Author Topic: Hasbro Black Series Market Research Survey  (Read 11567 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Black Series Market Research Survey
« Reply #15 on: December 9, 2016, 02:28 PM »
That was literally the most fun I've ever had filling out any survey.

I voted for more accessories and then bases /environment pieces. I said NO to $30 Lando.

I actually think the price point for 6" Grievous they asked me about was $39.99. A little embarrassed to say I said "YES" to that one, but I really want a 6" Grievous figure that wont fall over if I fart in the next room. (Ahem, Disney Elite Series)

I also listed JD, Yakface and GH as my internet stops and NOT that dbag one that is always stirring up trouble.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 9, 2016, 02:51 PM »
I voted for more accessories and then bases /environment pieces. I said NO to $30 Lando.

I think the bases and accessories is just Hasbro trying to justify a price jump.

I had Bespin Han at $30. 

So the compromise will be $25.99

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 9, 2016, 03:21 PM »
Agreed that their "would you pay $30 for Lando" question is too simplistic.  Do I want a Lando?  Yes.  Would I be willing to pay $30 across the board for Lando and other 6" figures?  Not sure.  The bar has been set at $20 and its going to be painful for that to jump significantly and me still buy every figure they make.

Woulda been nice to see some sort of mini-conjoint analysis where they could figure out price points, bases, accessories, soft goods, etc. and circle in on the price based on desired features.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 9, 2016, 03:34 PM »
One question that I got regarding the 6" figure line was based on which value-added feature would I want, and rank those from 1 - 3 in terms of priority.  I ranked them as follows:

1 - Environment / base
2 - Large prop / accessory
3 - Electronics
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 9, 2016, 03:52 PM »
I think any sort of 6 inch price increase is a dangerous tightrope for Hasbro to walk with collectors, no matter what they add to make up the difference. The 3.75 inch line has no competition, but the 6 inch line has three other companies (maybe more) producing stuff, and while it's more expensive, it's easier than ever to purchase. Hasbro would have to knock the accessories/stands out of the park.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 9, 2016, 03:53 PM »
I got that one too.  I wish there was a fourth option of "Great the way it is" because I see the three options as a "People want this added to the figures "
« Last Edit: December 9, 2016, 03:57 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 9, 2016, 04:35 PM »
There is a link on the main JD page to take the survey.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 05:36 PM »
I'm signed up for Pulse but also just about everything else Hasbro has you sign up for too, for the site, so not sure why some get and some don't on this.  I have gotten past surveys from them but nothing this "collector focused" really.  At least not directly towards basic figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 01:20 PM »
I got $29.99 for 6 inch Bespin Han (no), $19.99 for 6 inch General Lando (yes), $24.99 for 6 inch General Lando with accessories (no), $29.99 for Grievous (yes), $14.99 for 3.75 inch Chewie (no)

I got asked if I'd pay $39.99 for Grievous.

LOLOLOL.

I also wasn't happy about the question about which scale I'd prefer if they only did one.  I answered 3.75, but I bet I'm in the minority on that.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 01:44 PM »
I also wasn't happy about the question about which scale I'd prefer if they only did one.  I answered 3.75, but I bet I'm in the minority on that.

I thought that was kind of a dumb question the way they asked it, and answered it the same way as you.    They should have structured it in a different way so you could allocate points to each product line as I really like both.  However I don't think I could ever advocate for abandoning the 3.75" line, ever.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 04:09 PM »

Same here.  I did say I'd go up to $25 for a higher quality version of Lando, but the $40 for Grievous was a hard, hard no.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 04:30 PM »

Same here.  I did say I'd go up to $25 for a higher quality version of Lando, but the $40 for Grievous was a hard, hard no.

I don't buy 6" really, but I did say that more accessories would be worth the hike to me.  If they're upping the value that's one thing, if they're just raising the price - no thanks.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 05:02 PM »
Accessories would be cool. Build a droid pieces would be cool. Not $5 more cool. These are already overpriced judging from the market. Unless it's the hot figure, secondary market prices on Amazon or eBay tend to collapse on Marvel Legends and Black Series very fast after their release. There's no incentive right now to overpay for them, and virtually none to pay retail. If you wait a little bit, you'll get them all on sale. There's definitely a snooze you lose factor with these, but with the 6 inch that hasn't been the case since the very first wave or so of these in 2013.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 08:08 PM »
I wish there was more on the 3.75 inch stuff and the Chewie question was just awful because I really don't want another Chewie. Although I do pick up some 6 inch figures, I made it a point to specify that I'm interested in 3.75 only.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."