Author Topic: 2020 Kenner Retro Collection - ESB  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Kenner Retro Collection - ESB
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46 AM »
Yuck...

I managed to get an order in for Leia and Luke just now... only need to get orders in for Yoda and Fett to be done...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Less than a week after the email telling me Fett was backordered it showed up today. Box almost same size as card. A little warp but all things considered I'll take it. Other five are on their way individually as well.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Less than a week after the email telling me Fett was backordered it showed up today. Box almost same size as card. A little warp but all things considered I'll take it. Other five are on their way individually as well.

Congrats!  Amazing that you actually got the Fett first!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Originally got an order in for five of the six (no Fett of course), and they’ve started shipping individually. First this past Thursday was Lando, who came in a box the same size as the card back and surprisingly arrived just fine. Then today I add my name to the “Wal-Mart horror story” list I’ve been seeing online. Hoth Han showed up in a decent sized box, with no packing at all inside. The card back looks like it was rolled up, then run over by a truck. Leia and Yoda are on tap for this week, we’ll see. Luke for some reason is backordered.

I normally wouldn’t care as much since I’m an opener, but my main reason for picking these up is to get “carded” vintage figures since I likely won’t ever be able to afford actual vintage carded figures. I really wish they would stop giving Wal-Mart exclusives.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Got Yoda and Leia today. Yoda mostly fine. Leia has crease. Bummer but again better than nothing. I love this line.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Finally received the last piece I orderd yesterday, a Hoth Leia. It actually arrived in great shape. But, 8 packages for 10 figures overall was such a waste of shipping costs on Walmart's part.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Finally received the last piece I orderd yesterday, a Hoth Leia. It actually arrived in great shape. But, 8 packages for 10 figures overall was such a waste of shipping costs on Walmart's part.

Did you order them all at the same time?  That's ridiculous.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2020, 02:00 PM »
In the case of Walmart (or Amazon), stock might be coming from multiple DC's, even though you place an order for 10 items at the same time.  It absolutely comes across as wasteful.

The case where I just cannot understand how shipping doesn't get consolidated is Hasbro Pulse.  I ordered a few Black Series figures at once, and almost all of them came in individual shipping boxes.  Plus, they all came from the same DC in Pennsylvania.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2020, 03:32 PM »

Did you order them all at the same time?  That's ridiculous.

I did. I agree.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2020, 10:15 AM »
I actually saw these in person the other day when I had to go run an errand (first time at a WM since the pandemic began). They had 4 of the 6, no Yoda or Boba.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2020, 08:42 PM »
I found a whole case over the weekend for $5 each!  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2020, 11:09 PM »
I found a whole case over the weekend for $5 each!  :D

Clearance already? Is Hasbro restricting sale of Retro figures to one month?

Also, we all know they are still making money of them at $5 ea h...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 1, 2020, 10:17 AM »
This happened because I paid $22 and $31 for Yoda and Fett not 3 days ago. 

You’re all welcome.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 1, 2020, 10:17 AM »
I don't think these were every on the pegs at my walmart. They hate stocking the star wars section. Someone must be buying the entire stock off the truck in my area.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 1, 2020, 10:28 AM »
I don't think these were every on the pegs at my walmart. They hate stocking the star wars section. Someone must be buying the entire stock off the truck in my area.

Wouldn't be surprised. There's a local guy in Minneapolis frequently bragging about his stock of 8+ Fetts and doubles of all the others.   ::)