Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152222 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #915 on: November 17, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I'm so glad that these will (hopefully) eventually make it back to retail.  I noticed those pics over at RS as well, nice to see the carded versions up close like that.  Even though it is mostly a re-hash, I'm really looking forward to that Han Stormtrooper.  I'm considering getting the Shocktrooper as well, but haven't quite decided yet.  I think I'll leave the Chewie though, it just isn't different enough from the previous version.  Hopefully these won't be tough to find, and we'll see some "all new" figures right on the heels of this wave.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 17, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think this is still in stores.

I just saw about 20 of them about an hour ago.  I was thinking about picking it up, but talked myself out of it.  It just isn't different enough for me to worry about.

I'm glad to be be wrong then.  :)  Perhaps these will actually show up at a few other Best Buys too.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 17, 2005, 02:22 PM »
You'd think the idiot who took the loose Han Stormtrooper pic over at RS would have left the helmet off.  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 17, 2005, 02:23 PM »
You'd think the idiot who took the loose Han Stormtrooper pic over at RS would have left the helmet off.  ::)

Heh heh, I was thinking the exact same thing. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 17, 2005, 02:36 PM »
You'd think the idiot who took the loose Han Stormtrooper pic over at RS would have left the helmet off.

Heh heh, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Me too. :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 17, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Would've been nice if they had fixed the stormie helmet - it's still goofy.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 17, 2005, 03:36 PM »
From the new wave I plan on only picking up Han.  I was committed to sticking to OT pieces until I came across the Yoda Sidious today and just could not resist  :-*.  It looked too cool for school.

DBK
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:37 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 18, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Yoda and Sidious are OT characters!   :P

Don't sweat it!

8)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 19, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Since it's been reported that the Shock/Han/Chew wave of unleashed will be sold in spring 2006, what are you're ideas for future unleashed? mine are:

-Imperial Officer
-Imperial Scout Trooper (with varient Kashyyyk color scheme)
-ROTS R2 (with Super BD base)
-501st Stormtrooper
-Republic Commando
-ROTS Blue Imperial Guard
-ROTJ Red Imperial Guard
-Neimodian Warrior
-Rancor Keeper
-E2 Clone Pilot
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:37 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 19, 2005, 09:55 PM »
TOTALLY no offense, but if I see another Neimodian Warrior, I am going to throw-up.  I like your  501st  idea that would be awsome (would be cool with a dead Jedi body at the base).
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 19, 2005, 10:24 PM »
Qui Gon Jinn, Quinlan Vos and like I said finishing out the Bounty Hunters would be cool.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 27, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Yoda's News reported the following a few days ago:

Our Bothan Spy reports in today with some new information about the large scale Unleashed figures. The latest news they are getting is that the 3 we have seen many times already will be the last wave until 2007 (and possibly the last wave period), and they also heard that this set of three will be exclusive (for now at least) to Wal-Mart Stores. More news as we get it!

I seriously hope that either their Bothans are completely wrong about it being the end of the Unleashed line.

Either that or I hope Hasbro pulls their heads out of their asses.  >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 27, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Yoda's News reported the following a few days ago:

Our Bothan Spy reports in today with some new information about the large scale Unleashed figures. The latest news they are getting is that the 3 we have seen many times already will be the last wave until 2007 (and possibly the last wave period), and they also heard that this set of three will be exclusive (for now at least) to Wal-Mart Stores. More news as we get it!

I seriously hope that either their Bothans are completely wrong about it being the end of the Unleashed line.

Boy, I really hopy the spies are wrong about this too.  If this is the case, Hasbro really seems to be toying with us.  First we hear the line is done, then we are relieved when we're told its "coming back" in 2006.  Then we hear "Fall 06", then it is moved up to "Spinrg 06", and now maybe just one (exclusive) wave (of mostly rehashed figures) and that's it?  I definitely hope that isn't the case.  This is a great line, which seems to target collectors mainly, and there is more than enough life left in it.  I mean, we still haven't even seen all the "versions" of the main characters (Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, R2, 3PO, etc.) not to mention the troopers we could see (Biker Scout, Hoth Snowtrooper, etc.), bounty hunters, and much more.  A lot of different characters left to help the line continue for awhile yet.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 29, 2005, 07:41 PM »
The only thing I hope they are wrong about is the part about it possibly being a WalMart exclusive. Man, I hate WalMart. The employees in the stores near me are totally clueless about stuff like this. Even managers. They look at me like I've got three heads when I ask about stuff like the twins sets or the Animated figure packs.

Idiots.

If these unleashed are exclusives, I've got about a .000014% chance of finding them at retail. I guess there must be a few people at WalMart that know what "exclusives" are, and what that means to ebay.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #929 on: December 29, 2005, 09:05 PM »
The only thing I hope they are wrong about is the part about it possibly being a WalMart exclusive.

Sorry Dave, but that part is 100% true according to Hasbro:

"Previously shown at Comic Con, the 7" Unleashed wave that included Han Solo, Chewbacca and the Clone Trooper has been delayed to Fall 2006 and will be available exclusively at Wal-Mart."

I guess at this point all you can do is hope that Hasbro decides to make a change... again.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender