Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 60091 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Razor Crest
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2021, 01:38 PM »
I disagree slightly, Lando.  I don't think Hasbro can overcommunicate.

I've watched some Hasbro Livestreams for their Marvel stuff and they'll have the Sentinel in the background if not actually showing it to people.  I'd like to see the Star Wars team do something similar.  Hell, I'd like to see the Star Wars team do something!  They've been very quiet lately.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2021, 01:54 PM »

I've watched some Hasbro Livestreams for their Marvel stuff and they'll have the Sentinel in the background if not actually showing it to people.  I'd like to see the Star Wars team do something similar.  Hell, I'd like to see the Star Wars team do something!  They've been very quiet lately.

Quiet since accidentally announcing the Rancor HasLab before it could be "official." Maybe they are rearranging their reveal schedules now based on that gaffe.

Another piece of the Razorcrest puzzle that I have heard discussed lately--I think Adam Pawlus or Scott Neitlich or some other "insider"--is the drastically climbing shipping rates from China. To the tune that it could significantly impact the profits generated by these paid-for-last-year HasLab shipments.

According to Jayson at YakFace today, the MSRP on Black Series figures has already been raised to account for the current shipping rates.

Hasbro might be gambling between holding the RC back a bit hoping rates go back down, or fast tracking it before rates can climb even higher.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Question for those of you, unlike me, who backed the sail barge.  Did they give you more updates than we've had for the Razor Crest?

For the Barge, Hasbro provided 8-9 updates to the Fan Sites in those first two months of the campaign because no one was sure what was going to happen - if it would fund of fail or whatever.

Then, after the campaign was funded (April), there were six emails that went out to the backers with updates:
#1 - 04/20/18 - booklet shipped
#2 - 07/11/18 - mold and paint deco specs
#3 - 09/11/18 - 3D printed full-scale model
#4 - 10/16/18 - photoshoot for boxed images
#5 - 12/19/18 - final product and packaging shots
#6 - 02/19/19 - expected shipping date in March (about two weeks notice)

For Razor Crest, they have released similar updates just not in convenient email form.  Instead of keeping the backers informed, the onus is on the backers to go out and find the info themselves in all the various "Fan Friday" Pulse live-stream events.  They showed off the 3D model on a live-stream video.  They showed off the final paint master in a live-stream video.  I'm sure they are saving the packaging reveal for the upcoming Fall "Hasbro Pulse Fest" online live-stream.

The Barge had a separate "HasLab" site where Hasbro archived all of the various reveals and updates/emails.  With HasLab now integrated into the Hasbro Puse site, it seems like they either can't or don't want to maintain that type of info archive anymore.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2021, 04:52 PM »
I hope we get at least a two week's notice that it's shipping.  I need to come up with reasons why this giant box showed up at our house.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2021, 06:26 PM »

Ah, I just reread that (I typed it out during a conference call) and "overcommunicate" was not the right word. I was really just saying they communicated more. Damn day job getting in the way of my posting on collector sites!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 10, 2021, 11:36 PM »
Is there any idea of when it's going to ship yet beyond "fall"?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 11, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Is there any idea of when it's going to ship yet beyond "fall"?

Just going by the collecting community on YouTube, I've been hearing October/November timeframe.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #427 on: September 8, 2021, 11:41 AM »
Packaging was revealed during the livestream; press pics coming later today.

Shipping date being bumped to Early 2022 due to current shipping situation and the volume of Razor Crests being made/shipped.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 8, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Nice of them to get nearly $10,000,000 in advance and not ship on time.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 8, 2021, 11:51 AM »
Did I seriously hear him basically complain about how many Razor Crests got ordered, and blame the delay on the sales volume?  Just when I thought Patrick couldn't be more of a jerk he proves me wrong!

I had heard a rumor that the delay might have involved the revelation of a Blurgg, but I didn't hear or see anything about that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 8, 2021, 12:26 PM »
The packaging looks nice.

I'm trying to be positive about this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #431 on: September 9, 2021, 11:14 AM »
Honestly, I don't see how this isn't because of the global shipping crisis.

We've been dealing with this all through COVID, and it's still an issue. I have no idea why Patrick made up the weird story about there being such a huge demand, though that probably does factor into the situation when you consider logistics and manufacturing during the pandemic. BanthaSkull wrote a pretty good piece about the shipping crisis that I think frames the issue pretty well for the manbabies that are crying about Hasbro ruining their Christmas (on Yakface's Instagram for example), and complaining that they're sick of hearing about COVID, as if the virus gives a **** about their toys, and as if people still dying were less important than making pew pew sounds for the holidays. We'll get our Razor Crests, but honestly, Hasbro's delays haven't been nearly as bad as smaller companies like NECA and Diamond Select, so we can count ourselves lucky there.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 9, 2021, 11:53 AM »
And some hoping for a bit of a refund for the delivery date being pushed back.  Seriously? ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 9, 2021, 11:56 AM »
And some hoping for a bit of a refund for the delivery date being pushed back.  Seriously? ::)

Good luck with that.  Sometimes things just take a little more time than planed.  I don't mind the delay.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 9, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Honestly, I don't see how this isn't because of the global shipping crisis.

We've been dealing with this all through COVID, and it's still an issue. I have no idea why Patrick made up the weird story about there being such a huge demand, though that probably does factor into the situation when you consider logistics and manufacturing during the pandemic. BanthaSkull wrote a pretty good piece about the shipping crisis that I think frames the issue pretty well for the manbabies that are crying about Hasbro ruining their Christmas (on Yakface's Instagram for example), and complaining that they're sick of hearing about COVID, as if the virus gives a **** about their toys, and as if people still dying were less important than making pew pew sounds for the holidays. We'll get our Razor Crests, but honestly, Hasbro's delays haven't been nearly as bad as smaller companies like NECA and Diamond Select, so we can count ourselves lucky there.

I agree that it's very likely part of the reason for the delay.  Trans-Pacific shipping is under tremendous strain at this time.  And delays in ports have led to dozens of container ships lying at anchor off the California coast as they wait to be unloaded.  But what fans really want to hear that kind of harsh reality from a company like Hasbro during a webcast?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback