Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127232 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #630 on: July 21, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Has there been an officical announcement scheduled for SDCC?

I'm thinking they'll be an announcement but no opportunity to ask questions about the contest.

Back when this whole contest started, they stated the president would be brought out on stage at Comic Con during the Star Wars presentation.  That presentation has always allowed Q&A, usually moderated by Sansweet.

Personally...I STILL don't think this is a big deal, but I'm not going to lie.....if I was there, I would totally enjoy someone actually asking the questions we keep hearing all over the internet to the man himself.  It would be cool if they'd just answer it and put all this bitching to bed.

USCWannabe is currently being held for "re-education" at the San Dimas Correctional Center for an indeterminate length of time.

Jail?  Really?
Got Clones?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #631 on: July 21, 2006, 01:45 PM »
Jail?  Really?

It was a joke. You get it? "Re-Education"?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Jail?  Really?

Yes, Josh.  Really.

It's kinda like if you make a death threat on the president--from then on, whenever a president comes to your town, you have to be locked up until he leaves town.  That type of deal.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 21, 2006, 05:43 PM »
It was a joke. You get it? "Re-Education"?

No, sorry...I didn't get it.  I thought you were implying you had some sort of knowledge he went to jail.  I assume "re-education" is a term from a movie I can't think of right now.
Got Clones?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 21, 2006, 06:34 PM »
BTW....MaxWedge just called me and was talking about the con.  He says Dustin was introduced last night at the fan film awards and got to present one of the films. 

He says no boos, but there was lackluster applause for anything at all involving the fan club or hyperspace.
Got Clones?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #635 on: July 21, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Did anyone even know that he was going to be presenting a film? I've been waiting for word on where his appearance was made, and what exactly he did... Bummer... I was looking forward to the hearing about Tommy's question/comment to the Runner-up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 23, 2006, 05:08 PM »
BTW....MaxWedge just called me and was talking about the con.  He says Dustin was introduced last night at the fan film awards and got to present one of the films. 

He says no boos, but there was lackluster applause for anything at all involving the fan club or hyperspace.

A bunch of us were at the Sansweet presentation. That's where we were expecting the announcement. There would have been boo's if he would have been brought on stage there.

We had no idea what so ever that he'd be brought on stage for the films, none of us were there.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #637 on: July 23, 2006, 08:28 PM »
I couldn't for the life of me ever figure out where the announcement was going to be made.  I figured it was going to be at Spectacular (with 6,000 people in attendance), so I was at least ready to boo heartily, and probably shout some protests out, or ask Sansweet in the subsequent Q & A, but alas, nothing ever happened there.

So I just assumed he was going to get introduced at the Fan Club Breakfast on Saturday morning, which none of us paid money to go to, in which case it would've been a moot point.  I had NO IDEA, nor did I ever hear a single peep, about the Fan Film awards announcement.  ****.  I wasn't even in town yet...  >:(

I did talk to a number of people around the Con who were all asking similar questions about WTF happened, but unfortunately, we weren't able to gather any answers.  Sorry folks!

BTW, check out mousedroid's cool T-shirt:

Too funny, Rog'.  8)

(I want one!)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:32 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #638 on: July 24, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Classic...  :)  That alone deserves a round of applause.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 24, 2006, 02:56 AM »
So was there no JD meeting of sorts? :o

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #640 on: July 24, 2006, 04:04 AM »
So was there no JD meeting of sorts? :o

Many of us hung out throughout the Con (heck, 6 of us stayed in one room), but the Official JD/GH Hooters party unfortunately got nixed, if that's what you were referring to.  We went there for lunch a couple times, but didn't snap any pix, sorry to say.  We did go out Friday night though, but just to some other places instead, and were still joined by Roger/mousedroid of GH, so that was cool.  Always fun hanging out with the crew, regardless of the wheres and whens (or lack of pix).  8)

Not really sure what this has to do with the Fan Club Presidency though...  ???

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 24, 2006, 04:36 AM »
Well....

In an attempt to link it up...You could've shot some pics of him like you did of Phil at C3. Priceless. :P

Offline Poggle the Greater

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2006, 12:55 PM »
I find it odd that they focused so much on putting their own mugs in each SDCC pic this year. I know they didn't in the past because I'd never even seen what 75% of the RS staff looked like until now and I've visited the site daily for years.

Seems like the Dustin thing is their first step at becoming SW "celebrities."  ::)

This one just makes me ill to look at.

What a goofball looking dude he is...

I also seem to suspect they moved Dustins announcement to somewhere more "unannounced" because they were worried a backlash was coming. ;)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:56 PM by Poggle the Greater »

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 24, 2006, 05:42 PM »
We've got a creepy guy like that in our town too...always hangin' around in the background trying to look important. 
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #644 on: July 24, 2006, 06:27 PM »
We've got a creepy guy like that in our town too...

WTF?