Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 77865 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #300 on: May 9, 2004, 11:30 PM »
I'm pleased for you that at least you're getting something.  Maybe they're catching on to the fact that they're ******* up left and right?  Nah, doubt it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Category:  Adding insult to injury....

Got the same email most of you would have received today advertising the clone wars items that the shop has currently.  The catch?  It came to my @hotmail.com address, the one customer service insists it doesn't recognize ::)  It also came to the other email address that they do recognize.  

Anyone know a 12 year old that needs a job? :-*

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2004, 04:16 AM »
Hmmm...

I did a bit of digging and turned up some pictures of the employees hard at work for Shopstarwars.com:

I am so glad I am not a collector of busts/posters/etc and have managed to steer clear of them after the initial flub.  I'm thinking of trading my $50 GC to a guy for some figures... I'd probably be better off.

Jeff

I think these folks used to work at Mattel...

It's nice to see they landed on their feet after Mattel fired them for ******* up the MOTU line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2004, 12:34 AM »
Unbelievable, the magic continues ::)

Dear Customer,
The Green Clone Trooper busts will be in stock at the end of this week. We want to ensure that you are the one of the very first to receives this collectors item as soon as possible and therefore would like to ship this item to you as soon as it arrives in our warehouse.
In order to do this we will need to split ship your order. This means we will send you your bust first and send the rest of your order as soon as it is in stock. This will require a raised shipping cost. Please respond to this e-mail if this is acceptable. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

This is fine and really, if I want my clone bust(s) then I'm sure not going to mess with the system.  

But you gotta ask yourself if I was one of the very first people to order way back in March, why am I now waiting for the other part of my order, 3 adventure Kermits, to show up?  Hell, if I have to pay extra, why in the hell didn't you ship my Kermits when you had them, you frigging buffoons? ::) >:(

Honestly, in spite of my frustration I'll probably order crap (exclusives) from these morons again.  I'll be sure to NOT be tempted to mix and match any sort of item ::)

Have I said this yet? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  Oy.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Now I'm getting another freebie for my toubles:

Dear customer,

This is a follow up e-mail regarding your order for the 1983 poster. We understand that this poster was a unique item and the disappointment you are experiencing from not being able to receive it. We do value your business and would like to extend you a very special offer.
We will include a unique vintage Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi Advertising Supplement to your order for free. This 11 x 15 advertising supplement was distributed by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm in 1982. The fold out opens up to images of movie posters for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. Open this piece up again and you have an 11 x 44 banner of the movie title Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi in red on a black background, with a world premiere date of May 27, 1983. This rare item was part of a recent find in the Lucasfilm Marketing archives. Only a limited number are available.
We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Here a picture of what someone over at Scum said it is:

Just got my Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi Advertising Supplement which was stuffed and folded in the mailbox.  I wish either they would put handle with care on it or tell the PO to try and delever it later in ther week.  WHen I opened the package the Supplement had a few folds on it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2004, 10:55 PM »
 :o

Oh my.  They're possibly paying attention.  In response to the above email I posted from them, I responded that they could indeed apply the separate shipping charges.  

To my surprise, this was the response I received today:

Dear Customer,
This is a follow up e-mail regarding your Green Clone Trooper bust. We know how excited all of our customers are to receive this item. We will send the bust to you as soon as it arrives in our warehouse with no shipping charge. The remainder of your order will ship when all items are in stock. We appreciate you patience in receiving this item. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2004, 12:00 PM »
So did anyone get confirmation that their busts have shipped yet ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Not as of last night, cannot access that account here at work.  Which is precisely why I wanted to use my hotmail.com addy that they supposedly no longer recognize and I cannot switch back to. ::)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Nothing charged on my card yet.... ???
Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2004, 06:43 PM »
does anybody have a phone number for these idiots? they keep emailing me telling me that they are having difficulty getting authorization on my card for an order i placed. granted, i placed my order on 4/14 for an item that was supposed to ship in 10 days  ::) - but what else should i have expected? except that now, they are having "problems" getting authorization? wtf? i've used this card just the other day, no problems. unless that monkey is punching in the wrong numbers  ::)

idiots...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2004, 10:09 AM »
My mail-order Bust will be here soon, just got notice its coming!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2004, 10:19 AM »

Is that anything like a mail-order bride?  Bits and pieces? :-*

No email here. ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #312 on: May 27, 2004, 10:35 AM »

Is that anything like a mail-order bride?  Bits and pieces? :-*

No email here. ::)
I may never leave the house once the Bust shows up

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2004, 09:47 PM »
never mind the phone number. i realized why my credit card is not getting authorized. they seem to have a policy of not accepting check and/or debit cards - even though they have already taken my card for the first order i placed.

idiots.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 10:09 PM by jokabofe »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2004, 10:45 PM »

idiots.

Just thought it needed reiterating.