Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2004  (Read 109037 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2004
« Reply #420 on: November 20, 2004, 01:02 PM »
The only argument I have is the fact that this is the scoring system we agreed on, and let the change take place. It's not like they changed the point system for touchdowns and feild goads.

I dunno, as I said, maybe I'm crazy.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 20, 2004, 02:13 PM »
The only argument I have is the fact that this is the scoring system we agreed on, and let the change take place. It's not like they changed the point system for touchdowns and feild goads.

I dunno, as I said, maybe I'm crazy.

Kevin

I agree.  It was a real tight matchup between you two, and the fact is that Hasselbeck did not rush for 17 yards, he rushed for 11 yards.  The standings as Yahoo has it now are accurate, Famine wins the game.  I know that the scores are supposed to be final on Tuesday morning, and my guess is that the .12 points from the initial statistical error did not impact many other fantasy league outcomes, in fact, our's might be the only fantasy league that a game was actually altered.  But getting it right late is better than not getting it right at all. and Yahoo made it right this time.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 02:15 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 20, 2004, 02:34 PM »
Again, stat changes happen but the score was FINAL and should not be changed days later, regardless of a stat "correction." 

If I were in Famine's spot, and he in mine, I'd want the decision reversed again to give him the win since it was final as of Tuesday morning.  I think anyone here, obviously other than Dressel, would do the same. 

Be sure to check the waiver wire boys.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 02:37 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 20, 2004, 02:38 PM »

Send any trade offers you want and watch the waiver wire for my guys.

I don't think so, HoloElvis' roster has to be frozen.  Waiver wire pickups and lopsided trades cannot be allowed. 

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 20, 2004, 02:42 PM »

Send any trade offers you want and watch the waiver wire for my guys.

I don't think so, HoloElvis' roster has to be frozen.  Waiver wire pickups and lopsided trades cannot be allowed. 

Too late.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2004, 02:46 PM »
I'm just gonna self impose not looking at the roster so I'm not tempted.

I think we can all handel that.

Kevin

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2004, 02:53 PM »
I'm sure the commish will lock everything, but it doesn't matter at this point.  Anyone who faces me will get a win now.  It didn't have to come to this, but this was me voicing my displeasure at the decision and I think most of you would agree that I was robbed and can't blame me one bit for this. 

Hopefully this will show everyone that this league's scoring system needs SERIOUS changes for next season so that there is no decimal points involved so something like this doesn't happen again. 

Good luck the rest of the way boys, I'm out!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 02:54 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Commish, you did the right thing vetoing those trades and freezing everybody's roster.

Nicklab and KBZ, what the hell is wrong with you two?  How many times are you guys going to try to cheat this season?  You think it's okay to add players like Clinton Portis and Antonio Gates to your rosters from a guy who's trying to disrupt our league because a statistical error was corrected not in his favor?  First you guys tried to change the rules of our starting roster size after the draft, now this?  I don't know why anyone would want to play in a league with you two again.  I'm not really surprised that you two tried all this though.

The other owners can see what you two attempted by looking in the roster move history archive.  Just shameless.

Good job commish.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2004, 02:55 PM »
I'm sure the commish will lock everything, but it doesn't matter at this point.  Anyone who faces me will get a win now.  It didn't have to come to this, but this was me voicing my displeasure at the decision and I think most of you would agree that I was robbed and can't blame me one bit for this. 

Hopefully this will show everyone that this league's scoring system needs SERIOUS changes for next season so that there is no decimal points involved so something like this doesn't happen again. 

Good luck the rest of the way boys, I'm out!

No, you're being an idiot and a sore loser.  You shouldn't even be let back into the league for what you just attempted to do to ruin it.  You're acting like a 2 year old.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 20, 2004, 03:01 PM »
OCB - nice job getting the rosters back to normal and locking up HoloElvis' squad.  You did the right thing. 

Props.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #430 on: November 20, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Nicklab and KBZ, what the hell is wrong with you two?  How many times are you guys going to try to cheat this season?  You think it's okay to add players like Clinton Portis and Antonio Gates to your rosters from a guy who's trying to disrupt our league because a statistical error was corrected not in his favor?  

Well I tried to pick up guys too, so you can add me to your **** list Dressel.   :P

I figured Scott would take care of it, but I wasn't about to let someone else grab them out from under me if he couldn't change it after the fact...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 20, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Ok, now that the right thing is done, can we not fight? This is kinda getting out of hand, and I dont wanna see any beers thrown.

Kevin

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 20, 2004, 03:06 PM »
I'm sure the commish will lock everything, but it doesn't matter at this point.  Anyone who faces me will get a win now. 

Almost everyone was beating you anyway.

It didn't have to come to this, but this was me voicing my displeasure at the decision and I think most of you would agree that I was robbed and can't blame me one bit for this.  

No retaliating against the other 13 teams in that manner was disgraceful.  Newsflash Holo, Hasselbeck rushed for 11 yards, not 17.  Deal with it.  Trying to disrupt the entire league because your crappy 2-8 record team wasn't going to make the playoffs was retarded.  You should never be allowed to participate in a league with us again.  I doubt anyone agrees with your actions here, except for Zod and Nicklab who tried to cheat their pants off, as usual.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 20, 2004, 03:09 PM »
I've said my share on this matter now, I hear you Famine.  Peace in JD Fantasy NOW!!

8)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 20, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Yes. Let's all relax.
 8)
Kevin