Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 88271 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Wings lose to the Canucks again.  I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Wings play after the Canucks tied the score but good God did the Canucks get away with some cheap play last night.  It started looking like 2 years ago all over again.  They got away with so much it wasn't even funny.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2005, 12:32 PM »
And Bertuzzi without any PIM ::)  Sure, he had a hattrick, but I need penalty minutes in my spawn.com pool.  My goon squad has been far too well behaved and Bertuzzi's been a ***** this year. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Bertuzzi's been a ***** this year. 

I bet Bertuzzi's trying to be pretty damn careful after his incident

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2005, 06:33 PM »
The Ducks just traded Fedorov to Columbus!  I just called my buddy Todd who works for the Ducks to confirm. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Who'd they get for him?
"This is the way."

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Who'd they get for him?

Nobody!  Tyler Wright and some Dman.  It was a salary dump, plain and simple.  Burke always hated Fedorov and wants to make the team faster.  Not sure who he's gonna be able to get this season.  Rumor is Giguere is next.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Click for details  Jason's right, not much there :o

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Damn, the Rangers have just as many nobody's and I'm sure they would have been more than happy to give up two to Federov on the team. I'd love to see Federov on a line with Nylander and Jagr.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Nice night for the Pens!  Beating up our state rivals the Fliers in a BRUTAL game.  Lots of fighting/shoving.  Hard hitting game typical of Philly.  Crosby was beat around in the game, especially by Hatcher, but Crosby wound up winning it in OT on a breakaway.  If you guys are following him at all, this kid is the real deal all the way...  He's a marvel to watch him play, he's feisty as **** for his size, and he's REALLY fast (something Lemieux didn't have).

Mario's forever in my heart my favorite athlete ever.  He was why I played hockey, he's why I still want to play hockey despite my age/physical health, and he's forever my favorite Penguin on or off the ice...  But damn I like Crosby. :)  He really took charge tonight, and every time he was on the ice after his penalty, he was just electric.  Anyone who can do that at will is a superstar.

I love watching him mix it up with big vets too.  He wasn't taking **** from Hatcher and that is something that you have to respect as a player.  All the bigger Crosby is and he still is giving the finger to the big arrogant D of the league.  Nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Smart kid.  Not sure how much you remember about Selanne, but he was pretty tough as a rookie too.  In his second season they tried to get him to play more of a finesse game and it cost him and the team both.  Selanne loved to hit, especially for a skill player, and that's a big part of the reason he scored so much as a rookie, he'd mix it up.  Crosby's been impressive, no doubt.  Can't quite say the same about the Pens on the whole though. ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Nice night for the Pens! 

>:(

Beating up our state rivals the Fliers in a BRUTAL game.

>:(

Psst - Flyers  :P

And it pains me to see John LeClair in another uniform  >:(
Common sense isn't so common

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2005, 09:13 PM »
God what a scary scene at the Joe tonite.  Jiri Fischer suffered a seizure on the bench.  Players were frantic trying to get medical assistance to him.  I dropped the remote and was absolutely scared to death when I saw what was going on and then saw the team physicians doing CPR on him.  I thought he was dead.  Man that was awful.  They just showed some video of the area of the bench where he was and it looked as if he was already seizing and his head was basically being propped up by the boards. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2005, 09:23 PM »
NHL.com says that there was speculation that he was hit in the throat with a puck and then collapsed.  You're thinking it was a seizure?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2005, 09:34 PM »
ESPN says he's going to be okay - and they're saying Seizure as well.

Team spokesman John Hahn said Fischer was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital and was stable, breathing on his own and responsive.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Canadian news is saying it was a seizure as well.  He is currently listed in stable condition at the hospital.