Author Topic: 2023 HasLab - TVC The Ghost  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC The Ghost
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2023, 10:55 PM »
If these figures really are released identically on Ahsoka cards, selling the Rebels ones will be an easy way recoup a lot of this cost… I bet about half.

I don’t know, it sounded int the panel like they said the tooling for the figures themselves was going to be entirely unique to the Ghost set, not just the cardbacks. But they’ve gone back on that kind of thing before.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2023, 11:22 PM »
Interesting, I didn’t manage to listen to any of it and am still getting caught up.  Could be a ploy to drive backers…
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 11:23 PM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2023, 11:54 PM »
Ah **** it.  It's only money.  I backed The Ghost.  I have no idea where I'm going to put it, but I guess I have a year+ to figure that out.

4455 backers so far...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2023, 10:43 AM »
Woke up to about 5,300.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2023, 04:57 PM »
Closing in on 6,000 backers in under 24 hours!  And I haven’t even gotten my order in yet. 

I’m also fairly certain that the tier unlock figures are not going to be locked behind a paywall.  I saw the term “Exclusive Packaging” attached to them, and I’m fairly certain that it refers to the Mural artwork on the cardbacks.  I’m not sure if any of the accessories might be exclusive though.  That was a thing with the Razor Crest figures. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 05:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2023, 05:18 PM »
I preordered last night.

I'm hoping that each of these figures will be getting a main line release like the figures for the Barge.  I'm not sure I want to open these.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2023, 05:27 PM »
I'm almost considering doing three now... I was pretty bummed to miss out on both the Crest & the Barge. It's now been about a year since the release of the Razor Crest and they are going for at least $800 on eBay, and $600+ for only the ship & the Barge is going for $2,000+. I think I'd want to do one set for myself, keep the figures carded from the second set, & then keep the third set MIP as an extra to sell/trade for a Barge/Crest in a few years. And if they end up rereleasing the figures I can just sell the whole second set as well.

Unless Fioloni decides to blow up the Ghost in Ahsoka (each of the other HasLab vehicles blew up on screen...  :-X ), I'm sure there will be people who skip it now but change their mind and want the Ghost when the Thrawn movie comes out in a few years.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 10:53 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2023, 05:46 PM »
Closing in on 6,000 backers in under 24 hours!  And I haven’t even gotten my order in yet. 

I’m also fairly certain that the tier unlock figures are not going to be locked behind a paywall. 

In the panel they said:

Hera:
"this version of her costume is exclusive to HasLab, won't ever get it anywhere else"
"HasLab exclusive Kalikori totem"

Ezra:
"this version of the costume is unique"
"HasLab exclusive details"

Kanan:
"Season 4 appearance exclusive to the HasLab campaign"

To me it sounds like these Season 4 looks are what will be exclusive to HasLab.  My guess is we will see the characters on a different Rebels card in the mainline, but definitely not all of these accessories and definitely with tweaks (which would match up to what they did with the Razor Crest - Grogu and Jawa in the mainline, but not 100% the same figure/accessories).

Like Ezra having a tweaked torso to remove the Season 4 collar and then losing the lothcat and Scout Helmet for the basic release in Season 2/3 colors or something. 

Again though, like others have said, never say never when it comes to Hasbro.  Plans change and all that.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2023, 12:08 PM »
Unless Fioloni decides to blow up the Ghost in Ahsoka (each of the other HasLab vehicles blew up on screen...  :-X ), I'm sure there will be people who skip it now but change their mind and want the Ghost when the Thrawn movie comes out in a few years.

You can see the Ghost in the final battle of Rise of Skywalker, so I think we're ok.  Of course the ship not blowing up could mean there won't be enough backers.  What are we at now???   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2023, 02:21 PM »
I just backed 1 Ghost.  And the tally is at 6871.

I had originally thought about buying more than 1 Ghost.  Part of the reason was the figures, and wanting to keep a set carded and having another to open.  But then I noticed in the copy for the campaign that it appears that the exclusive aspect of these figures is going to be the Ghost crew mural art from the final episode of the series.  Perhaps there's going to be an exclusive accessory or two with the figures - maybe Ezra's helmet or the Kanan alternate head from "Jedi Night".  But it's my belief that these figures are all going to make it into the mainline, just on different cardbacks and some slight differences.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2023, 02:41 PM »
I just backed 1 Ghost.  And the tally is at 6871.

I had originally thought about buying more than 1 Ghost.  Part of the reason was the figures, and wanting to keep a set carded and having another to open.  But then I noticed in the copy for the campaign that it appears that the exclusive aspect of these figures is going to be the Ghost crew mural art from the final episode of the series.  Perhaps there's going to be an exclusive accessory or two with the figures - maybe Ezra's helmet or the Kanan alternate head from "Jedi Night".  But it's my belief that these figures are all going to make it into the mainline, just on different cardbacks and some slight differences.

I backed during the live stream, but I'm considering another one. Have you seen the prices of the Sail Barge Yakface? The figures can definitely help you recoup costs, and the entire package (ship and figures) will only go up in value.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2023, 05:43 PM »
To me the Sail Barge is like vintage Kenner, Razor Crest and Ghost are like the modern line...

No one was buying extras of the Sail Bare to flip.  I think it capped out at like 8,800... everyone wanted it later when they realized how awesome an scarce it was.

Razor Crest sold nearly 29,000 - TONS of people bought extras to flip.  While they're pricey, they're still something you can get brand new for $600 or so now as opposed to $2500 or more for a Sail Barge.

I have to imagine Ghost will be similar when it's all said and done.  Maybe they won't sell 30,000 of them... but I don't think it's demand will ever rival the Sail Barge's.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2023, 06:14 AM »
Closing in on 7300 this morning!  Gaining 400 backers overnight is a good sign.  I think this is probably going to back within the next 24 hours.  As for the stretch goals?  I think we have to wait and see how the rate of backer increase develops over the next week or so.

Feedback

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2023, 07:18 AM »
At this point, I have to skip this one.  The Barge and Razor Crest take up enough space as it is.  I'm really trying to cut back.  If space wasn't an issue, I would probably jump on board.

I guess the main issue is the figures.  It would be nice if they would just come out and say, these will be re-released on different cardbacks minus an accessory like they did with the off world jawa.  You certainly want open figures to display in this thing and you also want the entire crew.  It would suck to have to open the pack-ins.

I would guess if this hits strech goal 1 or 2, they announce the Sabine and Chopper carded stretch goals.  If Hasbro were smart, they would release a six pack set of the stretch goal figures somewhere around the release of the Ghost.  Just repacks of all these figures minus a few the accessories.  You get the whole crew in one shot.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2023, 08:37 AM »
In the panel they said:

Hera:
"this version of her costume is exclusive to HasLab, won't ever get it anywhere else"
"HasLab exclusive Kalikori totem"

Ezra:
"this version of the costume is unique"
"HasLab exclusive details"

Kanan:
"Season 4 appearance exclusive to the HasLab campaign"

In all the fan interviews I have seen so far, Hasbro keeps saying that these particular Season 4 versions of the Rebels crew are only available in the HasLab.  Here's an example:

"Those cardbacks are exclusive to the HasLab.  These versions of the figures, the later season looks, seasons 3 and 4, are exclusive to the HasLab.  No current plans to release then in any other capacity."

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you believe what Hasbro says.