Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561322 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Opening sequence last night reminded me of this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywI0BOxJpI&feature=related
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Classic.  Except the only thing it ever ate was their paper............ ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Bizarre dreams last night.  I ended up watching the episode twice, the Talking Dead and then the start of the third go around  ::)  I woke up every forty five minutes or so after seeing zombies in my dreams.  Not nightmares, just dreams.  By the third time it was getting funny.  I think there was some subliminal messaging going on when Rick was dead and the image was flashing.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #363 on: March 13, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Pretty bad assed episode, and a lost of one of the most important characters in the group is a massive blow to the minds of the viewers.  Things like that, to me, show that the world they're in is "very real".  The producers/writers mind-****** the audience when Rick saved Shane back at the fenced in place...  Everything's alright guys!  Shane's safe, Rick taught him a lesson.

Bzzzzzzzt!  Wrong!

First Dale gets killed by something that's really a total accident...  I agree with E about Carl just kind of doing what kids do.  I had pellet guns at an early age, and was a trouble maker.  He's a kid being a kid, but in a pretty screwed up world...  Plus he maybe had a bad streak in him too...  wanders off and things, does kind of the opposite of what he's told, bit of a backtalker...  Needs a firm hand.

Dale, you're dealing with then...  But then this week rolls around, and now a guy far more important in the greater story is gone, and by his best buddy, and then again by his buddy's kid.  And it's not even the last show of the season!?  Wow.

Again...  I reinforce that they SHOULD have been doing this long ago...  And I reiterate my earlier points that you HAVE to think medeival at this point.  You have to look at the world around you, and see that some parts of you are exposed more often.  Glenn's tustle with Randall zombie winds up leaving him very susceptible to a bite, but now if he'd had better weaponry and at least some very minimal forearm and hand protection. 

The best weapons they could possibly make are shields...  They're defensive and offensive, relatively easy to deal with/carry, and deadly efficient.

And that moat's looking like a good thought that they should've been working on quite some time ago, and didn't.

I'm still frustrated by the group, but Shane was off his rocker and a massive threat unto himself (too nuts to be leader, but not dumb enough to be controlled and used as a positive member of the group).  He either had to go, or Rick did.  Someone on Talking Dead said about there being two alpha males, and that's one too many, and that is a good point.  I'm not sure Rick is the best choice as leader, as much as he's the only choice now that Shane is gone, and Shane was equally bad for different reasons.

It's an interesting show, and it's a shame it's coming to an end for another season.  It's hard to go without it.  I cannot really say I've ever felt this strong about a TV series...  I liked Sopranoes, a lot, but that really was never the same as The Walking Dead.  This is so masterfully done every week...  It really is fantastic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 13, 2012, 08:19 AM »
I won't say much in case this still happens at a different time in the show, but I just finished reading the first volume, sorry I don't know my comic terms well, Graphic Novel (the first bunch of comics together in one book) and holy crap that was different. I can't even imagine what would be happening in the show if they hadn't done it differently.

That was a coincidence. They just waited a little longer in the show.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 13, 2012, 09:07 AM »
I agree with ya Jessie, maybe they'll throw in a line by Glen or Darryl saying something like 'maybe we should have some kind of body armor or something'... to which Herschal pipes up and says he's got some stuff in the basement; he did say they could hold up down there for three or four days - given the fact they're about to be overrun with walkers. I wonder would they eventually wander off if they couldn't find anyone to eat?
From what I've read online about the finale, it's gonna be brutal and the cast as we know it will be drastically reduced. My bet is Herschal and the daughter who was in a coma and wanted to die will go; Glen may die saving Maggie but then she's just as bad-azz tomboy so she might be able to hold her own. Probably carol, sophia's mom will go too.  I could see Daryl and T-bag er i mean T-dog being able to fight off enough walkers to survive. PLus Rick, Lori and Carl, the Jr Zombie-surrogate-father killer.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 13, 2012, 09:18 AM »
My survival picks:

Rick
Lori
Carl
Andrea
Glenn
Maggie
T-Dawg
Darryl

I guess they can keep Carol alive but like Dale she seems increasingly irrelevant. Andrea is sort of on an island now too, post-Shane, but she's interesting enough to keep around, IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 13, 2012, 10:16 AM »
Caught Sunday's ep this morning.  Not sure why, but I dig watching this show in the early morning hours before the sun comes up.  Carl is flat out getting annoying, but can understand him wanting to explore - needs a leash though.  Honestly wasn't expecting Shane to go down, but kinda got that feeling once they reached the hill and the look Rick was giving him about Randall and how he knew what happend.

