Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193098 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Yep, been bit by the bug again. Snagged the Landspeeder, which is worth maybe $10 instead of $25 but whatever.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2011, 01:06 AM »
Anyone seen those LEGO character watches? Found a Boba Fett one today and got it for the figure. Basically paid $16 for the minifig but it saves me from buying another Slave I.

In other news, if anyone is interested in a LEGO Boba Fett wristwatch, I have one available ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 7, 2011, 01:24 AM »
Got a Bossk Mini at the local toy show for basically a swap, and that was great.  Made my weekend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I received the Falcon set for Christmas this year, really looking forward to putting it together this winter sometime.  Still have the X-Wing set I grabbed at TRU last year too during a sale, so these will be the first larger sets that I've tackled personally.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Been a while since I've logged on here, but over Christmas, the family got me the Republic Frigate for a gift, which is really cool.  I hadn't seen any pictures of the side pods opened up (aside from the ones on the box) so seeing that you can have Yoda and Eeth Koth sit at a table viewing a hologram was pretty fun.  Also, it has a handle built in, which makes carrying it a whole lot easier.

Before Christmas, I also caved in, spent some VIP dollars, and bought the Death Star.  Alongside my vintage Micro Collection Bespin World, this thing is the crown jewel of my Star Wars collection.  It took me around 26 hours over a 5-day-period to build it from bottom to top, but wow, was it worth it.  Probably the most fun I've had with a Star Wars toy ever, and I highly recommend it if you have the cash and the space.  Or, I suppose you could spend that money on five Hasbro figures at this point. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 02:41 AM »
I got this Imperial Star Destroyer, Midi Scale, on clearance at Wal-Mart last week and built it Sunday.

Man, this thing rocks socks.  I need to make a tiny Blockade Runner to go with it though! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Since my legos are boxed up, I haven't been collecting for the last three and a half years.  I've missed some great sets, and since we all know what happens when they go out of print, I decided last week to work on getting all caught up right now before the stuff that's available disappears and doubles in price.

So this week, I ordered the TIE Fighter, Ewok Attack, Desert Skiff, Droid Escape, and then went crazy on the UCS B-Wing, UCS Imperial Shuttle, UCS Super Star Destroyer.

Over the next 2 or 3 months I'll be focusing on finding good bargains on the Death Star, Jabba's Palace, the Mon Calmari Cruiser, Endor Bunker, and Hoth playsets... while it's not too late. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24 PM »
You must be Zod?

All my SW sets are sealed except the Sail Barge, Ep1 Crusier, and some loose boxed stuff I got off a local.  Boxes sure take up quite a bit of room, but that's okay.

I'm teetering on the Imperial Shuttle which is thankfully still on sale but I have like 3-4 Hasbro versions so not really sure I need this one or not even though it's my favorite SW vehicle.   Hmmmmm

SSD went back up but I'm sure it will come back down again.  I really don't like paying more then $200 for a toy though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Yeah, that's me.  It's an expensive thing for sure... but I have really been regretting getting behind like this, and the longer I wait the more painful it will get.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Definitely an expensive hobby - let alone trying to go back and hunt down retired sets so I know how you feel.  I didn't get bit by the LEGO bug until about 3-4 years ago, but have been doing okay juggling various toy lines.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 04:12 PM »
I was lucky enough that I started when they started making them... I also got a lot of the kits for free from a friend of mine.  Most of the big UCS ones that I have were birthday or Christmas gifts back in the day... this is the first time that I've shelled out some serious money all at once. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Picked the polybag TIE Fighter (8028) at Target this morning.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Went a little nutty with Amazon last week...Free overnight shipping (and no tax) was pretty cool on top of the sale prices.  Those boxes are heavy! - for a toy...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Nice Haul Mike!  What's with the little pilot and mini-TIE Fighter?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2012, 11:27 PM »
I did the same thing.  Working to get caught up on three years of Lego in 2 weeks is intimidating, but once I decided that I regretted stopping, it didn't seem to make any sense to wait for stuff to go OOP and end up costing more on eBay.  I've got an A-Wing and a Hoth Echo Base on the way in the mail.  And I'm pretty sure I have a Jabba's Palace (the newer one) on the way for X-mas.  There are still 20 to 25 sets I'm aiming to pick up over the next few months, but I decided to get the heavy stuff out of the way first while the sales were good.