Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416017 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1335 on: July 14, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Since when is Apocalypse as big as Galactus?
Iron Fist looks awesome, but i am not feeling Apocalypse as a build-a-figre. I would have prefered a new character we have not gotten yet.

Yeah, that covers it for me.  I didn't think they did a bad job with Apoc the first time around, he's pretty big for the line.  Sentinel and Galactus = huge, ok by me.  I'll not be in a hurry to build this one. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1336 on: July 16, 2005, 01:26 AM »
After seeing the pics, I confirm my disinterest in a big Apocalypse. 

What is this behind Wonderman's arm?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1337 on: July 16, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Thats Yellow Jacket  ;D

The green Goblin they showed looks awesome. The maskless version is the chase for the Villians Wave which will be 13.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1338 on: July 16, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Really :o  Huh, thanks.

Villains wave eh?  I like the GG from the S6 boxset, but a villains wave sounds mighty cool.

Anyone picking up the new color for the Juggernaut?  I'll be able to pass on that one happily, I never saw that version in any comic I read.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1339 on: July 16, 2005, 12:22 PM »
If i see it, and have extra money i may pick it up, but i more excited i may have a chance to pick up a dark phoenix.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1340 on: July 16, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Please clarify:

This is the regular assortment now?  The packs are evenly distributed so red Phoenix and phasing Vision/GR are "regular" figures in this series??  If so I'd love to have a phasing Vision. 

Does anyone here need a no mask Wolverine from series 6 or a doombot? 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1341 on: July 17, 2005, 07:57 AM »
I believe these cases will be shipped to Walmart and include tose figures.

Jesse Falcon confirmed they are going to be doing an newe animated FF wave as well as a Ultimate / Classics series that will be shown at toy fair.

I hope its heavy on the classic figures and not ultimate stuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1342 on: July 19, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Just looking through the coverage/pics today, it looks like Wave 13 of ML will indeed be a "villains" wave, and they did show a preview of one figures from that wave at Comic-Con: Classic Green Goblin/Norman Osborne.  You can check out a few pics of it at Julius Marx's site HERE.  I've always been looking forward to a single carded Goblin (normal style), and haven't shelled out for the Sinister Six pack, so hopefully this one will turn out nicely.  I would have been ok if they single carded the S6 pack one in the Spidey Classics line too, but maybe this one will be better.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1343 on: July 19, 2005, 02:07 PM »
I really like the S6 Goblin and am very pleased with it.  Having Black Cat and Electro in the box made it worthwhile though.  Actually I think that's the Venom I decided to keep as well and it was the only Kraven I picked up (delaying interminably paid off for once).  I do think the new Goblin looks cool though, but I doubt I'll worry too much about it. 

All I can say is there better be a Kingpin in wave 13 >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1344 on: July 19, 2005, 02:13 PM »
All I can say is there better be a Kingpin in wave 13

No doubt.  I agree totally.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1345 on: July 19, 2005, 02:49 PM »
All I can say is there better be a Kingpin in wave 13

No doubt.  I agree totally.

I agree with that one.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1346 on: July 19, 2005, 04:29 PM »
I really like the S6 Goblin and am very pleased with it.  Having Black Cat and Electro in the box made it worthwhile though.  Actually I think that's the Venom I decided to keep as well and it was the only Kraven I picked up (delaying interminably paid off for once).  I do think the new Goblin looks cool though, but I doubt I'll worry too much about it. 

All I can say is there better be a Kingpin in wave 13 >:(

Agreed.  S6 Goblin is good enough for me.  I only hope there's no build a figure in this wave.

And if Kingpin isn't in wave 13, we're never going to see him.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1347 on: July 19, 2005, 04:44 PM »
I think he'll be there.  The only other possibility is if they're holding him for an upcoming Spiderman Classics line.  I'd guess he fits equally well in both lines, but I remember him predominantly from Spidey and Daredevil. 

I have to say, the build an Apocalpse idea holds no appeal to me.  I like the version they released and think it's scaled reasonably.  He should be big (as the figure is) but the same size as a Sentinel??  Not in my books.  Relieves a lot of pressure from this line.  I'll build my Sentinel and then ease off through the next couple of series getting only what I really want.  Build-an-Apoc is a relief to me. 

In other news that makes you bang your head against a wall.... I was in North Dakota last week and Target had a full case of ML 9 out.  They were just under $3 a piece.  I could have built another Galactus for under $20 total.  Dumbass left it there though.  If only for ebay purposes I could have bought the darn stuff, sold the figures off for $15 for the entire set and probably either sold Galactus for $60+ or started my Galactanian army building empire.  Moron.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1348 on: July 19, 2005, 05:30 PM »
While I can see Kingpin in SMC, I really hope he's in a ML wave.  More detailed and no funky accessories.

The Galactus and Sentinal waves I lucked out on - only two figures out of both series I really didn't (or don't) want - Hulk and Spidey (and I'm hoping Brian takes me up on my offer for Spidey.  I keep the Sentinal piece and he can have Spidey.  What say you, Brian?).  I don't recall who the figures are for Apoc BaF wave, but if I don't get a complete Apoc, no big deal.  I'm sure I can sell off the pieces to someone who does want an overscaled X-men villian.  If by chance, I do want all of that wave's figures, the Apoc didn't cost me anything extra and again, I'm sure I can rid of it if I decide I don't want it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1349 on: July 19, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Its true Kingpin fits in eithe rline, but liek said i would prefer him in ML. He wont have a stupid action feature and probably just end up being better.