Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199289 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1680 on: December 5, 2008, 12:37 PM »
One of the funny parts of that BAT pic is that Hasbro said they didn't want to reveal how the Battle Damaged BAT was going to be released in their Q&A recently.

I guess the JOE Only fans/sites are new to the whole Q&A thing they are going through some of the same things we notice YEARS ago with the Star Wars Q&A's like all the sites seem to ask all the same questions, even if it was asked LAST TIME by another site, asking questions repetitively even if Hasbro has said they will not answer it (Playsets anyone?)... I guess they are too myopic to learn from History...

Oh well... I got wave 13 last night, Resolute Duke is pretty cool, BUT his knee pin was not all the way in...some tense moments and a phone consult with Alyosha later and I am proud to say, he is ready to Fight for Freedom...

I have not opened Blowtorch or Firefly yet.

And luckily for Ryan..my Water Moccasin and Sky Hawk will be here at the office today.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1681 on: December 5, 2008, 01:07 PM »
One of the funny parts of that BAT pic is that Hasbro said they didn't want to reveal how the Battle Damaged BAT was going to be released in their Q&A recently.

I was thinking it might be an exclusive based on there answers.  Most of the qna answers this time around were pretty much worthless though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1682 on: December 5, 2008, 02:09 PM »
It doesn't help on the Joe Q&A that they only do them a few times a year rather than on a weekly (now tri-weekly) basis. 

The thing that I've noticed about the Q&A, and this seems to apply to both SW and Joe, is that members of one site will ask questions but not bother to read the responses from the other sites.  Even when a site does a round-up report.  Apparently some of the mods are the same way and that's why the same question will get passed on to Hasbro even a week or two after it's been answered by Hasbro for another site.

Plus there's the "clever factor" where everyone thinks their question (about playsets or the Tonnika sisters, etc.) is just clever enough that it'll trick Hasbro and finally get that magical answer that they want.

Pro tip; clever never works and should not be attempted by run of the mill forum rats.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1683 on: December 5, 2008, 03:14 PM »
And luckily for Ryan..my Water Moccasin and Sky Hawk will be here at the office today.

Whew.  My neighbors were starting to notice the nightly shelling.

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1684 on: December 5, 2008, 05:12 PM »
It doesn't help on the Joe Q&A that they only do them a few times a year rather than on a weekly (now tri-weekly) basis. 

The thing that I've noticed about the Q&A, and this seems to apply to both SW and Joe, is that members of one site will ask questions but not bother to read the responses from the other sites.  Even when a site does a round-up report.  Apparently some of the mods are the same way and that's why the same question will get passed on to Hasbro even a week or two after it's been answered by Hasbro for another site.

Plus there's the "clever factor" where everyone thinks their question (about playsets or the Tonnika sisters, etc.) is just clever enough that it'll trick Hasbro and finally get that magical answer that they want.

Pro tip; clever never works and should not be attempted by run of the mill forum rats.

E...

I never understood that...I am an information Junkie on these Q&A's.  Once one site has theirs up I start hitting all the sites to see if theirs are up yet..or I go to General's Joes.  Of course with the Star Wars ones, I go to the Q&A Compendium here in the forums (and laugh at the aforementioned Playset, Tonnika Sister and Random Cantina Alien Questions).

Whew.  My neighbors were starting to notice the nightly shelling.

Wasn't me........

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1685 on: December 5, 2008, 06:23 PM »
I'm an info junky myself.  I can't wait for new info, at least as far as SW goes, and will run to all the sites for the Q&A answers rather than wait for a round-up report.

I still use the term "collector" but really, as soon as you have more than 3 of something it's a collection.  I prefer hobbyist and consumer.  Probably 90% of the people on a lot of foRumS are consumers, they just buy, buy, buy and don't seem to care about educating themselves beyond what's in the next wave.

The hobbyists are the people writing the blogs, the books, administering the forums, taking photos, submitting the Q&As and generally caring about what's going on beyond the next case of figures stocked at Target.  They're also generally more reasonable people.

I'll let you decide which I consider most of the people on this forum.   ;D

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1686 on: December 6, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Finally saw the Sharc, AWE, Fang/Claw sets for the first time today at retail.  That took awhile.   ::)

Now I'll just have to wait very patiently for the Moccasin & Dragonhawk - unless HTS throws them up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1687 on: December 6, 2008, 03:13 PM »
I was able to catch up on vehicle packs today at Hasbrotoyshop...

Free shipping for orders over $50 and 25% with HOLIDAY25 code

6 vehicles for $76 shipped...not too shabby :)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1688 on: December 6, 2008, 10:26 PM »
I re-bought Snow Job (had him then sold him then got interested again  ::) and also the newer Zartan (love him) and the Cobra Eel (never had this figure but I think it just may be my favorite Cobra trooper overall!)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1689 on: December 6, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I love the Cobra Eel, but his knives don't fit very well in the sheaths.  And the sheaths seem to be asymmetrical with one another.  Not a HUGE deal, but the knives keep falling out--worse than with Torpedo.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1690 on: December 7, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Yep. you're absolutely right about the sheaths; I thought something was wrong with just mine.  The blades themselves look great with the serrated edges and they're pretty thick and durable for such a small accessory though.  I forgot to mention that as I removed his helmet thing one of the tubes broke right off!  Still, despite those things, the costume design and figure execution are just tops I think!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1691 on: December 7, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Got around to opening all of w11 today with the exception of Flint.  Stellar wave for the most part.  Zartan should have come with the clear chest piece and I could care less about his ride.  The Eel freakin rocks with the exception of his sheaths.  He almost rivals the B.A.T. IMO.  Matt Trakker is cool for what he is.  Nice throwback with his backpack, and his helmet seems very close to the Astro Viper.  Scarlett is definately the peg warmer of this wave, but I like her and Airborne is cool as a non Waynes.

Whatever happend to the rumored Rhino vehicle that people were speculating about?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1692 on: December 8, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Just as a general heads up for people (and this could go for other Hasbro lines as well), but I received a Trakker and Eel today via HTS, and it arrived wrapped in one piece of brown paper inside a box.  They were in fine shape, and I'm definitely not a MOC person, but for those who are - beware of orders right now.  Also, strangely enough, it came via FedEx (its always been USPS prior to today).  Anyways, just wanted to pass the info along.  They usually at least toss an air bubble in there with them ;).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1693 on: December 8, 2008, 01:11 PM »
Just as a general heads up for people (and this could go for other Hasbro lines as well), but I received a Trakker and Eel today via HTS, and it arrived wrapped in one piece of brown paper inside a box.  They were in fine shape, and I'm definitely not a MOC person, but for those who are - beware of orders right now.  Also, strangely enough, it came via FedEx (its always been USPS prior to today).  Anyways, just wanted to pass the info along.  They usually at least toss an air bubble in there with them ;).

Mine HTS orders always ship via FedEx/USPS combo crap, but this time it came straight to me from FedEx so thankfully I didn't need to wait an extra week for USPS to get their act together.  My w11 came in a box - with a piece of brown paper as well.  Luckily only one of the cards were damaged.  Planning on dropping the carded stuff for Resolute and any of the movie figs - if I plan on getting any from either line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1694 on: December 8, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Fed Ex is actually affiliated with the USPS and they probably are utilizing each other's help a lot more because the parcel volume is disgustingly insane at this time of year and so there's usually some shared help here whenever possible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77