Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 339567 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #435 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Scored 2x of the Kit Fisto JSF and a MIB set of the Malevolance (sp?) 2-packs this morning.

I was at my local Target to get a price adjustment on the Geo 2-packs and my store's endcap is still chock full of everything except the Defense of Hoth BP. Everything is there in good numbers.

May even stop by there on the way home to grab the CW R2 and Kit Fisto figs that were there to man his JSF.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Finally found a Target that had completed their endcap reset, and saw the exclusive BP's on the shelves for the first time. They had 4 of each, and I was just able to find one minty package of the Robonino set, which I promptly snagged.

Not sure about keeping one just for openers, will probably return my original which was slightly dinged.

However, I am now totally and completely 100% caught up every which way.  ;D

No more runs for me!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 3, 2010, 11:06 AM »
After a completely unsuccessful toy blitz yesterday, I struck gold this morning at the local TRU, thanks to a little brashness and height.

The closest TRU got their truck late last night, so I was hoping to see new stuff out today, namely the newest TCW vehicle wave and the latest deluxe sets. When I saw nothing on the pegs today though, I was bummed but not surprised - they have taken down the front display for Toy Story 3, so the amount of space for SW merch has effectively been cut in half.

I did notice though, that they had several boxes on top of the aisles marked Starfighter W3R1, hmmm. That sounded promising, so I looked around for any helpful employees and finding none, decided to take matters into my own hands. Luckily at 6'4" I can actually reach that high, so I pulled down a box and cracked it open right there in the aisle. BINGO - Xanadu Blood and Plo Koon's Starfighter (packed with the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car) FTW!

The Koon fighter was dinged in the front slightly, those dioramas seem to get mussed rather easily, so I actually had to pull down another full case and crack those open to score the minty one I needed.

So I got both, and then when I get online I read about those 20% off coupons circulating - D'Oh! I see a price adjustment in my future.

No idea where they are hiding those new deluxe sets...yet.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 4, 2010, 12:38 PM »
No sign of the two new vehicles in my neck of the woods - but we did a case of the new deluxe figures in at TRU this morning, so I was able to grab the Cold Weather Clone w/Freco Speeder and Tactical Droid w/Scout Tank.

I also picked up an opener of the Swamp Speeder, so now I'm all set with the second wave of vehicles. I'm kinda surprised that the third wave is hitting so soon.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #439 on: November 4, 2010, 12:57 PM »
I ordered the Embo wave from HTS and it shipped yesterday, so for those of you looking for those... also last time I looked HTS has the Freeco Speeder w/ Clone in stock.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 4, 2010, 01:02 PM »
No sign of the two new vehicles in my neck of the woods - but we did a case of the new deluxe figures in at TRU this morning, so I was able to grab the Cold Weather Clone w/Freco Speeder and Tactical Droid w/Scout Tank.

Hey Pete - did they have the AT-RT w/Boil and BARC w/Jesse too? Or just those two you mentioned? I assumed they were all shipping in the same case but maybe not.

Our TRU restocks again tomorrow, so I am hopeful on these. The biggest issue around here is that none of the stores even have space for new Deluxe sets, they are still jammed with too many of the old ones.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 4, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I ordered the Embo wave from HTS and it shipped yesterday, so for those of you looking for those... also last time I looked HTS has the Freeco Speeder w/ Clone in stock.

I had all 5 in my cart ready to purchase and when I just went back in to pull the trigger, 4 of the 5 were already out of stock. WTF?

If they had just said, "Hey, they'll ship this week" I would have bought them on the spot earlier this week when they first went up. But that Nov 22 date they kept throwing out was a real turn-off. So I wound up playing myself...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #442 on: November 4, 2010, 01:40 PM »
did they have the AT-RT w/Boil and BARC w/Jesse too? Or just those two you mentioned? I assumed they were all shipping in the same case but maybe not.

There are a couple CW DLX cases shipping right now...
- One case has: Mando/Bike, SidecarBARC/Obi-Wan, Freeco/Clone, and AST/TacticalDroid
- Another case has: camoAT-RT/Boil, SidecarBARC/Obi-Wan, Freeco/Clone, and AST/TacticalDroid

The next box to ship (late Nov/early Dec) will have...
- camoAT-RT/Boil, SidecarBARC/Obi-Wan, Freeco/Clone, and BARC/Jesse

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 4, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Hey Pete - did they have the AT-RT w/Boil and BARC w/Jesse too? Or just those two you mentioned? I assumed they were all shipping in the same case but maybe not.

Unfortunately, no.

Since there were four sets right on the shelf and the other two sets were the Mando Bike and Sidecar Bike w/Obi-Wan, I'm assuming that the case was this one that Jeff mentions:

One case has: Mando/Bike, SidecarBARC/Obi-Wan, Freeco/Clone, and AST/TacticalDroid

I have yet to really have any trouble with any of these sets, so hopefully the AT-RT repaint w/Boil and the BARC Speeder with Clonetrooper Jesse will both be easy to come by.
Peter

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #444 on: November 4, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Me, too since I'm looking forward to Boil.  The deluxe line has been a lot more interesting this year.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 7, 2010, 01:17 PM »
A rare Sunday score...picked up the same two TCW Deluxe sets Pete mentioned above courtesy of TRU. (Tactical Droid/Cold Weather Clone) They also had the Obi-Wan and Mando sets, so must have been the same case assortment Jeff described.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #446 on: November 7, 2010, 09:07 PM »
I found AT-RT w/ Boil, Freeco speeder w/ Snow Clone and the mini-tank w/ TX Droid at a not-so-close TRU on my way into NYC today for the marathon.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2010, 01:49 AM »
Scored Shaak Ti and Pre Viszla. I had bought the lone Viszla and left the store for 30 minutes, and returned to find a fresh case of the Embo wave, from which I selected Shaak Ti.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Scored Shaak Ti and Pre Viszla. I had bought the lone Viszla and left the store for 30 minutes, and returned to find a fresh case of the Embo wave, from which I selected Shaak Ti.

Mind giving us the store?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Mind giving us the store?

I think he said in another thread that it was a Target.

Really stoked to find this wave sometime soon. Going to be a challenge though, because there is not much room for new product at most of the stores around here...