Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 359735 times)

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #945 on: February 28, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Mine started with the stormie, saw it in a sci-fi shop (the only one we have in my little town :( ) and though thats different I'll have that. Then when I got home I checked out the gentle giant website and it went from there. Not really sure which ones I want next, Lando skiff guard is a definate though... maybe the cheaper non rare Yoda too.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #946 on: March 2, 2006, 09:28 AM »
I'm watching for the vTSC stuff to go up, I'll let you know if I see those pre-orders for the Clones go up...

Clone Mini-Bust Case for pre-order at New Force Comics.

Yeah, it's just the case of 6, but at $269.99 per case, that's only about $45 per bust.  Not too shabby I guess compared to the other prices out there...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 2, 2006, 03:37 PM »
I ordered the original Vader bust from Ebay today... not sure were its going to go though, probably going to have to start a new shelf ;D

Thats my collection just waiting for vader to arrive now.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 3, 2006, 04:41 PM »
I'm up to 10.
Bossk, Han Stormie, Luke Stormie, biker scout, stormtrooper, vader, gammorean guard, 3p0, yoda, and regular han.  Other then bossk and the gammorean, I've tried to stick with imperials and classic versions of the main characters (looking forward to chewie).  I've been tempted by x-wing luke, but think I'll wait to see if they ever do a tatooine or jedi version.  That boussh is really nice too, but that would take me down a dangerous road.
Tops on my GG wish list is a tie-pilot.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 9, 2006, 04:12 PM »
If anyone is looking for the clone busts by the case, talesofwonder.com is selling them fairly cheaply. 

My order, shipped to MN was a total of $256.48.  Enter the coupon code "service" (without the quotes, case sensitive) after it's in your cart to save $5. 

I've ordered from them before (Vader statue; sandtrooper busts) and was very pleased with their service, shipping time and price.  A good choice just like newforcecomics.com is.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 9, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Do any of the Luke's that are out have him with his lightsaber?  I suppose I could surf the net but it's quicker to ask here  ;)
Beth

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 9, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Do any of the Luke's that are out have him with his lightsaber?  I suppose I could surf the net but it's quicker to ask here  ;)

Nope.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 17, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Heres an updated photo of my collection with Vader added, I managed to squeeze him on the shelf...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 31, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Lando arrived today !!
Woo and Hoo !!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D
pics to come
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 31, 2006, 03:40 PM »
GG updated their blog.  You can leave your opinion on how they should handle the exclusives.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 1, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Oh, my :o

Japanese exclusive, limited to 1000 pieces according to Bounty-Hunter CK that posted this picture over at snowtroopers.ca

Must have :'(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 1, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Looks like it'll be the same as the deluxe version, ie. multiple poses.  8)

Kinda makes me want to get a couple to flank my 2 regular Stormies.

...edit... After translating with Bablefish, it seems that there will be 500 pieces available from Blister.jp, but a total of 1000 pieces available worldwide.  So I imagine the other 500 should be made available to North America at a later time.

"The number of day sales": 500
"The worldwide number of limitations": 1000
« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 12:11 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 1, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I've been waiting for this. Considering what the bust ups are going for I foresee a HUGE headache in my future :-\. I'm going to want each variant but with the madness that will ensue with the release of these I'll be happy just to get one. Time to start frequenting SWS.com.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 1, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Just a small tidbit of information from my buddy Tai that's in Japan.  This thing is legit and price is around 9000 Yen.  As for all the chatter about April Fool's day jokes, Japan is about 18 hours ahead of CST so it looks like this information was actually released on April 2nd. 

If the price seems high (around $70 US) it may be that way since GG may have finally decided to get a larger portion of what these things will inevitably go for on ebay.  Perfectly good business sense there.  So I wouldn't expect a $50 pricepoint when and if it goes on sale in the U.S. via SWS.com or the Collector's Club.

I suppose it could still be an April Fool's joke, but it's not looking like it.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 1, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I hope it's not an April fools joke! Well... I hope the quantity is ;). GG should know better than to make any one of their busts an edition size of 1000. You would think they would have learned their lesson with the SDCC Clone Trooper.

Speaking of SDCC, I hope everyone is putting in their opinions at the SDCC 2006 blog! This is the only way of giving ourselves a fighting chance.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2006, 04:50 PM by Bobafett77 »