expect a surge at the end that will ultimately back the Rancor but I doubt any of the stretch goals are reached.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2021, 05:05 PM »
Only 250 or so to get to where it was a week and a half ago!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2021, 07:33 PM »
Hasbro has readjusted the campaign and is adding Malakili to the base product! He comes with it if it funds now! (They will design him and show him off when it funds, but they obviously had no plans for this.)

My hat is off to them for jumping on the grenade!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:05 PM by Muftak »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2021, 08:09 PM »
I’m curious to see how much the needle will move in the next 24 hours.  This is a positive development, and I’m glad to see them paying attention to the feedback.  But has the damage already been done?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:09 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2021, 08:22 PM »
I backed it just now to show my appreciation for their change in direction. I’m back to hoping it gets made now, fingers crossed this will be enough.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2021, 08:29 PM »
I’m curious to see how much the needle will move in the next 24 hours.  This is a positive development, and I’m glad to see them paying attention to the feedback.  But has the damage already been done?

My thoughts exactly.  Imagine the momentum they would have had from the beginning if this was always part of the deal.  Now some people have probably soured on this, spent their money elsewhere, and don't want to change the viewpoint on this.