Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84885 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2006, 12:20 AM »
I'd ban you, if I knew I could do it without accidentaly banning myself.

>:(

But the thought is what counts.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2006, 02:28 AM »
I think it would be cool if each figure in the Endor wave (Except 3P0 of course) was packaged with a small piece of a modular Ewok Village, so that when you bought all the figures, you would have your own little Ewok Village.

Well each piece would have to be HUGE or it would be a mini playset, almost of a miniature scale... you are on to a good idea though.  I think each figure should come with parts to a VOTC Stormtrooper.  Make Stormtrooper parts as the standard accessory instead of the holo figure.  Pack them in randomly for several waves so we can each build more Stormtroopers easily.

:)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2006, 03:24 AM »
I think each figure should come with parts to a VOTC Stormtrooper.  Make Stormtrooper parts as the standard accessory instead of the holo figure.  Pack them in randomly for several waves so we can each build more Stormtroopers easily.

I nominate this for idea of the decade.

I can't imagine how many useful stormtroopers I'd have if I could turn in all of my useless freeze frame slides, commtech chips, holo minis etc. and swap it for your idea.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:24 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2006, 03:30 AM »
I think each figure should come with parts to a VOTC Stormtrooper.  Make Stormtrooper parts as the standard accessory instead of the holo figure.  Pack them in randomly for several waves so we can each build more Stormtroopers easily.

I nominate this for idea of the decade.

I can't imagine how many useful stormtroopers I'd have if I could turn in all of my useless freeze frame slides, commtech chips, holo minis etc. and swap it for your idea.

I second the notion.

Fantastic idea Justin. Marvel legends do it, albeit on a slightly larger scale, but it certainly is possible. I never use any commtech chips, freeze frames, or my mini-holos. In fact I've given or thrown away over 40 mini holos this year. That could be about 7 or 8 VOTC trooper, assuming they break it into 5 or 6 pieces.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2006, 03:47 AM »
It's a concept that's gone over big in the Asian toy market, so why not?  Innovation and good ideas in general aren't Hasbro staples though, so I'm not going to hold my breath, but it's still a good idea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2006, 06:24 PM »
Knowing Hasbro, it'd be assorted so that you must buy the entire wave to get each piece.

The army builders in each wave would all be packaged with right legs, and all of the rehased Han Solo's would be the chest, and all of the rehashed Emperor Palpatine's would have the heads, etc, etc.

Here's a better idea... Why doesn't Hasbro have a mail order, without any lame gimmicks, so we could buy SA Stormies in baggies... No fancy packaging, nothing that could add to the already expensive cost... Just offer us the SA troopers and accessories for a cheap price.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2006, 06:43 PM »
I agree that it would be difficult to not end up with several of the same parts, but imagine the cool trade threads that would result?  I think instead of this they could offer a pack-in Ewok with varying paint schemes.  Just use a small sculpt with minimal articulation to justify the cost.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2006, 02:09 PM »
I think something similar to this would be a great idea. Each themed wave should have a themed accessory. I could give a **** about named stands and mini-hologram figures (unless they look like holograms from the movie), so a useable accessory would be much better. Plus, the improved value might make the figures better sellers.

For example, each figure in the Endor wave would include a generic Ewok. Each figure would have a different Ewok in it (one or two different sculpts, multiple paint styles) with a spear.

The Tattoine wave would be the same, but using Jawas instead of Ewoks.

A Bespin wave could have Ugnaughts.

After those ideas, there are multiple others they could do:

* Cantina tables (a little bigger than Hammerhead's)
* Trade Federation clean-up droids (the short silver guys)
* Pit Droids
* Utupauans (the little fuel depot guys)
* Battle Droids
* Anakin's  childhood friends (groan)
* ET Senators
* Watto's shop junk
* Jedi Council chair for each jedi master (split into 2 pieces to fit the package better)
* Clone children
* Computer terminals from Hoth

etc.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 02:10 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I like the build a figure idea.  Droids would be a great choice for this.  Each wave could have a different one.  One wave could be a protocol, one could be an astromech etc.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2006, 06:40 PM »
I like the build a figure idea, too ;). Killed or dying Ewoks would be a good choice for this. Each wave you could get burned(incinerated) Ewok, next exploding Ewok, then Squashed-by-ATST-Ewok..ect. Now those would be Gggreeaattt! I'd buy definately!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2006, 04:21 AM »
Here's a better idea... Why doesn't Hasbro have a mail order, without any lame gimmicks, so we could buy SA Stormies in baggies... No fancy packaging, nothing that could add to the already expensive cost... Just offer us the SA troopers and accessories for a cheap price.

The funny thing about your quote Brad is that it seems that even the collectors are so downtrodden by Hasbro stupidity that we've got to come up with ideas that really ultimately have Hasbro thinking behind them...

Asking for baggied VOTC Stormtroopers for on the cheap via mail-order is incredibly logical and I'd buy a ton.  Even if they were full basic figure price ($7 or so) I'd buy tons I'm sure...  Negating the baggie positives.

But even I've got it in my head that this is just asking the impossible...  It's logical, it's gotta be profitable, but it's just not something they would ever do because, well, they are Hasbro...  :(  I'm kinda disappointed in myself for not just saying "Hey, why can't we just get VOTC Stormtroopers at a store in good quantities?", haha.  Hasbro has beaten me!  Dammit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2006, 08:58 AM »
I think something similar to this would be a great idea. Each themed wave should have a themed accessory. I could give a **** about named stands and mini-hologram figures (unless they look like holograms from the movie), so a useable accessory would be much better. Plus, the improved value might make the figures better sellers.

For example, each figure in the Endor wave would include a generic Ewok. Each figure would have a different Ewok in it (one or two different sculpts, multiple paint styles) with a spear.

The Tattoine wave would be the same, but using Jawas instead of Ewoks.

A Bespin wave could have Ugnaughts.

After those ideas, there are multiple others they could do:

* Cantina tables (a little bigger than Hammerhead's)
* Trade Federation clean-up droids (the short silver guys)
* Pit Droids
* Utupauans (the little fuel depot guys)
* Battle Droids
* Anakin's  childhood friends (groan)
* ET Senators
* Watto's shop junk
* Jedi Council chair for each jedi master (split into 2 pieces to fit the package better)
* Clone children
* Computer terminals from Hoth

etc.

I like this concept explained above.  I would even go for some repack figures if it meant it included and extra "little" figure like an ewok, jawa, ugnaught, or my personal dream and astromech droid with each figure....different ones in each would be nice.   

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2006, 01:42 PM »
You guys are wishing for something you don't really want.

It's scary.

You're one of them, now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2006, 09:19 PM »
I stand by what I said several pages ago:

I'm sold on Chirpa and Jerjerrod.

I'll probably get C-3PO. As I recall, the last golden 3PO I have is the original POTF2 version, and I painted him silver ages and ages ago. :P And this has the knees and chair to boot.

The DS gunner is nice but I don't need him.

And I don't need another Emperor, especially not this version.

And Brad, don't worry--count me into the Friends of the Ewoks® Club. 8)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2006, 11:36 AM »
And Brad, don't worry--count me into the Friends of the Ewoks® Club. 8)

EWOK SMASHERS/Bashers anonymous rules!