Author Topic: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset  (Read 9045 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 11:12 AM »
It is the pit platform. There  are pictures showing two sets making a whole platform.

Where'd you see those?  I'd be curious to see what that looks like.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 11:13 AM »
The orange panels kind of look like they might be translucent... we can hope!

Now I'm realizing how much of the chamber I do not have memorized. This dude has gone crazy with visualizing all the background details.
https://polycount.com/discussion/152273/carbon-freezing-chamber

Macklunkey!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 03:35 PM »
It is the pit platform. There  are pictures showing two sets making a whole platform.

Where'd you see those?  I'd be curious to see what that looks like.

Here you go!
https://www.superherohype.com/geek-culture/482855-star-wars-carbon-freeze-playset-and-baby-yoda-bop-it-join-hasbros-ranks
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 05:58 PM »
Thanks for posting.

It looks a lot cooler like that, although it looks kind of enormous when doubled up.  I ordered 2, I can decide what to do about it later.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 07:33 PM »
I ordered 2 as well. Have no idea where I can display it.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 03:41 AM »
Easy peasy order on these today...  lot of complaining about it on social media.

We went from pining away for glorified stands to bastardizing them apparently haha.  I love this...  ever since Jayson at Yakface rumored these, this is pretty much what I hoped for when thinking how it would compare to the JP set.  They weren’t going to give anything too big and elaborate...  Jabba’s was pretty simple when you break it down to part count and deco...  looking the Bespin Freeze Chamber over closely, there is a lot of detail to it, but it’s fairly monochromatic. 

Would I love the claw?  Sure, but the claw is part of an all ceiling gizmo and the gantry is completely separate...  them rigging up some half assed way to attach a whole other thing to the platform (which shouldn’t be there) would ruin its aesthetic, and realism.  I’m fine with figuring out a way to do the claw myself ultimately.  The platform is the scene, and Hasbro have said they did some things so customers can light it if they want (like how they did with the JP too), and I dig that stuff.  My only meh is I think an Ugnaught or Bespin guard would’ve been good ways to get a cardback out for a fairly dull repack to complete the 92 for the people that give a flip about those cardbacks being out in some way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 07:59 AM »
As always nicely put Jesse
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Agreed Jesse. There's only so much that can be done at a certain price point.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 02:29 PM »
Thank you guys. 

I had a dude reply to me today this should be $25...  people keep posting arbitrary numbers like they have something backing it beyond “that’s what I have in me right now” or something.  NOTHING is $25.  Even the Probot was $20!  I would say a speederbike rerelease today would cost $30 (Minimum) if I were a betting man.

It’s a $13 figure and a $37 pile of plastic parts that make ultimately a big glorified stand to display a lot of figures...  it’s cool to me.

People are praising the potj Bespin chamber!  What bizarro world **** is that?!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 02:33 PM »
I sometimes wish I had never opened my POTJ set as it "seemed cooler" in the box.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2020, 05:03 PM »
It’s a $13 figure and a $37 pile of plastic parts that make ultimately a big glorified stand to display a lot of figures...  it’s cool to me.

Don't forget about the Carbonite block... That might knock it down to $30 for the playset.

And if you're upset about an extra Carbonite block, customize it into a thawing block.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2020, 09:05 PM »
I’m hell bent on lighting one.  Absolutely hell bent on it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2020, 11:45 PM »
I’m hell bent on lighting one.  Absolutely hell bent on it!

I have a bunch did orange Christmas lights tied up under my old POTJ one... they make little LED’s on wires with battery packs that would make it so much easier this time.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 12:56 AM »

Here you go!
https://www.superherohype.com/geek-culture/482855-star-wars-carbon-freeze-playset-and-baby-yoda-bop-it-join-hasbros-ranks

I know it's just stairs and a circular stage on stilts, but for me it went from nice to pretty awesome with the two sets mated. Thanks for the link.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 04:49 AM »
I’m talking the Carbo block itself, I wanna light one of those haha.  Though I will light the playset too.  Jabbas looks awesome with some simple white lighting through the vents so I def want to use what Hasbro gave us on the Bespin flooring to get that awesome orange glow.