Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199356 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1590 on: November 7, 2008, 12:05 PM »
For those interested, I see that the last DVD pack, "The Best of the 80s", is now available at HTS (and the MDCREW code still works as well).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1591 on: November 7, 2008, 12:24 PM »
For those interested, I see that the last DVD pack, "The Best of the 80s", is now available at HTS (and the MDCREW code still works as well).

Thanks for the heads up!   :)

**SOLD OUT   :(
« Last Edit: November 7, 2008, 12:53 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1592 on: November 7, 2008, 02:28 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!   :)

**SOLD OUT   :(

Kind of surprising, since all the others seem to be in stock there pretty regularly.  I did get an order in, we'll see if it goes through ok or not.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1593 on: November 8, 2008, 10:38 AM »
HTS is ghey. Why can't I buy two Eels and/or two Para Vipers in the same order?  I see the wisdom in limiting purchases somewhat to prevent hoarding and scalping or whatever, but one?!

But enough of my bitching.

Does it appear that Hasbro is still honoring belated Doc orders/submissions?  Because I'm kicking myself right now for not sending mine in in time....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1594 on: November 8, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Found the new comic packs at Kohl's this morning.  Came out to $8.83 a pop.  Not bad.  Quite impressed with all of them for the most part.  Won't go into detail on the used parts.  Another mysterious question though?  What's the hole for on Hard Master's shoulder?  I guess the arrow is for the chest cavitity.  Does SE kill him in the comics?  Scrap Iron's right eye with no paint.  Lots of scars.  What happend to him?
« Last Edit: November 8, 2008, 07:12 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1595 on: November 9, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Does SE kill him in the comics?

No, it was long thought that Stormshadow was his killer, because at the time of his death he was immitating Snake Eyes during a practice session with S.E. and Stormy was getting a little jealous of his family elders (Hard Master & Soft Master) favoring S.E.  It turns out that it was Zartan who killed the Hard Master (thinking it was Snake Eyes).  That's the jist of it, there is a whole back story about Zartan as a faceless master working for Cobra and so forth, but I degress.....

As for Scrap Iron, he's usually seen with his huge goggles/glasses on.  Never heard of why he has scars.  After all, he is an explosive expert.  Have you ever met a carpenter that wasn't missing a finger or two?   ;D  Dangers that come with the job, I guess.

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 9, 2008, 11:25 AM by J'Quille »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1596 on: November 12, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Jeff #2   :)

Finally got my Wraith today from HTS and it was delivered on 10/27/08 at 8:07am.  I swear I hate this FedEx/usps delivery crap.   ::)

Got around to freeing my Wraith tonight.  Of course it's the regular version.  One has to wonder though what they're doing with all of the chase Wraiths?  I don't see any AFA versions on their site and I'm pretty sure they know what the variants are based on the black Destro/IG comic packs.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:57 PM by iFett »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1597 on: November 13, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Yay!  My second Doc check got cashed yesterday.  Hopefully they don't forget about the one they cashed back in June.  Question - for those of you receiving multiples, are they shipping in one box or each white individual mailer?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1598 on: November 13, 2008, 11:35 AM »
My absolute disgust with how Hasbro has handled the Indy line, along with Target's price this month at $4.99 has convinced me that I am still interested in the new Joe figures.

I picked up General Hawk and the Para-Viper yesterday at Target, and also the two new DVD sets at Wal-Mart, and watched the "Pyramid of Darkness" DVD last night.  Pretty cool, but I forgot how ridiculous it was seeing Snake Eyes and Shipwreck in their "escape" for about half of it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1599 on: November 13, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Scored the Target UBP just now!!   ;D   Had the toy lady run the digits, but there was plenty out on the risers in the LEGO aisle.

087-06-2067

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1600 on: November 13, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Yay!  My second Doc check got cashed yesterday.  Hopefully they don't forget about the one they cashed back in June.  Question - for those of you receiving multiples, are they shipping in one box or each white individual mailer?

Individual boxes...prompting my daughter to quickly ask why I needed so many of the same figure....

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1601 on: November 14, 2008, 01:20 AM »
The 4 Doc figures that I ordered came a couple days ago and they were all in individual boxes.  Plus they're the new version with the fixed lower arm articulation. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1602 on: November 14, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Still haven't received Doc, nor has my check cleared.  But today I went to Target and got a Wild Bill and a Cobra Bazooka trooper.  I can't decide if I want to buy some of the slightly later ('84-'86) figures like Barbecue and Mutt, which I had as a kid but stand out more now as less military-looking!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1603 on: November 14, 2008, 11:35 PM »
A new Cobra 5-pack.

Great. They fix the Viper's arms and give him a chrome faceplate. For a multipack. Damn.

New GI Joe 5-pack.

But I like this one. Weird.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:37 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1604 on: November 15, 2008, 04:19 AM »
Oh no they dit-unh.

I don't know which feeling is stronger--excitement for the newer, cooler Flint & Shipwreck, or bummed-outedness at fact that they're stuck in a multipack.  The new Flint headsculpt looks like Bruce Campbell, which is enough to get me to buy the whole damn thing anyway:

The Snake Eyes is newish enough, I guess, but I've already got that Hawk and that Lady Jaye.

Dammit.

Same thing on that Cobra set.  I'm glad I haven't dropped for the single carded Zartan yet, but the Baroness and Viper look sweet.  Another hooded Cobra Commander can eat my shorts, though.
"Really?  Sorry."