Author Topic: 2016 SDCC Deluxe ANH Ben Kenobi  (Read 5560 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 SDCC Deluxe ANH Ben Kenobi
« Reply #15 on: August 9, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Had a Ben in my cart, processing checkout at 10:20AM CST... got an error message and of course it had sold out while trying to process the order. ::)

Same here. And I also had no "Add to Cart" button on my individual pages so I had no idea wtf to do. I had to run to a whole different computer.

It's a stupid thing to get angry about but I can't help it. Make more of these goddam things, Hasbro! You could have sold a hell of a lot more of these today.

And if anyone here at JD has an extra Jyn or Obi-Wan I am interested.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 9, 2016, 01:08 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 9, 2016, 12:10 PM »
I got the two figures that I wanted the most, and that was the exclusive versions of Ben Kenobi and Kylo Ren.  The Jyn Erso figure is cool, but she's essentially a sneak preview figure with some exclusive packaging.  The other two figures have a bit more going for them with all of the added accessories.  I suspect that HTS might have disabled the ADD TO CART feature on the individual pages so that people wouldn't park themselves on those pages and scoop up EVERYTHING.  It was tough enough for me to get one each of Obi-Wan and Kylo Ren.

FWIW, I haven't gotten an email confirmation from HTS yet.  But I did get confirmation via my method of payment.  I suspect HTS is busy running all of these orders and they'll get processed in turn.  But you've got to imagine that the servers were flooded with traffic.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 9, 2016, 12:24 PM »
And if anyone here at JTA has an extra Jyn or Obi-Wan I am interested.  ;D

JTA?!   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 9, 2016, 01:09 PM »
And if anyone here at JTA has an extra Jyn or Obi-Wan I am interested.  ;D

JTA?!   ???

Blecchhh, worst brainfart typo EVER. I was obviously so frustrated I couldn't even think straight! Blanket apologies to all... :-[

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 10:10 AM »
I saw one of these at Wizard Con this weekend...for $110.  ::)

Nice to examine it in hand, looking forward to picking it up one day.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Obi-Wan is back in stock right now...  http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/exclusives/-b91030000
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 04:57 PM »
How many times must I miss this thing?!?

Does ANYONE have an extra one of these things?

:-[

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 05:24 PM »
I'm so glad I got my notice from Hasbro it was back in stock. *sarcasm*

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 12:26 PM »

HTS's stock alert email system is so slow that it's effectively worthless.  I tried using it for some late wave TFA items like unmasked Kylo Ren and the FO Stormtrooper Squad Leader.  But by the time the system sent my notification they were already out of stock.  Some of the guys at the RS forums have been talking about some shopping apps that will constantly poll an item's stock status and alert you very quickly to a change in stock status.  Has anyone else here tried one of these apps?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 12:47 PM »

HTS's stock alert email system is so slow that it's effectively worthless.  I tried using it for some late wave TFA items like unmasked Kylo Ren and the FO Stormtrooper Squad Leader.  But by the time the system sent my notification they were already out of stock.  Some of the guys at the RS forums have been talking about some shopping apps that will constantly poll an item's stock status and alert you very quickly to a change in stock status.  Has anyone else here tried one of these apps?

Yes, I use a plugin called "visualping" that integrates in to Chrome (maybe other things too).  I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there, so this may not be the best, but its what I'm using.

Its super sweet in that its super configurable to whatever you want.  The only real drawback is that you need to be in front of your computer to get the alerts.  I also use it to sniff out job postings at companies I follow to try and land a dream job.

If someone knows of one that is free and is flexible enough to send you text alerts or e-mails, that would be even better. 

Visualping has allowed me to score quite a bit of limited availability items over the past few years.  Especially something like the SDCC Obi-Wan that might go in and out of stock really quickly over the course of a couple of months.