Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244082 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2014, 05:07 PM »
BDW isn't looking so hot on Dancing with the Stars...  Was kinda hoping he'd get in shape from the show for the movie, but, uh, no.  :-\

I mean, the guy's close to 80.  What does anyone really expect?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27 PM »
I don't know what I expected I guess, and maybe I should've taken the time to google his age and figure out why he looked so bad...  Google is useful.

I guess I kind of expected what I'd heard about Fisher, Hammil, and Ford (already basically in shape enough I guess) "getting in shape" for the next film...  Then again I hadn't heard that BDW was even being brought back except one mention here just recently...  DWTS seemed to reinforce to me that maybe he isn't being asked back. 

I met Williams just a year or so ago, didn't seem this bad, but yeah, I don't know what he'd do in SW at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2014, 10:42 PM »
I met Williams just a year or so ago, didn't seem this bad, but yeah, I don't know what he'd do in SW at this point.

I'm guessing Lando and Han are generals...   They're not running around corridors, they're in meetings... at the helms of ships.  They're your Ackbar for the next films.

Speaking of which, **** I hope Admiral Ackbar shows up in them.  That would make me very happy.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 1, 2014, 01:42 PM »
Could Peter Mayhew be reprising his role as Chewbacca?  Check out this Jedi Insider posting, because Peter's clearing his convention appearance calender.

In other news, three more young actors have been added to the rumored cast list for Episode VII on IMDB.  They include:

Ed Speleers - Eragon, A Lonely Place To Die
John Boyega - Attack The Block
Matthew James Thomas - Billy Elliot, About A Boy

No mention of the previously rumored Jesse Plemons, who some thought might be in the running to play the son of Luke Skywalker.  It looks as though that might be the role filled by Ed Speleers.

Speaking of which, **** I hope Admiral Ackbar shows up in them.  That would make me very happy.

I DEFINITELY would like to see Ackbar return.

« Last Edit: April 1, 2014, 01:43 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 1, 2014, 09:24 PM »
That kid from Attack the Block would actually be pretty dope, that movie ruled.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2014, 11:57 AM »
No updates about AT-ATs on Tatooine, or Ben catching a little jungle fever in the desert?

This thread is slacking.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Im not liking the Ben thing if true, I think if he had had a child with anyone it would have been Satine. But more to the point, it just changes his character significantly I feel like. He was always the classic warrior monk, live-by-the-code type guy. I also don't like the idea that he would have abandoned his kid, or even been oblivious about her. Plus how does that fit in the whole timeline? Would have had to have been on Tattooine right?

They should have just made her Lando's daughter and made things simpler.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Most of Obi-Wan's life is unaccounted for. The only reason for them to introduce a character like this is to explain where they came from, which suggests (if any of this is true) we'll see Ewan McGregor again as Obi-Wan, likely in a stand alone movie set in the gap between ROTS and ANH. I'd be all for that. I'm also all for an Obi-Wan who is not a cardboard cut-out of himself as we've discussed I think here before. If he had a child, or grandchildren, I don't think that diminishes him in any way. It may compound the tragedy of Obi-Wan Kenobi - does he forego what we can only speculate would have been a chance at a normal life, to adhere to his vows, to his duty to Luke? Does he even know about any offspring? I guess we'll find out. If any of it is true.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 17, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Obi-Wan having a family or children is an interesting prospect.  Some of the EU had him close with another padawan.  And we also saw the storyline between him and Satine in Clone Wars.  So there's some potential backstory there to show that Obi-Wan may have strayed from the monastic life of the Jedi. 

Another angle?  Obi-Wan was witness to Order 66, and knew that the Empire was hunting down the Jedi.  He was also aware of Anakin and Padme's relationship and that their children could be that potential new hope for the Jedi, or perhaps a new apprentice for the Sith.  With that in mind Obi-Wan may have wanted to make sure that a Force sensitive child might carry on his own legacy.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #325 on: April 17, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Anyone see the Yahoo story with the set pieces? 

I like all the mass hysteria surrounding it, which could be pretty much anything but its shape has people assuming one thing in particular. :)  Craziness.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Just read it Jesse, thanks for pointing it out.  That tent seems awful small to film what they are saying, but who knows.  Knowing all the secrecy around this film, you don't think they would actually set up a fake location just to draw attention away from actual location shoots do you?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2014, 01:02 AM »
Eh, with this thing, anything is possible...  I don't think it's what they think it is, but whatever...  The stories about this are really lame though.  "Hey, I think that round thing may be a new ship!  Or just a thing, that sits there, in the background...  and stuff".

It's kind of funny.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2014, 01:16 AM »
Obi-Wan having a family or children is an interesting prospect.  Some of the EU had him close with another padawan.  And we also saw the storyline between him and Satine in Clone Wars.  So there's some potential backstory there to show that Obi-Wan may have strayed from the monastic life of the Jedi. 

Another angle?  Obi-Wan was witness to Order 66, and knew that the Empire was hunting down the Jedi.  He was also aware of Anakin and Padme's relationship and that their children could be that potential new hope for the Jedi, or perhaps a new apprentice for the Sith.  With that in mind Obi-Wan may have wanted to make sure that a Force sensitive child might carry on his own legacy.

So if Obi-Wan does have a kid and she is force sensitive, what's with the dialogue between Obi and Yoda in Empire basically stating Luke or another (Leia) are their only hope?  I'd think mini-Obi might have factored into that conversation.  I just don't see the need to tread down that pre-original-trilogy path.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2014, 08:22 AM »
So if Obi-Wan does have a kid and she is force sensitive, what's with the dialogue between Obi and Yoda in Empire basically stating Luke or another (Leia) are their only hope? 

Yeah, I can see that being a problem... But from a different angle, even if the kid is force-sensitive, perhaps Luke and Leia are the only hope for balancing the force.  They are Anakin's offspring so maybe the love of a father for his children and vice-versa (yeah, after maiming one and torturing the other) can win Vader over.