Author Topic: Dagobah wave  (Read 27666 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Dagobah wave
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2004, 11:16 AM »
I think most people are saying the Handstand version is at least right now...I would guess over time it will be about 50/50

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2004, 11:46 PM »
One question for those of you who have Dagobah Luke.  Can you pose him like when he's trying to raise the X-Wing from the swamp?

Well, I got my Dagobah Luke and opened him last night.  In fact, I've got the figure sitting in front of me right now.  I think it's possible to straighten out the handstand hands for the X-Wing lift.  I believe it's just a matter of boiling those arms and straightening out the hands to a more neutral position.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2004, 09:10 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, but I've got a question for you guys...

I've been vocal in my desire to get an Non-Spirit Ben figure, but I may already have one, for it seems that Spirit Ben Kenobi (Dagobah) is... a kitbashed/rehash.

While goofing around with Ben last night, I discovered that the date stamp on his foot reads "2000", and to top it off he has a little tiny hole in his belt just like the PotJ Ben does.  After comparing for a bit, I feel I can sefely say that Spirit Ben's legs, lower body, and torso are all identical to the PotJ version!  

I think that his head may be recycled from the old Lays Spirit Obi-Wan as well.  As near as I can tell, only the arms and cloak are new... but that may be only because we havn't figured out where they came from yet. :(

So, is he kitbashed?  Or am I just crazy?

:P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Dig this crazy Mexi-con Exclusive...

Cool, but not worth $25 in my book...

Jeff

Uh, where can I snag one for $25?  :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2004, 10:06 AM »
That set is/was exclusive to the Official SW Convention of Mexico...

Info on the Two-Pack

The convention starts today I think, and that set will set you back 250 pesos (approx $25 USD), IF you can find someone in Mexico to nab you one... ;)

It is not known if it will be released anywhere else, but there were some rumors that it may end up at StarWarsShop.com in the fall, but this is not confirmed.

Jeff

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2004, 10:31 AM »
That set is/was exclusive to the Official SW Convention of Mexico...

Info on the Two-Pack

The convention starts today I think, and that set will set you back 250 pesos (approx $25 USD), IF you can find someone in Mexico to nab you one... ;)

It is not known if it will be released anywhere else, but there were some rumors that it may end up at StarWarsShop.com in the fall, but this is not confirmed.

Jeff

Thanks. I knew it was a show exclusive, but I thought you had a bead on someone (E-tailer) that could put it in my hands now for $25.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 6, 2004, 03:25 PM »
I've finally had the opportunity (yesterday) to open up the Dagobah wave (except for Luke, haven't opened that one yet), and I really think this wave looks pretty nice overall.  Although some might not like it, I think the "spirit" effect of Obi-Wan worked out well, and I really like how this figure looks.  The R2 is pretty basic, since there is no third leg, but the deco is nice, and I really dig the sounds as well.  Cool toy.  I feel that the Yoda is the best we have seen so far.  I'm not sure how the VOTC one will be in person (looks pretty good online), but I think they did a pretty nice job on this one as well.  I still think some improvement can be made on the facial sculpt of their Yoda figures, but comparing it to the POTF2 versions, it looks pretty good..and the scale of the figure is much better.  He's quite wee, as he should be.  The display bases with this wave are pretty cool too.  Again, the figures aren't necessarily "perfect", but are actually quite good I think.  Although I am more excited about the VOTC line in general, the new OTC offerings aren't bad either...and really make you think about whether or not that $10 pricetag is right with the VOTC (although sculpt, articulation is superior on those figures).  Anyways, pretty cool wave, just rambling on..... ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Dagobah Luke
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2004, 11:38 AM »
For those of you who have picked up the Dagobah Luke, how do you display this figure?  Do you have him in his handstand, wearing the backpack w/Yoda, did you buy extras to do both?  I have two of this figure, but have left one of them carded, just because he is in the handstand pose and it looks kind of neat on the card.  Currently I have Luke holding his backpack (without Yoda though right now), the one I have opened the stand is a bit warped right now, so he doesn't hold the handstand real well (or straight if he does).  Anyways, just wondering how some of you have chosen to pose this figure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2004, 01:45 PM »
I am one of the dorks who will end up with FOUR Dagobah Lukes:

"BackPack" Luke - loose (displayed with OTC Dagobah R2 and OTC Dagobah Yoda in the pack)
"Handstanding" Luke - loose (will be displayed with Saga X-Wing Dagobah R2 and vOTC Yoda)
"Backpack" Luke - carded MOMC
"Handstanding" Luke - carded MOMC

So, I guess my answer is I bought an extra so I could have him posed BOTH ways.

;)

Jeff

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2004, 07:11 PM »
yeah, you can put me in that club as well... i've got three so far, still trying to find a carded handstand variation.  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2004, 09:48 AM »
This is me:

"BackPack" Luke - loose (displayed with OTC Dagobah R2 and OTC Dagobah Yoda in the pack)
"Handstanding" Luke - loose (will be displayed with Saga X-Wing Dagobah R2 and vOTC Yoda)

Although I might open another OTC R2 Dagobah for the second scene