Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337107 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Oh brother, I definitely jinxed myself with what I said earlier. Damn if this exact scenario did not play out tonight.

Our TRU normally gets new stock on Tuesdays, and I was there early yesterday morning and they had nothing. But as I'm leaving work today I suddenly remember that the trucks were coming in after hours now, not before, so new stock would not be out til Wednesday.

So of course I get there around 5:30pm and they had ALL the new vehicles, in mostly nice minty packages as well. I didn't have the cash on me and didn't want to charge them, so I figured I would come back a little later and snag what I wanted. The place is literally a mile from my house.

Anyway, long story short - I get back there by 7pm and the Swamp Speeder and AT-AP are gone, which are the very two I wanted most dearly. I literally had them in my hand...even stuck the AT-AP way back behind the older vehicles but to no avail.

It's completely my fault of course. I absolutely should have known better, and it was a half-assed effort on my part admittedly. But it still SUCKS, because I could have been off the hook with all of these and now I'll have to double my efforts on tracking them down.  >:(

Hey though, the Hyena Bomber is pretty cool and the AAT, well, it's got new paint.  :-\
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I wish I could make that tiny violin noise, but ya..............sad times for you indeed.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Dude, I appreciates the heartfelt sympathy.  :-*

Not to worry, I will be posting about finding these any day now, and it will be all good.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Did I say "any day"?  ;D

An early lunch and trip across town to another TRU paid off - I scored both the AT-AP and Swamp Speeder in mint packages. Only one of each on the shelves, so probably wise not to have slept on this again. Done!

And as an added bonus, I got another free Nikto guard because they still had the sign up even though the promotion is apparently over where you get him free with any purchase over $30.

Taking a break for the rest of today to get ready for full tilt tomorrow hunting that elusive Kit Fisto's Starfighter and the Target exclusive BP's.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 14, 2010, 12:49 PM »
McMetal, if no one else is saying it I will - you are a CW animal   ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 14, 2010, 03:17 PM »
McMetal, if no one else is saying it I will - you are a CW animal   ;D

Thanks bro, I am just trying to keep up with Pete! I think he has the crown after this week...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Found the ARC Troopers pack at Wally World.   :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13 PM »
After a long fruitless day of hunting the Target exclusive TCW battle packs, I finally just went the DCPI mind trick route and had my local store pull the only two they had in stock, oddly enough. (One of each)

Definitely prefer the Bounty Hunter set...Robonino is so worth the wait! The Clones are ok, but cool aliens always trump for me.

I never even did see the endcap reset anywhere outside of one place that didn't have any of the TCW stuff out.

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 16, 2010, 07:57 PM »
what are the dpci's for the 2 packs?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2010, 08:40 PM »

087-06-2251

Happy hunting!

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2010, 09:54 AM »

087-06-2251

Happy hunting!
thanks man

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 18, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Saw all of the Clone Wars stuff at my local Target this morning.

They also put out one case each of Waves 2 and 3 - so I grabbed my fourth and final Flamethrower Clone to open.

I was originally going to grab four Gojis to open, but they used the inferior clone body on him so I kept it to two of him.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 18, 2010, 07:39 PM »
I finally saw and scored Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter courtesy of the local Walmart. They had at least three out on the shelves, so I was able to nab a pristine box. Freakin' sweet.

Aside from the Shadows of the Malevolence packs, which I have still not seen, I am 100% caught up.  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 18, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Aside from the Shadows of the Malevolence packs, which I have still not seen, I am 100% caught up.  ;D

Ok, so much for that: scored all 3 Malevolence sets tonight at a different Walmart. Damn these are pricey, but I guess you have to factor in the price of the DVD as well.

I'd still like another Robonino BP, but I've yet to actually see any in the wild. The lone one I have came via DCPI.

Feels good to be caught up again.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00 AM »
I know it is still very early on for the Target exclusives, but pretty much all of the exclusives except for the Cad Bane/IG packs and some Mighty Muggs are wiped out - and my local Target stocked this display endcap pretty darn full.