Didn't think that zombie was Randall at first until I saw Shane turn so quickly so had to "rewind" to watch that scene again.  Will put an interesting twist on the show now with the dead and no interaction with a zombie now that we finally saw it in action.  Wonder if Shane thought - hey man now I'm a big bad zombie and I'm going to eat your ass now Rick.   :D

The walkers on the hill during the last scene was just fantastic - in HD.  I don't even like watching shows on tv that aren't high-def.

I won't say much in case this still happens at a different time in the show, but I just finished reading the first volume, sorry I don't know my comic terms well, Graphic Novel (the first bunch of comics together in one book) and holy crap that was different. I can't even imagine what would be happening in the show if they hadn't done it differently.

That was a coincidence. They just waited a little longer in the show.

Eh?  Chatting with yourself Nick?   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 13, 2012, 10:31 AM »

Eh?  Chatting with yourself Nick?   ;)

I was "talking" to anyone who has read the comics and would know what I meant and to myself  ;). Guess it doesn't ruin anything now, (just in case you don't want to read this) ................................  but yeah in the comic Shane was about to kill Rick and then gets shot himself by Carl just way earlier on in the story. Kind of a coincidence I chose to read the comic and think it would be weird without Shane and then he gets killed in the show 2 days later. So conversation with self over (at least online).
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 13, 2012, 12:01 PM »
About time Shane got killed - it happens much much sooner in the comics.  But in the comics they didn't initially realize that the dead always come back later and they bury Shane before he turns.  Rick eventually rides back to dig Shane back up, then kills him (again) to put him out of his misery (as opposed to letting his zombie self live forever buried underground).  Makes you wonder if all the non-decomposed people in cemetaries are now zombies trapped underground in their coffins?  There was no CDC side story in the comics, so I am anxious to hear what that whisper was at the end of season one.  Sounds like we will find out in the finale.

Oh, and in the comics they do explore protecitve gear and sheilds.  Wait for it - I'm sure its coming in S3.   ;)

Did anyone ever discover a way to watch these online for free?  Still have yet to see an episode of S2.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 13, 2012, 02:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure Jenner whispered everyone's already infected    or something along those lines.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I wonder would they eventually wander off if they couldn't find anyone to eat?

I would say this is at least highly probable...  Maybe not entirely, but some.

Between them moving in herds (there's still stragglers of course) and what we saw early in the show with them outside that black guy's house, they're seemingly able to lose interest as long as there's nothing keeping their interest like maybe light or sound.

I find it interesting how though, at that black guy's house, some were sticking around, other's wandered off, and his wife kept trying to get in the house at night as if she remembered it and wanted to come home.  Makes you wonder why they keep wandering near Herschel's property since it's so secluded?  Wouldn't they instead rather stick to the highways and things they maybe remember vaguely?  What drives them off the roads and into the woods like that?  Can they maybe smell the cattle from great distances?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 13, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure Jenner whispered everyone's already infected    or something along those lines.

That doesn't seem quite right.  If that was the case wouldn't people be turning into zombies on their own without a bite or scratch?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Well we didn't see the first non-bite walkers with the security guards an episode or so back so I'm guessing they'll dive more into that in the next season.

Side note - Lori gives birth to a zombie.  Calling it now.   :)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2012, 03:42 PM »
well I just read over at a reliable spoiler site "suppossedly" how it all goes down and IF it's even partly true then Dayum it's gonna a heluva show!  It also talks about how the group of walkers got there in the first place and supossedly answers the BIG question specifically raised by Randall and Shane...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"