Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 1 (RotLA)  (Read 32130 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Figures - 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2007, 05:39 PM »
I preordered them over at BBTS, its still listed in my preorders.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Maybe most people know Hasbro will clog the shelves with them, ala Marvel.  :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 11:02 AM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2007, 10:02 PM »
I'm just going to try my luck at retail.  I really hope I can control myself with this line.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Well here is some interesting news about wave 1 from TPU.

"Q1. Most collectors have now seen the intial wave of
Indiana Jones figures on StarWarsShop.com. What's the
rationale behind not revealing the full case assortment (there are 'mystery' figures), when we all know the characters you aren't showing us because they were previewed at Comic Con last year?

A1. Actually, we have not revealed any characters from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which are shipping in each case pack alongside the classic figures. Details on the full lineup will be revealed at Toy Fair - stay tuned!"

Looks like that out initial thoughts may have been wrong.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Hmmm.... I was expecting OT & KOCS to be different lines.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2008, 08:15 PM »
It does make sense to ship them together. Rather than having multiple skews, and two lines essentially competing for shelf space they are able to ship it all together, much like say TSC or 30AC. It is more cost efficient to only come up with type of packaging as opposed to one for Kingdom and another for the OT. It probably will be a good thing for the longevity of the line to ship it all at once as well. Only time will tell I suppose.
"This is the way."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 10:04 PM »
I hope this doesn't mean we won't get the SA Indy until wave 2.  :-\

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30 PM »
NDIANA JONES 3 ¾” ACTION FIGURES

(Approximate Retail Price: $6.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: May 1, 2008)

These collectible action figures include detailed styling along with dedicated “relics” and accessories for each hero and villain from the INDIANA JONES adventures. The assortment includes 30 figures from all four INDIANA JONES movies, allowing kids the opportunity to recreate their favorite INDIANA JONES moments of all time.

ALL FOUR!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2008, 03:36 AM »
More basic images...

& Deluxe...

Just off the top of my head real quick...

Monkey Man and Cairo Swordsman look great, but their robes obviously will impact poseability... 

Indy w/Whip, while action-laden, looks cool in a way.  I love it.

SA Indy looks like he too will feature a working holster, so I'm ecstatic at that...

Marion's a little weak IMO, due to the articulation.   :-\  Plus I really think the pan's a lame accessory, but that's me.  I hope it means we get the funky teeth guy she smacks with it.

The Deluxe items look great, but my buddies in the military 1:18 hobby are already picking apart the bike's "toyish" looks.  For $10, they shouldn't gripe so much IMO.  It's not 21st's quality but it's decent looking, and I think that the rider looks OUTSTANDING so far.  A really nice German figure in a greatcoat.  I hope the helmet comes off, but as it stands he's a great army builder, and it's the only German bike in this scale I can think of, so I'm down for about 3 of those at least.  No side, but it looks like holes for one there on the side.

The horse w/Indy looks great, but Indy looks so-so as a stand-alone figure...  He doesn't look like the basic one to me, that I can tell anyway.

The Indy w/whip swinging playset is interesting.  A little tiny playset like item is a unique thing I think.  I'ts not accurate, but I think it's a nice effort to make something nice for kids particularly there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2008, 04:51 AM »
actually diggin the deluxe more than the basic so far, the indy headsculpts seem cleaner and appear to have removable hats. The german biker is awesome, can't wait to see the vehicles. Also, as per the rumored 2-packs, doesn't that mean we'll get 2 marions in this costume?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2008, 10:17 AM »
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/indianajones/40473.jpg[/img]

The Deluxe items look great, but my buddies in the military 1:18 hobby are already picking apart the bike's "toyish" looks.  For $10, they shouldn't gripe so much IMO.  It's not 21st's quality but it's decent looking, and I think that the rider looks OUTSTANDING so far.  A really nice German figure in a greatcoat.  I hope the helmet comes off, but as it stands he's a great army builder, and it's the only German bike in this scale I can think of, so I'm down for about 3 of those at least.  No side, but it looks like holes for one there on the side.

Jesse I agree with you.  The Bike is not Historically Accurate but it IS Movie Accurate.

And not compain about complainers, but from what I've seen those guys wouldn't know accurate if it jumped out of and hit them with a dated original example.  But I don't want to get started on that...

I agree.  The hole on the side of the bike SCREAMS for a Side Car.

And it is the Most accurate scale Bike.... I love the horse too...gotta get several of those as well.

The playset is good for what it is, and appears new enough even if it is a reuse of Mustafar

As far as the Indy figures go...Hasbro must HATE Harrison Ford...they can't do a head sculpt for him in any line...the one on the horse looks like the Head Shrinking tribe got him...

But I'll take one of each shown and multiples of others... now show us the Staff Car and Truck...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:18 AM by Paul »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Yeah, I am more interested in the Deluxe figures so far.  Although I always wanted a ceremonial robes Belloq.  I hope Connery is revealed today with the side by side motorcycle or whatever that is actually called from the Last Crusade...and of course Temple of Doom figures. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2008, 12:20 PM »

I have a theory about the Skull faced charcater that could be SPOILER>>>

I think that Abner Ravenwood has been living amoung the natives for a while...In the trailer he looks all ratty
with a long beard and white hair.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:19 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Wow, these are looking pretty awesome. And after seeing those pics of the Clone Wars line, I just may be collecting this line at a large scale after all.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Wow, these are looking pretty awesome. And after seeing those pics of the Clone Wars line, I just may be collecting this line at a large scale after all.

same here this line looks wicked
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: