Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199570 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1725 on: December 12, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Sprry, I saw those Resolute figures last night at Target, picked up Cobra Commander and both Cobra troopers that I saw.  I swore I wasn't going to get those, but seeing them in person was a different story.  I opened CC when I got home and he's pretty damn sweet, I like the "meaner" helmet that he's got.

As for the paint jobs, the ones that I saw actually looked really good.  Most of the figures I've seen lately look very nice on their paint jobs, except the Cobra disguise Flint... most of those are awful.

I also saw Blowtorch there, which looked alright but I passed on him.  Passed on the Resolute Duke too... almost bought the new Firefly, but I resisted temptation.   :P 

That's good to hear, because I really want Blowtorch.  As long as I just saw a bad batch, I'll be happy.  Those new Cobra Troopers look sweet.  I'll have to see a well painted Cobra Commander before I weigh in on him.  His design is pretty cool...just a little too different for me right now.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1726 on: December 12, 2008, 03:51 PM »
Saw some leftovers today.  I don't like the Resolute Duke at all.  They had no CC or trooper so I'm hoping to have the same impression when I come across them as I don't want to get into another subline.  Torch & Firefly looked too colorful for my taste.  Didn't see a Blowtorch either (the one I really wanted out of this wave)

Has anyone here been picking these up?

I have been - regrettably.  These just don't "click" for me as the Galactic & Robot Heroes have for some reason.  Either that or I just didn't care much for w1.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1727 on: December 12, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Has anyone here been picking these up?  I've just got the Snake Eyes/Timber SDCC exclusive, but have to admit that I've been tempted to grab some of these when I've seen them.  Our daughter really enjoys playing with the SHS and GH figures, and I thought I might throw a few of these in there as well.  Anyways, like I said, I wasn't sure if anyone here was buying these, but just thought I'd pass it along.

I am grabbing all of these right now.  With my 7 month old son soon to be indoctrinated into Joes, this will be a great "gateway" Joe for him.

Brian, pm me your address, I have several SDCC SnakeEyes and Timbers ... more than I can possibly use.

That's good to hear, because I really want Blowtorch.  As long as I just saw a bad batch, I'll be happy.  Those new Cobra Troopers look sweet.  I'll have to see a well painted Cobra Commander before I weigh in on him.  His design is pretty cool...just a little too different for me right now.

I agree the 3 Blowtorch's (and that wave) I have seen all had good Paint Apps for sure.   You'll have to give them another chance.  Even I like the Resolute stuff to an extent and I fear change more than anybody.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1728 on: December 12, 2008, 08:13 PM »
I got Blowtorch and the Resolute Cobra Trooper today from a fellow collector.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1729 on: December 12, 2008, 09:04 PM »
It appears as though Blowtorch and the Resolute dudes are in stock on HTS right now. I picked up Beachhead/Mainframe and a Blowtorch. Now to see if I actually get Blowtorch.

Don't forget to use GIFT20 for 20% off.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1730 on: December 13, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Combat Heroes wave 3

I'd like to get some of these, but with the first series being DOA at retail, it probably won't happen.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:43 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1731 on: December 13, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Man, I really love Kohl's. I just picked up the Scrap Iron/Wild Bill comic pack for like $8. 15% off coupons are great. Then I went to WM and found some new stuff. Picked up Cobra Flint, Pilot Scarlett, and the regular Wraith.

Now the only basic I need is the Eel.

Check this out. Nice, yeah?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1732 on: December 14, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Targets in MN seemed to have unloaded all of the peg warmers with fresh cases of w10 almost everywhere I stopped at yesterday.  I don't need anything, but it looks like I might still have a chance at a Wraith variant as I've been seeing the standard version for the first time anywhere outside of Kohl's.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1733 on: December 14, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Hey, if you're looking for a Wraith variant, I have one still MOC that I'd be happy to trade. I thought about opening it, but I have the regular one now.  :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:27 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1734 on: December 14, 2008, 08:30 PM »
After assembling my MASS device, I started setting up some of my GI JOE figures tonight (finally).  And wow, was it fun!  Much more enjoyable than setting up a Star Wars scene for me actually, maybe because it brought back so many memories of playing with my Joes as a kid (with Star Wars, I was so young back then that the memories aren't all that clear - but Joe stuff is easy to remember for me... every battle!!). 

I still like SW a lot more, but this really was a breath of fresh air for me.  I think all the customizing, dioramas and photonovels has really worn me out in a way.

Anyways, this got me to wondering if you guys have posted any pics of your Joe collections of this stuff (carded, loose, dioramas, etc.)? 

Also, not sure if you guys have seen this image of the new Baroness yet that is coming in the upcoming 5-pk, I saw this image is over at Hisstank.com -

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:38 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1735 on: December 15, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I saw that photo last night and that Baroness looks great.  I'm pissed that she's in that 5-pack with 4 other figures I don't want or need. 

I spotted Wave 13 at Target yesterday (maybe it was Saturday) which was fine except that means we've now missed at least 3 waves at Target and only one of them, Wave 11, has shown up anywhere in town.  I'm worried now that I'm never going to see those other waves and since they're sold out on HTS.com I'm not sure how I'm going to pick up the figures I'm looking for.

Maybe that's for the better with prices what they are, but still, I'd like the option.  On the plus side, the Resolute figures looked pretty good.  I didn't buy any but that was as much that I didn't need another Duke or CC than anything else.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1736 on: December 15, 2008, 09:46 AM »
It appears as though Blowtorch and the Resolute dudes are in stock on HTS right now. I picked up Beachhead/Mainframe and a Blowtorch. Now to see if I actually get Blowtorch.

Don't forget to use GIFT20 for 20% off.

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I was able to place an order for Blowtorch, so hopefully that goes through ok.  It was one of the last remaining re-dos of figures I had as a kid, so I was really hoping to pick that figure up.  I may be wrapping up this line now (although some of the figures in those new 5 packs are tempting), but even if I have to, its been a heck of a collection in just a couple of years.  A lot more than I had as a kid even, that's for sure.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1737 on: December 15, 2008, 01:00 PM »
After assembling my MASS device, I started setting up some of my GI JOE figures tonight (finally).  And wow, was it fun!  Much more enjoyable than setting up a Star Wars scene for me actually, maybe because it brought back so many memories of playing with my Joes as a kid (with Star Wars, I was so young back then that the memories aren't all that clear - but Joe stuff is easy to remember for me... every battle!!). 

I still like SW a lot more, but this really was a breath of fresh air for me.  I think all the customizing, dioramas and photonovels has really worn me out in a way.

Anyways, this got me to wondering if you guys have posted any pics of your Joe collections of this stuff (carded, loose, dioramas, etc.)? 

Chewie, I'm disappointed that you of all people are not a regular visitor to my G.I. Joe photonovel blog: Freedom Isn't Free.

It only gets updated when I'm drunk, though  ;)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1738 on: December 15, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I think I had seen a pic or two from that before, I didn't realize where it came from or that it was your work.  I skimmed through it and it looked pretty entertaining.

I was scrolling through the archives today at www.yojoe.com and I saw this version of the Mobat -

I think if they had given the Mobat in the UBP that sort of paint scheme, I'd be more interested in it.  I do remember seeing the Joe line back in TRU in the late 1990s with somewhat classic designs, and I think I remember seeing the Mobat back then on the shelves.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1739 on: December 16, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Target Exclusive Tiger Rat & Python Patrol Conquest

I know these were hinted at and thankfully the first run went better than at least I expected.   :)