Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 5  (Read 26793 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 5
« Reply #30 on: September 9, 2016, 09:19 PM »
Ackbar n Lando were at 5Below in some bulk but I don't recall seeing a ton of either in stores otherwise.  Some but not pegwarming status...  Yeah those other two, tougher gets.  I forget what else was in that wave besides CW Kenobi which is pretty slick imo. 

I know people love that ERG and I did too, but there is always a spot on my shelves for the ROTs guards too.  Good figures in their own right.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 9, 2016, 11:42 PM »
I ordered two cases of the online only wave, the second case solely to get a second Royal Guard. I ended up selling the extra Ahsoka to McMetal, popped it in a bubble mailer and it apparently got crushed in transit to him. Always felt bad about that one so I'm glad he has a chance to get a MOC one (or for me to make that one up to him).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 09:17 AM »
I bought a case, sold off the ones I didn't want and was able to get 5 more ERGs off amazon when they were offered at a nice low price.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 02:15 PM »
I ordered two cases of the online only wave, the second case solely to get a second Royal Guard. I ended up selling the extra Ahsoka to McMetal, popped it in a bubble mailer and it apparently got crushed in transit to him. Always felt bad about that one so I'm glad he has a chance to get a MOC one (or for me to make that one up to him).

Wow, I had almost forgot about that! No worries, I got another one today.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Just found this wave on the pegs, so I grabbed 2 Royal Guards and a Finn. At the register the Finn scanned but not the Royal Guards, I played dumb and the employee called a manager over. The manager said "either these have been recalled OR, they arent supposed to be out yet, I better go make sure they havent put stuff out". So at least this manager was competent or not a liar (as it seems like the standard manager response is to lie...).
I am not the Stig

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 1, 2016, 11:02 PM »
Shocked shocked, I tells ya, to find this wave. 3 Ackbars and 3 Landos.    :(

Seems like Ackbar's spots are darker. But I dunno.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 2, 2016, 02:39 PM »
As I guessed, none of my Walmarts had these on the shelves when they were supposed to. They were all sold beforehand despite their being barred from sale before 9/30 or 10/2 depending on whom you believe.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: October 2, 2016, 08:33 PM »
I heard rumors of people taking these figures and one that was already supposed to be out, going to the self checkout lines and scanning the one that was supposed to be out repeatedly, while bagging the new figures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 2, 2016, 08:34 PM »
As I guessed, none of my Walmarts had these on the shelves when they were supposed to. They were all sold beforehand despite their being barred from sale before 9/30 or 10/2 depending on whom you believe.

How do you know they were sold?  I don't think a few of the WM's near me have gotten theirs yet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 2, 2016, 08:41 PM »
The store where I found this wave a few days before Force Friday had NO SIGN of this wave after FF.  And the SW sections were terribly organized, too.  I think that there was an over-correction at these Walmarts that broke the street dates.  And when they did put stuff out?  It seemed like an afterthought.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 2, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Aroud me some simply haven't stocked them.  Two on the same highway as the one that did, maybe a half hour between first to last.  I'm chalking it up to some stores not carrying them or not yet.

It's also interesting that the two without had clearanced the old ones as low as $5.  The one that got them didn't clearance tbs 4" at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: October 2, 2016, 10:12 PM »
Dropping these in here in case they go in stock sometime... (we all know how likely that is, right? :P)

- Ackbar
- Ahsoka
- General Lando
- Royal Guard
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 3, 2016, 01:13 AM »
Dropping these in here in case they go in stock sometime... (we all know how likely that is, right? :P)

- Ackbar
- Ahsoka
- General Lando
- Royal Guard

I know this was originally promised a year ago when this line came out, but have any of the waves ever been available online?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 3, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I think either BBTS or Dorkside had them recently for roughly $20 each.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: October 3, 2016, 09:39 AM »
I know this was originally promised a year ago when this line came out, but have any of the waves ever been available online?

Hit or miss.  Wave 1 (Luke/Chewie/Vader) was online right away.  Wave 2 and 3 were put up after a long delay (months after retail release).  Wave 4 (Leia, Han, Phasma) was, but it was secondary sellers at crazy prices. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender