Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352256 times)

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 1, 2009, 04:46 PM »
any pics of the new wave yet?  anyone find the new falcon in the us?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 2, 2009, 07:37 PM »
I believe the answer to both of those questions is no, for now.

-----

I stumbled across this concept art site of Ed Duncan, who worked for Hasbro for 8 years on a number of junior toy lines.

There's a couple more neat pics at http://www.edduncandesign.com/toys.html

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 2, 2009, 10:14 PM »
just read this on Q&A about new Vader ...
Also, some of the retailers are taking pre-orders for a new batch of Galactic Heroes 2-packs. One of the sets listed is a new "Darth Vader & Stormtrooper" set - is this one all new or are they repacks/repaints? And how about "Anakin & ARF Trooper" pack - repacks, repaints, or all-new?

** The former is a resculpt set with more dynamic character poses, while the latter is a repack of a previous set.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 3, 2009, 02:07 AM »
I saw the maroon Obi-Wan JSF at a local Target this evening.  Nice looking ship.  The packaging looks a bit updated as well.  There were 2 sitting on the shelf.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 3, 2009, 04:05 AM »
just read this on Q&A about new Vader ...
a resculpt set with more dynamic character poses

Excellent, I can't wait to see the new look. 

Here's the link to EE's listing as we wait for a pic of this wave...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87842J

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 4, 2009, 12:46 PM »
I finally found and opened the ackbar wave. I was surprised to see another nice little poster packed in- with the Slave 1 on the back for a teaser!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 4, 2009, 07:22 PM »
Anyone found the Endor/Anakin Starfighter sets in good condition?  Obviously everything's okay inside, but the packaging on this new wave is questionable.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 5, 2009, 08:05 AM »
Anyone found the Endor/Anakin Starfighter sets in good condition?  Obviously everything's okay inside, but the packaging on this new wave is questionable.

I picked them up at Toys R' Us and they were in pretty close to mint condition.  I still have yet to see ones in good condition at a Target.  I have been to about every Target in the Twin Cities area just doing toy runs and have only seen crushed ones.  Target's distribution center must have gotten a crushed pallet of these or something. ???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 5, 2009, 12:44 PM »
I noticed in this week's Q and A at Galactic Hunter (not the Hasbro one, the regular GH one), Adam mentioned that the Falcon re-do is a Costco Exclusive.  I'm guessing this is the one with Lando, Nien Nunb, etc. - but that's the first I had heard that it was a Costco Exclusive.  I wasn't likely going to pick it up anyways (we already have two Falcons in the house), although a couple of the "exclusive" figures made it a little more tempting.  Just thought I'd pass it along for those on the look out.  Otherwise, not much new with the GH stuff around here lately.  Sort of keeping an eye out for the Endor set and/or Slave 1, but I haven't heard much of those hitting yet.  Also curious if those other TRU exclusive sets (Purchase of the Droids was one, I think the other was a Kamino theme) are still on the way.  I'm only collecting OT on these now, but I'd like to get the Purchase of the Droids one if it is indeed still on the way.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 5, 2009, 03:34 PM »
I noticed in this week's Q and A at Galactic Hunter (not the Hasbro one, the regular GH one), Adam mentioned that the Falcon re-do is a Costco Exclusive.

If anyone wants one, I'd be glad to pick one up at my local Costco.  They still had about 20 of them when I was there earlier this week.  The ugly part will be the shipping though - my guess is Canada Post will pick your pocket for at least $30.  But it's an option for anyone that's interested.

FYI, there's a definite difference in paint apps between the new and older Falcon. 

2008 (Wal-Mart exclusive) - "dirty" paint app, yellow tinted cockpit window

2009 (Costco exclusive)- : "clean" paint app with red highlights, grey tinted cockpit window

I'm still waiting to find these sets at all, but I think it'll be a while yet.  My local TRU has at least 40 various Cinema Scenes stacked in the overstock area with older sets - Vader's TIE, Obi-Wan's CW Fighter, Yavin Ceremony, Jabba's Barge, etc.  It'll take a while to sell through that many.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 5, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I finally found and opened the ackbar wave. I was surprised to see another nice little poster packed in- with the Slave 1 on the back for a teaser!

I picked up the Jawas/Artoo pack yesterday...and that poster would've been trash if I hadn't seen that post in time to dig the packaging out of the garbage! Thanks Dan! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 6, 2009, 01:00 AM »
I found the Jawas/R2 set today, so I'm finally caught up with the 2-packs.  ;D

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 6, 2009, 04:05 PM »
just got the ROTS Starfighter and the Snowspeeder sets at Target ... both have fold out playsets...already had a Snowspeeder but wanted to see the new playset.  One set was 19.99 the other 22.99 ... I heard I can go back and get a refund as they have all dropped to 19.99 now??? Anyone else hear/have this happen to them?
« Last Edit: October 9, 2009, 09:37 AM by jedi ds »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 14, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Just a heads up for anyone interested, but I noticed that the Slave I and Endor Attack cinema scenes are up for order at HTS (shipping in 6-8 days).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1214 on: October 15, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Whoa - Galactic Heroes Y-Wing Bomber?  No pics yet, but news of any Y-Wing is an excellent addition. :)

EE also has a listing for a 212th Attack Battallion set - I guess that has to be Obi-Wan, Cody, Clones and Clankers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender