Author Topic: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 8458 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Re: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2023, 03:28 PM »
I didn't take it as romantic love. More in relation to Ezra's speech at end of "Rebels" and what he says to Sabine.

Yes.
and I would add that Ezra and Sabine trust each other enough at the end of Rebels that he can count on her to distract Hera while he goes off to save everyone. Plus she has that weight of being the person who consciously let him go. I would say that is key to understanding their relationship.
Macklunkey!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2023, 05:39 PM »
No complaints here, I’ll lap up some Clone Wars fan service all day long. Captain Rex and Maul Mandos? Please and thank you.

Wonder why Hera didn’t go too? Plenty of room in that mouth, lol.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2023, 05:48 PM »
No complaints here, I’ll lap up some Clone Wars fan service all day long. Captain Rex and Maul Mandos? Please and thank you.

Ezra managed to pull the Imperial fleet along with the Purrgil during the Battle of Lothal when they were just next to each other.

Maybe it'll be a surprise start to next week's episode that The Ghost and the three New Republic cruisers will get pulled along, but I kinda expected they would show that all of the ships would go with the Purrgil.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2023, 06:32 PM »
I thought that episode was grade A stuff last night.  I don't have a ton to say about it... but I thought it was one of the stronger episodes of anything outside of Andor and parts of Mando. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2023, 11:06 AM »

Ezra managed to pull the Imperial fleet along with the Purrgil during the Battle of Lothal when they were just next to each other.

Maybe it'll be a surprise start to next week's episode that The Ghost and the three New Republic cruisers will get pulled along, but I kinda expected they would show that all of the ships would go with the Purrgil.

I was surprised that Ahsoka would only bring Huyang with her to find Sabine and Ezra.  But after her enlightenment?  And her training?  Ahsoka seems to be more than she was at the beginning of the series.

As for the Battle of Lothal?  I remember that the Purrgil actually attached themselves to the Star Destroyers before they made the jump to hyperspace.  Their tentacles were literally holding Thrawn and the Chimaera as they jumped.

By the way, did anyone catch this bit of dialogue?
AHSOKA  "I will not fight you"
ANAKIN  "I've heard that before"
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2023, 11:33 PM »
Another home run tonight.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2023, 08:47 AM »

My daughter grumbled that it was a bit slow.  I agree that there wasn't much action, but the plot got moved forward which she doesn't always appreciate.

There are only two episodes to go and tons of potential ways they might wrap this up or just end it.  Thoughts on what happens?

My speculation is that Thrawn and everyone ends up back in the "normal" galaxy and Thrawn becomes a baddie for everyone to deal with in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and any other off-shoots they do (Rangers, etc.).  I don't think he is killed/captured, but escapes.  Although based on the actor Ray Stevenson's death I'm going to assume they've written in a death scene for him.  I'm assuming that Baylan dies and Shin lives and stays with Thrawn so we can have lightsaber battles.  Either that or the Nightsisters keep creating Inquisitor type foes.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2023, 08:53 AM »

So many action figure options... the troopers, the rock-dudes, the mount, the bandits, the women (trying not to spoiler).  I look forward to getting some of them in Fall 2025.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 08:54 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2023, 10:43 AM »
Yeah, that was kinda the big payoff episode for sure and they did a good job with it. Agree with Jeff that there was tons of awesome toy potential there. I think of 10-12 figures they could do easily just off the top of my head.

I’ll hold off on going into details for now too, but one thing I really liked is how they explained why it was not possible for Ezra to return using the Purgill again. Well written stuff.

Should people in another galaxy even know what a Jedi is?  ???

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2023, 12:09 PM »
My daughter grumbled that it was a bit slow.  I agree that there wasn't much action, but the plot got moved forward which she doesn't always appreciate.

I've been dreaming of seeing Grand Admiral Thrawn in a movie (or TV now) since I read Heir to the Empire in 1993.  I could totally see kids without 30 years of imagining this moment finding it less exciting than I did. :)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2023, 12:49 PM »
Speculation on what is in the cases that Thrawn's team was loading in to the Star Destroyer?  I'm not sure they'll do ysalamiri in this version of the story, but that is my only guess at this point.

Thrawn was really dismissive of Baylan and Shin, and any role they may play going forward, so I'm not sure what he thinks of Jedi.

I'm also unsure what to think of the fact that Ezra seemed to be living so close to all the action.  He didn't seem to be hiding all that well, and it doesn't seem like Thrawn to just let him be and not hunt him down.  I'll be also interested in how they might explain how Ezra survived on the Star Destroyer during their hyperspace flight and then managed to leave the Star Destroyer when they arrived.  Maybe Ezra and Thrawn reached some kind of agreement, or Thrawn didn't want to kill him as he might be their only way back with the Purrgil?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2023, 01:24 PM »
Thrawn, Night Sisters, Ezra, Koopa troopers.  I liked it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2023, 10:53 PM »
That episode had a lot to think about. A guy on youtube speculated that some of those troopers were dead and brought back to animation by Elsbeth.

So many toy possibilities including the howler. We'll never get a majority of them but i can dream.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2023, 02:21 PM »
  ill be also interested in how they might explain how Ezra survived on the Star Destroyer during their hyperspace flight and then managed to leave the Star Destroyer when they arrived.  Maybe Ezra and Thrawn reached some kind of agreement, or Thrawn didn't want to kill him as he might be their only way back with the Purrgil?

I’m wondering if they will flash back to explain that as well. I mean, the Purrgil had literally broken through all the windows on the bridge, and I’m no physics major but I’m pretty sure you can’t go through hyperspace Al Fresco  :D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2023, 02:25 PM »
I hope they don't show us. With two episodes left I'd rather just assume it makes sense.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within