Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 231175 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #510 on: October 20, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Some of the posters at He-man.org are throwing temper tantrums.  They are going to blow a gasket and probably for no good reason other than hysteria.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 20, 2009, 07:31 PM »
What's the difference for subscribers vs. non subscribers?  I ordered two just the other day and got my shipping notice already.  :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #512 on: October 20, 2009, 08:20 PM »
People are being whiny little bitches on Facebook as well.  Understandable to an extent to have a little frustration, but people are going overboard.

For the record my stuff is getting delivered Thursday and I'm a non-subscriber.  :)

John

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #513 on: October 21, 2009, 01:51 PM »
I saw a bunch of cats over at Hisstank having the same problem on subscriptions. I order the second subscription that starts in January. I only signed up for the Wun-Dar otherwise I would have never joined. I hope they work out the kinks by then. I am on the hook for three subscriptions for me and my bro.

FYI - I got my notice right a way on Teela and Zodak.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #514 on: October 21, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Its just that Mattel tends to screw up. I feel bad for Toyguru because he is a nice guy and the stuff that goes wrong is probably out of his hands.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2009, 01:24 AM »
I read on Facebook that the subscriber's Teelas went out first, they just didn't send a shipment confirmation. Probably a glitch, but this is SUCH the wrong fanbase for that to happen to. I was reading that thread at the .org, and had flashbacks to 2003 involving Evil-Lyn and Roboto.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 22, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I'm one of the subscribers who chose to get all 4 sent out at the end of the year.  Fingers are crossed that I'll actually get them, and not find out that they didn't hold them for me.  At the moment it wouldn't surprise me though.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 23, 2009, 12:22 AM »
My Teela and Ray showed up today.  They both look good.  I am going to keep buying both lines as long as I can afford them.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 23, 2009, 01:46 AM »
They shipped my subscription Teela out earlier this evening.  I'll have it next Wednesday.  Over at He-Man.org all of the subscription Teelas didn't ship out until today.  One week after they went on sale.  They did not ship out first like it said on Facebook.

I also ordered Zodak and Ray today after the good news about Teela finally shipping.

Hopefully, they get Scare Glow all ready to ship out right away for subscribers.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:42 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 23, 2009, 10:11 AM »
I really don't care when I receive my figures but subscribers should get their figures first.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 23, 2009, 12:01 PM »
I got a shipment confirmation e-mail last night as well, so it should be here in a week or so.  I don't necessarily care when I get the monthly figure either (within reason), as long as I get it.  Unless it was a month later than everyone else or something, I doubt I'd notice too much.  Kind of nice to just know that you can get the figure each month, delivered to your door.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #521 on: October 23, 2009, 11:22 PM »
That's BS that the subscribers' figures didn't ship till now. I got my Teela today, and I dawdled around.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #522 on: November 4, 2009, 09:39 PM »
I finally got around to doing reviews on Teela and Zodak.

TEELA

ZODAK

I had some really, REALLY ****** luck with my Zodak paint.  Didn't even occur to me until I'd opened it that part of his armor paint was completely misaligned.  :(  I'm hoping I can get an exchange but I don't know how good MattyCollector's customer service is.  Guess we'll see.  It's too bad, because otherwise Zodak is a great looking figure.  And Teela is fantastic...possibly my favorite of the bunch so far.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 5, 2009, 01:07 AM »
That's too bad about the Zodak figure, John.  It does look like an excellent figure otherwise.  I also agree on Teela, ton of accessories and the sculpt looks great.  While more articulation is usually better, I think Teela looks probably better without all the torso articulation, especially with that outfit and the way it's sculpted.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 5, 2009, 12:19 PM »
Hey, nice review on Teela.  I think you were a little harsh on the articulation, but I don’t have any other MOTU figures to compare back to.  Compared to the Legends and DC figs I collect, I thought it was up to par with most.

Just one note that I didn’t see in your review or photos – the Snake Headdress separates from the head to give you a third “helmeted head” option.  Kind of a cool addition, especially for customizers given the well sculpted face and an easy add for any kind of hair style. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today