Author Topic: The Clone Wars - It's Back  (Read 14729 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - It's Back
« Reply #15 on: August 6, 2018, 08:26 AM »
In light of the return of Clone Wars, I am starting my own Clone Wars re-watch.  And I'm doing it in order per THE OFFICIAL SITE'S CLONE WARS CHRONOLOGY.  I started yesterday and watched episodes 216 and 116, and I got through about half of the CLONE WARS theatrical release before I had to call it a day.  It's interesting watching the movie though, because several of the parts are played by movie actors (Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu, Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine/Sidious and Christopher Lee as Dooku) instead of the animated series actors.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 04:47 PM »
Check out the trailer!  The final season premieres on Disney+ on February 21st.  Based on that wording, it sounds like episodes will be released on a weekly basis, much like how episodes of The Mandalorian were released.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Official Trailer | Disney+ 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 10:34 AM »
I've never been the biggest fan of this series, but the trailer looks interesting.

You son of a bitch....I'm in!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 02:11 PM »
I caught the first episode yesterday - The Bad Batch.  It was solid with some fun new clone trooper characters.

I'm not going to dump spoilers in this thread, but if people want to discuss in more detail we can get a spoiler thread going.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 02:14 PM »
I watched it on Friday...solid Clone wars episode.  I need to go back and watch a bunch of old episodes though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:20 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 12:05 AM »
Bad Batch. Bad episode.

Okay, it was fine. Dee Bradley Baker talking to himself for 20 minutes.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 09:01 AM »
I thought it was terrific, forgotten how much I loved this show. Trench was always a glaring omission from the animated line I thought, would have been such a cool figure too.

Bad Batch was awesome!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 11:52 AM »
I thought it was a pretty solid episode that didn’t miss a beat from the look/feel of the show in its heyday. I’m looking forward to this Friday’s new episode!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2020, 11:02 AM »
That Anakin-Obi-Wan moment was very interesting.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2020, 01:29 AM »
They removed the torture scene was in the animatic from On the Wings of Keeradaks. Not that I'm bothered by that, but it shortened the episode.

Uh, yeah, this arc starts to drags. I'm just over the locals and Clone teaming up thing. Maybe they did that less times than I think, but I dunno. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 9, 2020, 03:45 PM »
They removed the torture scene was in the animatic from On the Wings of Keeradaks. Not that I'm bothered by that, but it shortened the episode.

Uh, yeah, this arc starts to drags. I'm just over the locals and Clone teaming up thing. Maybe they did that less times than I think, but I dunno.

Yeah, 19 minutes went by pretty quick.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 9, 2020, 05:17 PM »

Agreed that they probably could have combined the last two episodes.  Not a lot of story advancement or character development in Episode 3 that they couldn't have squeezed in to the prior one.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 10:06 AM »
Bad Batch was overall a really good story arc. 

The first episode on Friday with Ahsoka was very underwhelming.   Her non-affiliated Jedi character could be really cool.  I hope it finds its footing and gets moving soon.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Bad Batch was overall a really good story arc. 

The first episode on Friday with Ahsoka was very underwhelming.   Her non-affiliated Jedi character could be really cool.  I hope it finds its footing and gets moving soon.

I liked it.  I know its not as high action as most of the episodes, but I appreciated the slow down to introduce new characters and show Ahsoka a bit lost as to what to do versus knowing exactly what she wants to do.  Leaving the order feels like a huge decision that should be met with a lot of indecision and uncertainty.  I felt like they showed that well and portrayed why she feels she has to hide the force going forward.  I also liked the notion that not everyone feels like the Jedi are good guys, even on Coruscant. The Robot chase scene got a little silly after a while, but I think younger kids would have really liked it.  My son's older and even he was cringing at all the damage it was doing.  Excited to see where they go with this arc.  My only complaint is the episodes feel so incredibly short!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Looks like the final arc will tie together TCW, Solo (Maul and Crimson Dawn), The Mandolorian and Rebels.