Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)

<< < (4/13) > >>

Jeff:
The kids and I will be doing a home marathon - watching one flick each Saturday night starting 11/7 and then seeing Ep7 on Saturday 12/19.  (yes, including 1-2-3 since they actually like the prequels).

Nicklab:
I was thinking about doing something similar at home. 

The marathon SOUNDS great until you actually think about the details.  24 hours in a movie theater can be kind of rough, just from a sleep deprivation standpoint.  I'm used to getting up for work at 4 AM, so that part of it isn't so much the concern.  But sitting in a theater for THAT LONG?  And to have the movie that you really want to see, THE FORCE AWAKENS after watching both the PT and the OT?  I don't think I'd want to be that tired going into the new movie.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Jeff on October 21, 2015, 12:58 PM ---The kids and I will be doing a home marathon - watching one flick each Saturday night starting 11/7 and then seeing Ep7 on Saturday 12/19.  (yes, including 1-2-3 since they actually like the prequels).

--- End quote ---

We'll be doing the same, but I think we'll skip 1-3.  I think they're relevant to the 4-6 story line, but I'm not sure how relevant they are to the 7+ story line.

Diddly:
I agree with Nicklab. That's a lot of Star Wars, and it's going to be hard enough waiting through that week.

I'll probably watch a movie a night leading up to TFA, maybe throw in stuff like the Tartakovsky Clone Wars, or the un-special OT on VHS if I can swing it.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Diddly on October 21, 2015, 05:43 PM --- That's a lot of Star Wars, and it's going to be hard enough waiting through that week.

--- End quote ---

It's a lot of ANYTHING, truth be told.  I remember a few years ago I had like 3 days off, and it was summer movie season.  I had some free time and decided to see the first Transformers movie in the theater.  And I had plans that same night to go see a Harry Potter film that night with friends.  Wow, what a mistake!  Feel free to bash the Transformers movie because it's definitely an easy target.  But after that Harry Potter movie?  I was EXHAUSTED!  I couldn't believe how seeing two blockbuster films on the same day in a movie theater wiped me out, even with as much as three hours in between each one.  That experience alone left me very, very wary of doing a movie marathon.  I thought about doing it with the Lord of the Rings films, but those movies are even longer than any of the Star Wars movies.  I would much rather do a series of screenings, but still be well rested and able to enjoy the movie.  And most of all, to let the new film stand on it's own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version