Author Topic: Wow - Modern eBay Auctions  (Read 11885 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Wow - Modern eBay Auctions
« on: June 7, 2020, 02:37 PM »
I was just looking around eBay to see if I could find any production samples of cancelled Hasbro 3.75" items and stumbled across completed auctions for comic pack figures.  Some of these are selling for $150 to $300 for a pair of figures and I started thinking we should have a modern version of this thread that we have in the Vintage section.

Like... $300 for KASHYYYK TROOPER + COMMANDER BOGEY Republic Comic Pack STAR WARS Legacy 3.75in.

$270 for Exar Kun

$180 for Rohlan Dyre and Jararel

$250 for Deliah Blue and Darth Nihl

Like... when did this become a $330 pile of figures?!

I know these might be outliers because I was narrowing my search by highest price sold to find expensive items, but I had no idea some of this stuff sells for this kind of money.  I always figured my collection was worth $5 to $10-ish per figure on average, now I'm not so sure...

If you see crazy 1995-present auctions, post them here!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 03:24 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Wow - Modern eBay Auctions
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2020, 06:12 PM »
Wow.  And to think I opened mine.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2020, 06:36 PM »
This was during the time when I couldn’t open anything due to lack of space.

I’ve got shelving for stuff now but just can’t bring myself to open it. 

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2020, 07:00 PM »
That's funny...I was looking around eBay too and found the Legacy Solo twins loose going for close to a hundred bucks apiece. Made me think about selling mine...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2020, 09:40 PM »
Remember getting almost all this crap on clearance?  I just sold a Kmart BWing...  it’ll buy me groceries for a couple weeks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2020, 10:18 PM »

The auctions I linked to were all for loose figures.  :-*

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: June 8, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Were most of those comic figures listed from that EE exclusive wave? I remember hearing those were a pretty low production run.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 8, 2020, 10:34 AM »
I think these increases in secondary market prices correlate to the way the 3.75” figure line has diminished in the past year plus.  There’s definitely a demand that doesn’t seem to be getting fulfilled by Hasbro.  So people are looking to past releases. 

The TVC line seems to be a focal point for a lot of this attention.  But it also seems to be carrying over to a lot of the figure lines released between 2007 and 2013.  That truly was a great time to be a collector in the Star Wars 3.75” figure system. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: June 8, 2020, 11:52 AM »

The auctions I linked to were all for loose figures.  :-*

And played with posed them.   ;D

The TVC line seems to be a focal point for a lot of this attention.  But it also seems to be carrying over to a lot of the figure lines released between 2007 and 2013.  That truly was a great time to be a collector in the Star Wars 3.75” figure system.

Those were good times to be a collector.  And to think for most of that there was no upcoming movie and the only new Star Wars was a cartoon that was pretty mediocre in the beginning.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2020, 11:54 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2020, 02:40 PM »
That's funny...I was looking around eBay too and found the Legacy Solo twins loose going for close to a hundred bucks apiece. Made me think about selling mine...

Yowza.  I guess maybe I need to dig some of these out and consider putting them up for auction too.  That's some serious cash.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 8, 2020, 06:27 PM »
The TRU Speeder bikes are going for $60 plus now. It's crazy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 9, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Part of me has been wondering if this is a deliberate reset period that Hasbro is engaging in.  Did the powers that be at Hasbro realize that they made such significant missteps with the TFA, Rogue One, TLJ and Solo lines that they decided to try to artificially create demand?  Because it seems like they might be doing just that.  For The Rise of Skywalker, so far there have been only 10 Black Series figures and about 7 TVC figures.  Something definitely seems to be up.

There seems to be a whole lot more demand, especially for 3.75" super articulated figures, than I can recall seeing a year or so ago.  And if you're in some of the TVC groups on Facebook?  OMG, it's nuts.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 9, 2020, 03:45 PM »
For The Rise of Skywalker, so far there have been only 10 Black Series figures and about 7 TVC figures. 

There seems to be a whole lot more demand, especially for 3.75" super articulated figures, than I can recall seeing a year or so ago.  And if you're in some of the TVC groups on Facebook?  OMG, it's nuts.

I watched TROS on DVD the other day and was mentally cataloging some of the cool, unmade stuff that Hasbro could reasonably put out in an under $50 package.  Pasaana speeders, Treadspeeder, Ochi's ship (scaled down could maybe be $50), and bunches of cool figures.   They need to bring back Battle Packs and have them themed around the Pasaana festival, Pasaana speeder chase, Rebel home base, Endor moon stormtrooper deserters.  So many good possibilities.  Put four 5POA figures together and charge $45 for them.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 9, 2020, 05:41 PM »
For The Rise of Skywalker, so far there have been only 10 Black Series figures and about 7 TVC figures. 

I watched TROS on DVD the other day and was mentally cataloging some of the cool, unmade stuff that Hasbro could reasonably put out in an under $50 package.  Pasaana speeders, Treadspeeder, Ochi's ship (scaled down could maybe be $50), and bunches of cool figures.   They need to bring back Battle Packs and have them themed around the Pasaana festival, Pasaana speeder chase, Rebel home base, Endor moon stormtrooper deserters.  So many good possibilities.  Put four 5POA figures together and charge $45 for them.

The level of 3.75 output for TROS is criminal.

There's probably a better thread for this, but if they made Palpatine in his contraption and included that Sith Throne, they could take all my money.  Hell, do another pack with a few royal guards, and a Ben and Rey...

Beyond all the cool vehicles they could make, just a regular line of basic figures could include:
General Pride
Lando in his first outfit
Ben
Kylo Ren with his busted up glued together Mask
Poe
Finn
Rose
Leia
Ghost Luke
Flashback Luke, Flashback Leia
Palpatine on his crane thing...
Babu
Threepio
Wedge
Royal Guard
Evil Rey
The rest of the Knights of Ren
Boolio
Ochi of Bestoon
Klaud
Jannah
Rey's Parents
« Last Edit: June 9, 2020, 05:44 PM by Rob »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 9, 2020, 06:39 PM »
There's probably a better thread for this,

Scott needs to make a comeback and do some of his Top Tens again (Of course, I could do a shameless plug for Yakface's Top Ten for TRoS, which is currently running).
« Last Edit: June 9, 2020, 06:40 PM by P-Siddy »