Author Topic: 2022 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 24)  (Read 9053 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 24)
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2021, 08:42 AM »
Entertainment Earth updated this case assortment following the Fennec Shand reveal:

2x Ahsoka Tano (Corvus)
1x TBD
2x Death Watch Mandalorian
2x Fennec Shand
1x TBD
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2021, 10:43 AM »
One of the TBD figures i rumored to be Yoda.  I wonder what the other will be?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2021, 11:12 AM »

VC60 501st Clone Trooper (photoreal repaint)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2021, 11:13 AM »
I've had this case on order through EE, so I'm not completely worried about getting Fennec Shand today.  But I would like to get an extra in the event that Ming Na-Wen gets out some more on the autograph circuit.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2021, 12:50 PM »

VC60 501st Clone Trooper (photoreal repaint)

Thanks Jeff.  I totally forgot about that one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2021, 01:25 PM »
EE shows this case shipping in June.  But the individual listings for Fennec Shand listings say October.  Information for these delivery dates is all over the place.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2021, 01:39 PM »
Fennec at Amazon - https://amzn.to/3GLsuGG #ad #referrallink

EE shows this case shipping in June.  But the individual listings for Fennec Shand listings say October.  Information for these delivery dates is all over the place.

Remember that all of the figures are now available in solid figure cases and that is how most e-tailers order them these days for all the single-figure pre-sales (It's the only way Amazon gets their figures for example).  It could just be that the mixed-wave cases were manufactured before the solid figure cases and so they will arrive at different times due to different manufacturing runs and whatnot.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 01:44 PM by Jeff »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2021, 01:45 PM »

I've seen that before.  Cases tend to ship earlier than their single carded figures...I have two Ahsoka Tano fifures that are scheduled to ship in March.  ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: January 5, 2022, 04:03 PM »
Jayson posted some carded pics on YakFace Twitter.  Yoda is now confirmed as an ESB carded version.  I can't really tell if this is a re-use of the 2013 Black Series 3.75" Yoda or the one from the 2019 TVC Cave of Evil 3-pack.  The accessories are from the 2013 Yoda for sure but hard to tell what figure is under that robe...

VC218 Yoda
VC219 Death Watch Mandalorian
VC221 Fennec Shand

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 5, 2022, 05:38 PM »
All three look great!  I want to say that Yoda is a repackaged version of the Black Series one, but I'm not 100% sure looking at the head.

I don't see why they wouldn't use that one though....it's a fantastic figure!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: January 5, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Man that Death Watch Mando looks GREAT. I can't wait to get those guys in hand. Fennec looks great on the card, with the removable helmet, 2 blasters, and the bootle spatchka - I'm somewhat surprised Hasbro didn't market her as a deluxe figure, that bottle of spatchka is worth at least an extra $10. :P

I do love the look of Yoda and might be down for another. Did either the 2013 or the 2019 Yoda's have ball-jointed elbows or were the both swivel elbows? Aside from the belt not staying clasped, that is my biggest gripe with the one I have. Sometimes the swivel joint pops out when I am moving the arms and it is a real pain to try and pop it back in place without fully taking the robe off.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: January 5, 2022, 07:37 PM »
Did either the 2013 or the 2019 Yoda's have ball-jointed elbows or were the both swivel elbows?

2013 Black Series 3.75" #22 Yoda was basically a 5POA figure with no elbows or knees IIRC. 

For the Yoda from the 2019 Cave of Evil 3-pack at Target, Hasbro took the VC20 Yoda sculpt (ball joint knees, swivel elbows) and gave it a new ESB head and then the accessories from the 2013 TBS 3.75" figure.

The way the arms are sticking out on the carded figure and the look of the head sculpt makes me think it's probably the 2019 Cave of Evil version but I guess I can't say for sure.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 6, 2022, 11:53 AM »
Glad to see the new images.  The Death Watch Mandalorian looks really good.  I was reading some comments about the figure elsewhere, and people were referring to the Death Watch Mandalorians from those flashback scenes as "1 stripe", "2 stripes" and "3 stripes".  And it turns out that's how you can differentiate between the various Mandalorians in that scene - 3 stripes is the one that rescues the young Din Djarin from the cellar where he's hiding.  And the others are fighting the Super Battle Droids.  The funny thing here?  The Mando in the cardback artwork has 1 stripe, but the figure has 2.  So could this make for another troop builder 4-pack?  It certainly seems like an option that I would think Hasbro might explore.

Yoda looks good.  I can appreciate the gripes about this being a reissue.  But the paint apps look substantially better than the Cave of Evil release.  And compared to the VOTC release which has the same cardback art?  I've got to say that I like this one better from the standpoint of the complete presentation.

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 6, 2022, 12:07 PM »
Is that Clone Wars or Mandalorian artwork on the Mandalorian Death Watch trooper?  It looks vaguely animation-style...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: January 6, 2022, 12:46 PM »
I was reading some comments about the figure elsewhere, and people were referring to the Death Watch Mandalorians from those flashback scenes as "1 stripe", "2 stripes" and "3 stripes".  And it turns out that's how you can differentiate between the various Mandalorians in that scene - 3 stripes is the one that rescues the young Din Djarin from the cellar where he's hiding.  And the others are fighting the Super Battle Droids.  The funny thing here?  The Mando in the cardback artwork has 1 stripe, but the figure has 2.  So could this make for another troop builder 4-pack?  It certainly seems like an option that I would think Hasbro might explore.

I hadn't noticed that before about the stripes.  Now that you pointed it out, that seems like that would be an easy pick for a future Troop Builder 4-Pack.

Is that Clone Wars or Mandalorian artwork on the Mandalorian Death Watch trooper?  It looks vaguely animation-style...

It is based on the scene from The Mandalorian - all those sparks behind him match up to the scene where 1 Stripe (pictured) lands and motions for 3 Stripe to take off jetpack style with 'lil Din.