Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84375 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #270 on: July 6, 2007, 04:46 PM »
I never knew the guy's name until this thread.  I thought all you wanted was an Indy anyway.

I said that he'd make for a more-interesting action figure, that's all.

Belloq's my favorite Indy villian, so I'd take him before Mola Ram or any of the others.

:P
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #271 on: July 6, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Here's my #2 wish

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 6, 2007, 05:11 PM »
Since this has been drifting towards a toy-ish thread I thought I'd post Dan/evenflow's wishlist of toys:

1. Indy w/ gun, pouch, whip, and Gold Idle
2. Indy in German uniform
3. Indy w/ Knife no jacket
4. Indy w/ removable hat & grail
5. Henry Jones w/ removable hat & grail diary
6. Young Indiana w/ cross and dog
7. Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion
8. Belloq w/ map
9. Belloq in Ceremonial Gown
10. Sallah w/ torch
11. German soldier w/ gun
12. German Mechanic w/ wrench
13. German General w/ baton
14. Dr. Shnieder w/ false grail
15. Marcus Brody
16. Knight w/ armor & sword
17. Mola Rom w/ removable head gear
18. Short Round w/ removable cap
19. Willie in gold/red dress w/ diamond & antedote
20. Giant Thugee
21. Cairo Swordsman w/ sword
22. Toht w/ gun & coat
23. Donalvin w/ grail tablit
24. Casim w/ gun (brotherhood guy)

Beast assortment:
25. Sallah w/ red hat with Camel
26. Indy w/ white horse
27. Henry w/ bandana with brown horse

Playsets:
28. Well of Souls w/ snakes, ark, & Cermonial Indy
29. Streets of Cairo w/ Arab Spy & monkey
30. Underground Venice tomb w/ coffins, skeletons, second marking(shield), & rats
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #273 on: July 6, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Since this has been drifting towards a toy-ish thread...

Yeah, technically all this talk should be in the "Other Toys" thread, but I'll let one of the other nerds mods clean that up....

On the toy note, Hasbro dropped some Indy hints in our latest Q&A session:

3. OK, last time we asked, you couldn't say. But, now that the cat is out of the bag thanks to the LFL press release, what can you tell us about your upcoming Indiana Jones IV toy line? Scale? Vehicles? Playsets? New and old movies? Will we see a preview at Comic Con? Will we have to wait until Toy Fair '08 for our first glance? (as you can tell, we're all pretty stoked about Indy toys  ;))

**We are glad to hear it, because we are stoked too! While we will be sneak-previewing some figures at Comic Con International in San Diego, we have to keep the details under wraps for now. We can divulge that there are some very familiar scales, as well as a few surprises in the line. Suffice to say that we have top men working on it. The same top men that have been bringing you the Star Wars line, so there should be a lot of consistency in approach.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: July 6, 2007, 05:42 PM »
I'll also add this rumor/nugget -

I talked with my brother today, who had just talked to a friend of his in New Haven (where they are shooting scenes right now).  His friend swears a few of the LFL guys on the set this AM were playing with Indy Galactic Heroes style figures - Indy Vs Cairo Swordsman and Indy Vs Belloq.   :o

I have no proof/photos but considering how well I know the source, I am inclined to believe it...   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 6, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Friggin' sweet!
I'm really excited about this line!  ;D
I bet that we won't see any Indy 4 figures at CIV, but we'll see a couple from Raiders, Temple & Crusade.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: July 7, 2007, 03:27 AM »
But if yesterday's kids weren't into Indy, why would today's adults be?

Because while Indy didn't have "kid support" back in the good ole days, the movie still did phenomenally well...  I guess my point is, it's an apples and oranges situation with then and now.  Then, kids drove ALL toy lines.  Now, adults drive toy lines completely in some cases, and 50% in other cases, and not at all in some cases...  A line like an IJ line could have fantastic adult support because people see it and say, "Hey, I love Indiana Jones, and I love toys, so I'll buy that", while kids may or may not jump on an IJ line... 

But back in the 80's though, kids drove the line, kids were more into X line than IJ toys, and didn't back it...  Now though, adults factor in and may drive the line for a time, while Hasbro just banks on kids becoming "hooked" to some extent.  Or so the idea goes anyway.  I got my IJ figures back then to accessorize my GI Joe figures, or give them a cool environment to play in...  Now though, I'll be ecstatic to buy 3.75" Indy figures that are well accessorized and articulated...  I'll support that.  Then though, I only picked up things for the coat, the gun...  usually on clearance/sale as I recall.  It's the same reason I picked up SW figures in 1983/84.  Han's coat and pistol went right to Airborne because I got Han for $.99 at Gold Circle and Airborne needed some cool **** to fight in the cold weather (namely a pistol and a nifty coat).

That's my theory though, based on really nothing more than I said...  I wasn't into Indy figures as a kid, much more than for what they came with, but today I have incredibly fond memories of the films and anxiously would support a toy line for it, "just because".  I guess the same reason I buy SW crap and keep getting this urge to buy 25th Anniversary GI Joes too...  I look back on what I enjoyed as a kid and now I want toys of it, for some sick reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 7, 2007, 04:12 PM »
"...for some sick reason."  ;D

I feel the same way.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the Joe stuff, but a part of me wants to get a few Joes, and a ton of Cobra troops and set them up in a diorama.  I'm going to try and avoid that though.

As for Indy toys, it's sounding more and more like these are going to be something that I will not be able to pass on.  I wasn't into Indy at all as a kid, but now it's so intertwined with Star Wars in my mind, that I'm probably hooked before they even show the bait.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 8, 2007, 11:49 AM »
Well there is a problem with there just being a lot of middle-aged white men as the bad guys.  Or otherwise bland looking characters.  Personally I would love to have a Sean Connery Dr. Jones action figure.  However, kids would just laugh at those on the pegs.  Same w/ Bellog.  No matter what outfit you dress him in.  Same with Toht.  Then you got Marion and Elsa and Kate Capshaw's character (can't remember her name in the film at the moment.  I would buy all those but kids won't.  I can't see Sallah or the German Mechanic flying off the pegs.  Mola Ram would probably do okay.  I doubt Short Round would do that well either. 

But old fart collectors like me would probably snatch up at least one of whatever comes out.  What I would really be interested in is some playsets like first scene in the movie.  The Well of the Souls.  Stuff like that. 

Then of course whatever comes out of the new movie.  I don't know.  I am quite interested to see what they come up with though.  Then go from there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: July 8, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Wonder if the Kenner molds of the original sets exist yet or if they were disposed of?  Probably the latter but I'd rebuy those for at least the RotLA stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #280 on: July 9, 2007, 12:15 PM »
The problem with IJ toys back in the 80's was that the film hit in summer 81, but I don't think that the figures came out until fall 82!  I think, I may be wrong.  I do know that it was a very, very long time, and the initial thrust of Raiders was over, and Temple of Doom was two years away...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #282 on: July 9, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I love the idea and hope it actually turns out to be true.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #283 on: July 9, 2007, 08:47 PM »
^ Ditto to that. It makes sense and would definitely help IJ4 gel with the "main" trilogy rather than being a tacked-on coda ... that is, as long as it doesn't end up an empty retread of Raiders.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2007, 08:50 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2007, 08:25 AM »
I am officially stepping out of the loop on Indy news.  If that rumor proves to be true, I'll be disappointed that it wasn't a surprise.  If it proves to be false, I'll be disappointed that they didn't follow such a cool path.

I'm going into this blind.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.