Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353583 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Anyway, it would be nice to get some "real" ships, also, instead of dune buggies or whatever they are trying to pass on us.  Just because our kids are small, doesn't mean they don't know that thing was never in one of the films... 

Exactly!  Hasbro seriously needs to give kids more credit than they do.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:49 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #391 on: November 2, 2005, 04:49 AM »
The latest wave of ROTS repacks/repaints is out.  Found 'em at WM.  Holo Sidious is neat, and so is the Utapau Clone.  The Kashyyk Clone has an amazing paint job.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 2, 2005, 06:36 AM »
The latest wave of ROTS repacks/repaints is out.  Found 'em at WM.  Holo Sidious is neat, and so is the Utapau Clone.  The Kashyyk Clone has an amazing paint job.

Nice!  Gotta be on the lookout for those.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 3, 2005, 09:06 AM »
I've still been on the fence about this lately batch of repaints, but I'm sort of thinking that if I saw them now, I'd pick them up.  Just having the various clones (Utapau style, 501st, and BARC) would be kind of neat.

Rebelscum has another "411" up detailing "other stuff" coming from Hasbro in 2006.  Sounds like there could be more Galactic Heroes on the way, which I'm happy about.  Here's what they have listed, more details at the link:

Playskool Reissues
Obi-Wan and Darth Maul

New Figures
Sandtrooper & Obi-Wan (possible repack)
Greedo & Han Solo (possible repack)
Luke Skywalker & Han Solo (both in Stormtrooper disguise)
Wedge Antilles & TIE Pilot
Stormtrooper & Rebel Soldier (both in Hoth battle gear)
Darth Vader (possible repack) & Leia Organa (Bespin)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin) & Lando Calrissian

Repaints
Clone Trooper & Battle Droid
Emperor & Red Shock Trooper
Chewbacca & C-3PO

Overall, that doesn't look too bad to me.  Between the repacks we've already heard about, and these possible new figures, all the Imperial "trooper" army builders should be around next year - Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Hoth Trooper, Biker Scouts, TIE Pilots, etc.  Also, Han/Luke Stormtrooper, Luke, Leia, and Lando Bespin, Greedo, and a Wedge!  We're getting a mass release carded Wedge figure in the GH line before the basic figure line :P.  Good stuff overall I think, and lots of OT goodness.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2005, 11:03 AM by mosnab »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: November 3, 2005, 11:59 AM »

Playskool Reissues
Obi-Wan and Darth Maul

New Figures
Sandtrooper & Obi-Wan (possible repack)
Greedo & Han Solo (possible repack)
Luke Skywalker & Han Solo (both in Stormtrooper disguise)
Wedge Antilles & TIE Pilot
Stormtrooper & Rebel Soldier (both in Hoth battle gear)
Darth Vader (possible repack) & Leia Organa (Bespin)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin) & Lando Calrissian

Repaints
Clone Trooper & Battle Droid
Emperor & Red Shock Trooper
Chewbacca & C-3PO

How is Chewbacca/ C-3PO a repaint?  Didn't they already do this set once?  What could they repaint?   :-\

Eh, I'm not real thrilled with the idea of buying new 2-packs to get just one figure and ending up with more duplicates (more Han, Ben, Vader).  Oh well, I'm sure he duplicates will find a good home...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 3, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I'd kinda been hoping this line was ending, just so I could stop spending money on it.  But I like it too darn much and probably won't be able to pass on them.

However, I've kept them all carded so far, but I think I'm going to have to break down and open them, just so they don't take up nearly as much space.  I'm expanding my display room, but I'm already running out of space again.   ::)

Overall, that doesn't look too bad to me.  Between the repacks we've already heard about, and these possible new figures, all the Imperial "trooper" army builders should be around next year - Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Hoth Trooper, Biker Scouts, TIE Pilots, etc.

Yeah, there's some very exciting figures listed, especially the various "troopers".  Those will be fun to display together.

Eh, I'm not real thrilled with the idea of buying new 2-packs to get just one figure and ending up with more duplicates (more Han, Ben, Vader).  Oh well, I'm sure he duplicates will find a good home...

I definitely agree with that.  I really wish they'd sell the repaints and repacks separately.  But, from Hasbro's point of view, I guess it's a pretty smart move. 

Annoying from my point of view.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 3, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I'd kinda been hoping this line was ending, just so I could stop spending money on it.  But I like it too darn much and probably won't be able to pass on them.

I'm glad to see someone else thinking this way.  I really like this line, and I'm glad it is continuing, but a part of me considered it likely to be canned.  I kept telling the wife (when discussing how much I've spent this year), "don't worry, next year things will slow down...there won't be as many figures, and they probably won't have these other lines".  It looks like there will be just as much variety of Star Wars product on the pegs/shelves for 2006, which means I really need to get more selective on what lines I want to collect.  The basic line is first priority, and if the 7" Unleashed comes back as might be possible, that's another line I really like.  Galactic Heroes was always the cheaper, "fun" line on the side, and although if it went away I would have been ok, I'm glad we're getting some new stuff too.  That said...like you guys mentioned, re-buying figures to get a new one each time isn't the best...but I can see why its done.  If I don't want/need the extras, they can always get tossed in the "nephew toybox" we keep at our house for when they visit :P.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 4, 2005, 01:10 PM »
Found the new wave today.  The paint job on some of the clones were a little ******, but overall, I'm satisfied.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 5, 2005, 01:51 PM »
i really like the Darth Vader/Holo Emperor and Yoda/Scout Trooper

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 5, 2005, 03:53 PM »
i really like the Darth Vader/Holo Emperor and Yoda/Scout Trooper

So do I.  I just picked up those two sets today but left the other sets at the store.
Now just bring on some more Padme's (as I see we are getting another Leia) and I'll be happy!!
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2005, 01:59 PM »
I wish they would re-release some of the "older" sets I missed.  Those being:

-Padme and Ani
-Jango and Obi
-Stormtrooper 2 pack

I just got started collecting these little buggers and the secondary price(s) on these things is outrageous!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 28, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Obi Wan / Darth Maul, Battle Droid / Clonetrooper and Emperor / Shocktrooper

All in all, not too bad.  Will be passing on the Obi Wan / Maul set because I already have the figs from the original set.  The repaints don't bother me, especially the clones.  The Emperor could pass for a OT Emperor (inclusive of lightsaber excluded).

Looking forward to the new sets.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 24, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Picked up the latest wave at Target today.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #403 on: December 26, 2005, 03:55 AM »
Yeah, I found the newest (rehash) wave at Target on the 24th too - with the Speeder Bikes, and the Hoth Han/Luke.  Good stuff, but I think I already have them all from the first go-'round.

Where's the new stuff already?!  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 26, 2005, 03:58 AM »

Yeah, I found the newest (rehash) wave at Target on the 24th too - with the Speeder Bikes, and the Hoth Han/Luke.  Good stuff, but I think I already have them all from the first go-'round.

Nice finds.  I haven't even found the last ROTS (repack) wave up here, but I'm not sure I'm too concerned about it.  As much as I'd like to get Cody and the 501st, I don't really want to bother with the Vader/Anakin/Obi-Wan/etc that I already have.  :-\