Author Topic: 2022 Droid Factory R7-TN0 (SW Celebration)  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2022 Droid Factory R7-TN0 (SW Celebration)
« on: May 26, 2022, 02:06 PM »
NO details yet, but this guy was revealed at Celebration today - possibly more details coming at the DisneyParks panel later this weekend.

Image from From4-LOMtoZuckuss

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 12:12 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Droid Factory R7-TN0
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 02:32 PM »
Oh good, I was worried that they weren’t putting out enough random, made up droids.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 03:23 PM »
Oh good, I was worried that they weren’t putting out enough random, made up droids.

What, you've got no room in your collection for an "Ahsoka Fandroid"?

You know, technically these are made by Disney and not Hasbro product so you can quit anytime and keep your "one of everything Hasbro 3.75" collection" intact. ;)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 03:37 PM »
I can deal with the random droid.  I just hope they make enough that they stay in stock for more than an hour, and ideally they're also on ShopDisney.com and not just eBay, er, park exclusive.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 05:05 PM »

What, you've got no room in your collection for an "Ahsoka Fandroid"?

You know, technically these are made by Disney and not Hasbro product so you can quit anytime and keep your "one of everything Hasbro 3.75" collection" intact. ;)

Ha, there's always room for one more.

That said, I'm quickly getting to the point where the assemble-them-yourself droid factory figures are just about the only things missing.  But if Disney releases it as a named-droid on a card or with a vehicle... I'm buying. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 05:16 PM »

Even though they are "made by Disney" - they licensed the original Astromech and Protocol Droid sculpts from Hasbro, and if they were to be honest with us, they would admit that the figures are made in the same factory as the regular Hasbro stuff.

The recent R2-W50 droid was carded up EXACTLY like the TVC Carbonized figures and for some reason, so is the SK-620 astromech (just without the glossy finish) that is exclusive to the Galactic Starcruiser. I think they even used the same "carbonized" gold paint treatment they used on the recent Carbonized Shoretrooper figure (both 3.75" and 6" scale).

So, for me at least, no matter how many times someone reminds me "you know these aren't Hasbro", I'm still convinced they are Hasbro, they just don't have the Hasbro name on the package...

Anyway, back to R7-TN0...

Apparently these are out and purchasable at Downtown Disney in California. They did indicate during the Celebration panel (per the slide) that these were "limited" - who the heck knows what that means.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 08:43 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 08:52 PM »
I just bought one on eBay for $30 shipped.  It’s done and now guaranteed to be widely available.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2022 Droid Factory R7-TN0 (2022 SW Celebration)
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 10:05 PM »
Friends secured me one of these at the show so I can’t wait.  Just wish they’d given a heads up because it became a pain to track down for some.  People arrived early to go to the park only to find they held this till later.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Droid Factory R7-TN0 (SW Celebration)
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 05:55 AM »

Even though they are "made by Disney" - they licensed the original Astromech and Protocol Droid sculpts from Hasbro, and if they were to be honest with us, they would admit that the figures are made in the same factory as the regular Hasbro stuff.

The recent R2-W50 droid was carded up EXACTLY like the TVC Carbonized figures and for some reason, so is the SK-620 astromech (just without the glossy finish) that is exclusive to the Galactic Starcruiser. I think they even used the same "carbonized" gold paint treatment they used on the recent Carbonized Shoretrooper figure (both 3.75" and 6" scale).

So, for me at least, no matter how many times someone reminds me "you know these aren't Hasbro", I'm still convinced they are Hasbro, they just don't have the Hasbro name on the package...

Apparently these are out and purchasable at Downtown Disney in California. They did indicate during the Celebration panel (per the slide) that these were "limited" - who the heck knows what that means.

The cat seems to be out of the bag from Hasbro regarding these droids.  Because they mentioned the Disney Parks exclusives during the Hasbro panel.  I think they're trying to clarify that situation to an extent.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 08:48 AM »

The cat seems to be out of the bag from Hasbro regarding these droids.  Because they mentioned the Disney Parks exclusives during the Hasbro panel.  I think they're trying to clarify that situation to an extent.

I was just trolling Rob with my comment... I was not trying to imply anything about the origins of the droid molds or whatever. :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2022, 01:15 AM »
I just bought one on eBay for $30 shipped.  It’s done and now guaranteed to be widely available.

I did the same and got two off eBay. So if/when these show up on ShopDisney or in WDW - you're welcome...  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 11:25 AM »
I just ordered one of these from eBay.  And I’m expecting it to turn up on ShopDisney later today, LOL. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2022, 03:07 PM »
Gave up waiting for ShopDisney and went the ebay route over the weekend. My R7 should be here this week.  I figured $26 with shipping isn't that bad considering these droids are now $15 at the parks. 

I just wish there was some consistency for when the droids will be on ShopDisney and when they won't...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2022, 04:42 PM »
Agreed there.  I'm getting to the point where as much as I hate the pricing, I'm doing whatever's easiest and fastest more often.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 04:46 PM »
Agreed there.  I'm getting to the point where as much as I hate the pricing, I'm doing whatever's easiest and fastest more often.

+1

I don't even bother to wait for ShopDisney if I can get the droids on eBay for $30 or under.  ShopDisney is so random in what they stock and when.