Author Topic: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Retro Collection  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Retro Collection
« on: February 22, 2023, 01:02 PM »
New pics today, so I'm using that as an excuse to spin these off into their own thread -

Reminder - Wave 1 - Raiders of the Lost Ark

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Retro Collection
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:02 PM »
Coming in Wave 2 -

Temple of Doom:

The Last Crusade:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:42 PM »
I am so excited for these. Always wanted Indy toys as a kid (subbed in Han many a time), but I don’t know that I was even aware of them in small town USA. I’m all in for these, and it is exciting to see new figures/characters added in.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 03:25 PM »
Okay I am in on Retro Indy now.  ;D

I remember as a kid in Summer 1984 really really contemplating the TOD figures from LJN, but ultimately passing because they didn't match the scale of the Kenner Indy collection I already had. If this Indy and Shorty were there I would have bought them for sure ( instead of starting a new line, because instead that day I bought a Laserbeak / Frenzy 2-pack and became a Transformers kid virtually overnight!)

And as for TLC Indy and Henry, those are the only 2 figures I bought in the 2008 line, so they can retire now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 04:41 PM by Muftak »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 06:39 AM »
Hasbro had the first Indy figure up for preorder.  Do the rest of these fall under the "we are no longer doing preorders" category?  I haven't found anything in a store in ages.  Hasbropulse only has the first Indy listed.  My check out good old EE.  That is where I get all the Marvel retro figures.  Nothing on amazon yet either.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 04:37 PM »
Do the rest of these fall under the "we are no longer doing preorders" category?

It sounds like Wave 2 stuff will be store exclusives (mostly Target it seems).  And yes, they seem to be following the new "maybe not so many pre-orders" thing Hasbro is doing to force people into retail stores I guess.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 08:35 PM »
Looking at some of these?  I might just go in on the IJ Retro Collection.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 07:37 AM »
They are hooking me as well.  I never collected Marvel stuff before, but I'm all in on the Marvel retro line.  I had a bunch of the vintage Indy figures back in the day and I've preordered the first Indy figure.  Even though the preorder thing seems to be mishandled a lot of the time, I much prefer on-line ordering to fruitless toy hunts in the stores.  All my marvel retro figures are on-line purchases.  With the exception of a very few figures, all my Star Wars retro figures are on-line orders.  It is just much easier these days to go the on-line route.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2023, 11:03 AM »
Collecting vintage Indiana Jones has always been on my to-do list... I think I'm going to just collect these and hope they hit the highlights and save a ton of money.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 06:12 PM »
Hi there,

We are excited to now offer the Indiana Jones Retro Collection Indiana Jones figure at the lower price of $11.99 on Hasbro Pulse, in line with similar figures from other Hasbro product lines. Due to the nature of the Hasbro Pulse pre-order system, the only way to honor the new price was to cancel existing pre-orders - your original form of payment will not be charged. At this time, we invite fans to re-order at the new, lower price here.

We appreciate the continued support and enthusiasm for the Hasbro Indiana Jones brand and cannot wait to share details on our new and upcoming products this year.

Thank you for being a fan!

Hasbro Pulse

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 07:48 PM »
I’m shocked at the price decrease!  But this lines up with something I heard recently about “customer first” instead of “product first”.  This was an edict from the CEO of Hasbro during a corporate conference call.  He acknowledged the poor Q4 sales numbers and said that they were shifting their philosophy.  Maybe this is a first step?

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 11:11 PM »
I’m shocked at the price decrease! 

Ditto.  They aren't even out yet and there's a $3 price drop?  Crazy.  Hard to tell if this is a good thing like Nick said (customer first) or a bad thing (where pre-orders are so low at $15 they are getting ahead of things with a pre-release clearance price).

I'll tell you though that I'm much more interested in these at $12 each than I was at $15 each.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2023, 09:17 AM »
I have to wonder if Hasbro saw a direct correlation between their price increases and a drop in sales?  And perhaps that's why they decided to move in the direction of laying off staff in order to cut costs?  That might have been necessary in order to make price decreases a possibility.

I'm getting more and more interested in the new Indiana Jones offerings.  But it has me looking to break out my 3.75" figures from back in 2008, and wishing that Hasbro would have continued in that direction and built upon that foundation.  And when I think back to my vintage Kenner IJ figures I will always remember that damn broken thumb on Indy!  But then the playsets were pretty awesome.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 04:50 PM »
I saw some of these on the pegs today at Target.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2023, 06:27 AM »
I'm surprised as well, but they haven't listed anything yet besides the one Indy figure they had.  EE has the rest of the wave for $14.99 a figure.