Author Topic: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset  (Read 9034 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 10:27 AM »
I’m talking the Carbo block itself, I wanna light one of those haha.  Though I will light the playset too.  Jabbas looks awesome with some simple white lighting through the vents so I def want to use what Hasbro gave us on the Bespin flooring to get that awesome orange glow.

Well, you light the carbon block for your Jabba’s palace scene, not for your freezing chamber scene. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 12:20 AM »
I light them for all...  or Lando can’t tell if he’s in perfect hibernation.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 12:23 AM »
I guess one of the clickbait YouTube toy people posted how there’s a playmobil ghostbusters set he feels is evidence Hasbro could’ve given more here...  now it’s all the arguments against this set for some dudes and I have tried to explain how comparing playmobil as a company to Hasbro is like comparing Lego to Hasbro and why it’s not a really valid argument to make... they won’t even read what I link, which is just corporate structure stuff about playmobil.  It’s not war and peace or anything. 🤦‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 06:47 PM »
I ordered 2 of these from GameStop today:  Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Carbon-Freezing Chamber The Vintage Collection Playset during the BOGO half off sale.  It's running through midnight tonight, and you get free shipping.  It cost me a little over $75 for both.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49 PM »
I ordered 2 of these from GameStop today:  Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Carbon-Freezing Chamber The Vintage Collection Playset during the BOGO half off sale.  It's running through midnight tonight, and you get free shipping.  It cost me a little over $75 for both.

Awesome. Thanks!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 02:09 PM »
Got my case of these from Gamestop today... they look great, and $85 shipped for the pair seems solid.

Unfortunately they're staying in the boxes for now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2020, 01:10 PM »
Got mine in too. 

It's definitely a little fragile - the steps don't lock on and connecting the two half circles is fine but they don't lock in place together.   Good display, but as a playset not so much.  I do like it a lot.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Mine are on the way!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Amazon shipping notice. When it rains it pours
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2020, 04:26 PM »
Amazon shipping notice. When it rains it pours

In the last two weeks or so  I've gotten shipping notices for FOUR Gentle Giant mini-busts, 4 Pulse packages, the Best Buy Saga 5-Packs... with the Arc Troopers 3 Pack shipping any time now... it's like everything cleared customs at the exact same time.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: November 2, 2020, 02:12 AM »
I believe my Pulse freeze chambers are finally processing.  That’ll be nice.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 2, 2020, 07:16 AM »
I was in a Best Buy store the other day and saw a couple of these sets.  Nice to know that they can actually show up and brick & mortar retail!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: November 4, 2020, 10:54 PM »
These came in today and the overall product is really nice.  It’s a huge display even cut in half.  The levels to it make it a really nice thing to display on a long shelf with many figures around it.  I like that it works well as more than just a “backdrop”.

Having it in hand I can see where the tooling for this would’ve been pretty big for some of the pieces, and pretty complex in other parts (the thin plastic piping would be incredibly hard to do injection Molds for that alone).

The base plate pieces are pretty sizable chunks of plastic though, and that means pretty sizable molds. Plus under them both is another sizable molded piece of orange plastic.  It’s definitely not as simple as people were complaining.  It is a bit monochromatic, but in person you see the variation, and it’s not exactly inaccurate to the scene so it is what it is.

I threw a harbor freight puck light under mine and the orange glow is fantastic.  I like that Hasbro is intentionally leaving these displays with customizing in mind for the consumer.  It’s that kind of forward thinking that isn’t getting much praise and should be.

Does it suck buying two to make it whole?  Sure I suppose, but I can see this and not bat an eye at $50 for it.

I wish the figure were an ugnaught for the cardback or a Bespin Guard variant, but I also know why there’s no new tooling here and why an army builder is a more safe choice for Hasbro. 

There have been pretty vehement complaints about this...  largely from guys who think figures should still be $9.99 at most and who think ships are now all overpriced...  for me though, I don’t regret spending $100 on this.  It’s going to take an entire shelf itself, and it’s going to make one hell of an impressive and to-scale display.  Yeah Vanth, it’s to scale.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #43 on: November 5, 2020, 08:13 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. I actually plan to build a shadowbox shelf...thing for it specifically, and build the top part and customize the bottom area before running lights through the whole thing.

Jesse, do you have an example of the light you're using?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #44 on: November 5, 2020, 09:50 AM »

I wish the figure were an ugnaught for the cardback or a Bespin Guard variant, but I also know why there’s no new tooling here and why an army builder is a more safe choice for Hasbro. 

It could have been a repack of the David Duchovny Bespin guard we got with the last Carbon Freeze chamber.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.