Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59657 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #315 on: November 3, 2020, 11:11 AM »
PayPal is not an option on this?

Pulse site says no PayPal for pre orders or crowd funded projects. I messaged for them to verify and six days later no response

Wow, it that’s true it’s a big change from how they handled the Sail Barge. I used PayPal for that with no issues and had a year to pay back the money, interest-free.

There’s no way I could ever get the Razor Crest having to pay all up front in cash. That sucks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 3, 2020, 12:22 PM »
I did the exact same thing with the Barge McMetal so it was a shock to find out otherwise with the Razor Crest
« Last Edit: November 3, 2020, 12:23 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 3, 2020, 01:37 PM »
I went the PayPal route with the Sail Barge, too.  I think an issue arose where Hasbro Pulse had to re-process orders because the date that backers would be charged was beyond the normal threshold they had for processing a preorder.  It seems like that was enough of a problem that Hasbro Pulse changed their payment options. 
« Last Edit: November 3, 2020, 01:38 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 3, 2020, 01:39 PM »
I agree, Jeff, that this will hit 17K by next week.  On the off change it doesn't happen, I expect to see the Jawa as an exclusive figure down the road.

On the off chance it doesn't get to 17k... I think Hasbro will just pad the numbers up to make sure it gets to 17k.  Whether it's true additions for the EU/Asia sales or just the extras they already planned to order so they have some on hand for replacements/shipping issues/missing or broken parts/etc once they start shipping, I'm sure it'll make it to 17k now. 

Hopefully it'll pass 17k organically this week, but if there is a suspicious jump in numbers next weekend to get us to 17k, I won't complain!

Feels like it's surging enough to get there. 1500 more to go seems realistic.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 4, 2020, 04:26 PM »
15,946 as of this afternoon.  It will hit 17k no problem.  Probably upwards of 18k when its all said and done.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 4, 2020, 07:16 PM »
If Hasbro really has a big pile of overseas orders they haven’t put in the tally, it’s going to fly past that.

10 short of 16k, now.  Should be really soon.

« Last Edit: November 4, 2020, 09:12 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 5, 2020, 09:39 AM »
The current count is 16,192.  You’ve got to think that we’re good for another 808 backers before the campaign ends. 

I’m just waiting to see some of the TVC fanatics come up with a meme of an Offworld Jawa chanting “Soogah!  Soogah!”

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #322 on: November 5, 2020, 04:29 PM »
The current count is 16,192.  You’ve got to think that we’re good for another 808 backers before the campaign ends. 

I’m just waiting to see some of the TVC fanatics come up with a meme of an Offworld Jawa chanting “Soogah!  Soogah!”

How about the next unlock?  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #323 on: November 6, 2020, 11:06 AM »
16800+ this morning.  Sooga! Sooga! Sooga!

On a side note, I'm conflicted on what I'm going to do with the Razor Crest Exclusive Carded figures.  I did not open the Sail Barge pack-in POTF YakFace because the exclusive cup wasn't tempting enough to open it. 

Even though there are "basic" TVC versions of the three figures coming (Beskar Mando, The Child, Offworld Jawa), the differences on the Razor Crest exclusive versions (soft goods cape on Beskar Mando; unique head on The Child; knife and open egg on the Jawa Elder) are unique/different enough to make me want to open these versions as well as pick up the versions they are putting in the basic line too.   :-\
« Last Edit: November 6, 2020, 11:18 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 6, 2020, 11:08 AM »
It looks like we're gonna have eggs for brunch!

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #325 on: November 6, 2020, 12:06 PM »
16800+ this morning.  Sooga! Sooga! Sooga!

On a side note, I'm conflicted on what I'm going to do with the Razor Crest Exclusive Carded figures.  I did not open the Sail Barge pack-in POTF YakFace because the exclusive cup wasn't tempting enough to open it. 

Even though there are "basic" TVC versions of the three figures coming (Beskar Mando, The Child, Offworld Jawa), the differences on the Razor Crest exclusive versions (soft goods cape on Beskar Mando; unique head on The Child; knife and open egg on the Jawa Elder) are unique/different enough to make me want to open these versions as well as pick up the versions they are putting in the basic line too.   :-\

I'm opening the Mando figure because I need one to fly the Razor Crest...especially displaying it on that cool stand!

I might keep the other two carded for a while.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #326 on: November 6, 2020, 01:41 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I guess we'll have to see if they release a version of the Child with the pram. Right now we don't have one on the horizon (that I know of). The Jawa will be tough, but if we get an offworld Jawa I can probably customize the Elder, depending on differences. I can also just say "**** it" and remember that I don't care about carded figures anyways.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 6, 2020, 02:04 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I guess we'll have to see if they release a version of the Child with the pram. Right now we don't have one on the horizon (that I know of). The Jawa will be tough, but if we get an offworld Jawa I can probably customize the Elder, depending on differences. I can also just say "**** it" and remember that I don't care about carded figures anyways.

The current rumor is that we will get the child with a pram, but it won't be vac-metalized.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 6, 2020, 02:47 PM »
And we've achieved all unlocks!

I wonder if they might add another?  Probably not.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: November 6, 2020, 02:48 PM »
I guess we'll have to see if they release a version of the Child with the pram. Right now we don't have one on the horizon (that I know of).

During one of the Fan Friday livestreams, the Hasbro team confirmed that a regular TVC Child/Pram was coming.  They called out these differences from the exclusive version -

Updates from the livestream -

- pack-in The Child carded figure = exclusive head sculpt, exclusive hand sculpt, pram will have vac-metal

So, the TVC basic The Child will have a different head sculpt, a 'normal' hand (ie not holding the ball from the cockpit lever), and a pram (no vac metal).

Things can change of course, but here is the UPC and details from Jayson's DPCI/UPC list.

5010993834310  VC???  The Child “Superior”

It is currently part of the same wave with Bespin Escape Leia, ROTJ Boba Fett, Greef Karga, and Snaggletooth.

if we get an offworld Jawa I can probably customize the Elder, depending on differences.

There is a basic TVC Offworld Jawa coming.  Details on that one still to be officially confirmed, but the Haslab notes confirmed Razor Crest "Elder Jawa" has the exclusive Knife, cracked-open Egg and necklace.  I imagine what we get in TVC line will be same figure minus the Elder's extras and with a different cardback.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender