Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415987 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1395 on: August 11, 2005, 05:15 PM »
I thought I remember reading somewhere starting with Thanos, the scale was changing and the Select would be for characters you wouldn't ever see in the Legends line (like Thanos and The Watcher)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 05:16 PM by Scott »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1396 on: August 11, 2005, 06:25 PM »
I thought I remember reading somewhere starting with Thanos, the scale was changing and the Select would be for characters you wouldn't ever see in the Legends line (like Thanos and The Watcher)

I heard that as well. I really cant wait for Thanos & Death, Watcher, and Spider-Woman.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1397 on: August 11, 2005, 09:12 PM »
That's awesome to hear that the scale is changing for Select. Hopefully they do an Apocalypse, since the Legends versions are either too tall or too fat.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1398 on: August 12, 2005, 12:37 AM »

I've got a pic that has the new Wolvie and Thanos.  They all look awesome!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1399 on: August 12, 2005, 11:17 AM »
The Winner of this Years Grinch Who Stole Christmas/Hulk Movie Award for Pegwarming Line of the 2005 is....

Each store I go to has the same pegs full of these figures...except Sue of course. I have no idea how Series 3 will ever get out.  Toy Biz can be such idiots sometimes

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1400 on: August 12, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Any line that includes bump'n'go is destined to peg warm.  Nobody buys those.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1401 on: August 12, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Yeah, the bump and go things are really mind boggling...they are all over the place, and pegwarmtastic whenever they include them in a line.  The Fantastic Four stuff was selling pretty good here for awhile (specifically around release time), and I have seen some kids in the last couple of weeks heading to checkout with a figure...but they're starting to pegwarm here too.  No Sues either, of course, and no Dooms in the United States at all from what I've heard.  It just seems insane that they don't have at least one Doom version out there by now, the movie is going to be out of theatres here before too long.  I really don't get why ToyBiz consistently does this with the villain figures from their movie lines.  I know even when I was a kid, you wanted the "bad guy" for your "good guys" to fight against, and I think they would all sell pretty well.

Speaking of pegwarming, not that I really dig through the pegs of this line, but there seems to be TONS of Batman Begins stuff hanging about around here.  Batmobiles stacked high as well.  I guess that is for another thread though, but just an observation.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1402 on: August 12, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Yeah...Batman is a close second to the FF as far as pegwarming.  The other thing I don't understand is the pegs and pegs of Spider-Man II figures I see at TRU.  Especially with the Classics line still out there.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1403 on: August 12, 2005, 11:52 AM »
The other thing I don't understand is the pegs and pegs of Spider-Man II figures I see at TRU.  Especially with the Classics line still out there.

That's something I've been kind of suprised with as well.  I noticed they still have a few pegs of them at Target as well (for like $7+), and Wal-Mart might as well, but I'm not sure.  I think they might have finally gotten rid of those.  Pretty good to still see movie figures on the pegs well over a year after, I wonder if they still sell now and then?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1404 on: August 12, 2005, 11:58 AM »
The spiderman classics continue to sell here, though slowly.  New waves move pretty quick, as do villains (duh) but some of the stupider pieces sit for months on end. 

This is the most baffling of things though.  I understand the movie hype appeal and a fair bit of product sells initially.  But both Batman and the FF died quickly with material sitting ad nauseum.  Not so with Star Wars - it sold remarkably well - in high volumes, quickly and all figures with virtually no peg warming (Mon Mothma excepted).  Yet I can't find the stuff in stores >:(

Is it just me or do the manufacturers not really understand that kids that actually want action figures have imaginations?  For them to work with said imagination it needs a variety of figures, most importantly villains.  For them to work with said imagination they do not need bump'n'go or some other equally lame action feature. 

Parents and grandparents are attracted to the action features and moving toys, not the kids.  If the kid wants something that moves, invariably they are looking for something radio controlled, not some lame thing that they'll tire of within mere minutes. 

Geez, it's Friday but I'm still crusty.  Must be the cooler nights.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1405 on: August 15, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Man did I want to buy the Super Hero Showdown Spidey/Thing and Wolvie/Hulk two packs today.  $15 a piece though...too much to swallow :-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1406 on: August 15, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Yeah, I picked up the Spidey/Thing pack a couple of weeks ago, and they really are pretty nice figures.  I just don't know that I'll be picking up anymore, the $8 per figure price is just too steep.  If they wouldn't have had the 6" Legends first, these would have been a lot better for space/display purposes though ;).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1407 on: August 17, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I saw it posted on the Fwooshnet forums.  This is from the latest November previews catalog:

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES 12 ACTION FIGURES
The fan-favorite series continues. In this assortment, each figure will come with a piece
of the arch villain Apocalypse! This series is scheduled to include Astonishing X-Men
Wolverine, "Maestro" Hulk, Bishop, X-23, Iron Fist, and Sasquach. Scheduled to ship in
January 2006. (49/71165) (CAUT: 3 & 4) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case
lots. Please check with your retailer for availability. NOTE: Available only in the United
States, Canada, and U.S. Territories.
Figure SRP: $11.50Ea.

SPIDER-MAN CLASSIC SERIES 16 ACTION FIGURES
Continuing the hit series of 6" figures based on the adventures of everyone's favorite non-
mutant superhero. Scheduled to include: Spider-strength Spider-Man, Shark Trap
Spider-Man, Spider Tracer Spider-Man, Venom, and Manwolf. Scheduled to ship in
January 2006. (49/72180) (CAUT: 3 & 4) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case
lots. Please check with your retailer for availability. NOTE: Available only in the United
States, Canada, and U.S. Territories.
Figure SRP: $11.50Ea.

It looks like another report of that lineup for ML12, so I'm thinking it is fairly accurate.  Nothing overly exciting to me there.  Spidey classics gets another villain - Manwolf.  Ok I guess, but there's others I'd rather see first.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1408 on: August 17, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Venom.  Again?  Before Kingpin >:( >:( >:(

Series 12 is mostly a miss.

Manwolf I'll pick up.  It was one of my favorite issues of Amazing Spiderman early on.  I read the story hundreds of times.  Sure hope it's accurate to the old version (I'm sure there's a new version, or are we seeing hype for the Spiderman 3 movie?).

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1409 on: August 17, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Venom.  Again?  Before Kingpin >:( >:( >:(

Series 12 is mostly a miss.

Manwolf I'll pick up.  It was one of my favorite issues of Amazing Spiderman early on.  I read the story hundreds of times.  Sure hope it's accurate to the old version (I'm sure there's a new version, or are we seeing hype for the Spiderman 3 movie?).

We love Venom.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...