Author Topic: 2021 Hasbro "I am Your Father's Day" Vintage Collection Reveals  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
"From the Vault" Poll Winner:
TVC re-issue Republic Trooper - goes up for pre-order tomorrow, 6/10 - shared exclusive @ HasbroPulse and ShopDisney

New TVC Announcements  - goes up for pre-order tomorrow, 6/10 - most major retailers
- Echo Base Hoth Rebel Soldier (photo real update)
- *new* Bo-Katan (The Mandalorian) w/swappable heads
- *new* The Mythrol (The Mandalorian)
- *new* Kuiil (The Mandalorian)

Pipeline Reveals - full reveal and pre-order coming later this year
- ROTJ Bib Fortuna
- ESB Lobot
- New Playset - Nevarro Cantina

I will post press pics when I can later tonight...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:49 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Mythrol is an odd choice, but I'm definitely down for Bo Katan. 

Do we know if that Republic Trooper is a straight up repack or if it's going to have updated paint?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
- *new* Bo-Katan (The Mandalorian) w/swappable heads
- *new* The Mithral (The Mandalorian)
- *new* Kuiil (The Mandalorian)

Glad we're getting a few new figures from The Mandalorian.  I agree that Mythrol is an odd choice, but he is a fun looking alien that we're in short supply of lately.

I'm still surprised we aren't getting an artillery trooper or some easy trooper kitbash.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Do we know if that Republic Trooper is a straight up repack or if it's going to have updated paint?

Yes, it will have some sort of updated colors and photo-real deco on the head.

Mythrol is an odd choice
I agree that Mythrol is an odd choice, but he is a fun looking alien that we're in short supply of lately.

Considering he shows up in both seasons AND interacts with both the Razor Crest (and it's carbon freezing blocks) and the Imp Troop Transport I guess it makes sense to add him to the line.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 01:24 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
I’m all about it.  We need more weirdos getting made.  I’m just surprised.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Well, they did promise they'd give us almost everyone that interacted with the Razor Crest, and he was one of the first. ;)

Overall some pretty great reveals today. I'm still waiting for more info on that rumored Emperor though. From what I hear, there's a fan channel announcement in a few weeks?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
I'm looking at these and the 6 inch reveals and trying to figure out how they mesh, i.e. Hasbro usually sculpts something for the 6 inch line lately, then shrinks the sculpt for TVC. New ROTJ Bib Fortuna in both lines, so I'm wondering if the TVC Navarro Cantina playset is going to be upscaled for the 6 inch HasLab project?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Well, they did promise they'd give us almost everyone that interacted with the Razor Crest, and he was one of the first. ;)

It would be awesome to the get the whole bounty hunter crew (including Mayfield) from season one where they were busting out the Twi'lek from the prison ship.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
All fantastic! Interesting that the Republic Trooper only just won the pool and is ready to go. Makes me wonder if the others are somewhere in the pipeline.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
I'm excited for all the TVC releases!  I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to have Mando shoving Mythrol into the carbon freezer on the Razor Crest!

Bo Katan looks awesome.  I'm going to need several of her!

Bib Fortuna and Lobot are well needed updates for my Jabba's Palace and Bespin displays respectively!

Kuill looks awesome as well....hope we get a couple of Blurgs at some point!

Curious to see how the Navarro cantina playset looks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Hasbro "I am Your Father's Day" Vintage Collection Reveals
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 11:59 AM »
Glad to see some love given to more Mandalorian characters!  A lot of the reveals have been so OT heavy lately that it's been a little frustrating.

Bo-Katan seemed like such a no-brainer as soon as she debuted in the show.  And the figure looks really good!  I'm glad they went with the swappable heads instead of doing a removable helmet.  It's become so difficult to get a removable helmet on a figure to really look right.  Kuiil looks really good, too.  And I hope at some point there will be a Blurgg for him to ride.  And after seeing the Mythrol return in season 2 I felt a lot better about his chances for being made into a figure.  The accessories look really good - especially the bounty puck!

Reissuing the Echo Base Trooper seems overdue.  And it'll be interesting to see the re-released version of the Republic Trooper.

Bib Fortuna is a decent candidate for a TVC figure now.  The character has turned up so much over the years - ROTJ, The Phantom Menace, The Mandalorian and now The Bad Batch.  But Lobot?  I groaned when I saw him revealed.  The OTC version was a notorious pegwarmer.  I think the only viable way to release Lobot is as one of those Walmart exclusives.

The bit about Jon Favreau visiting Hasbro was a surprise.  The photo was cool, and so was his note.  Based on things that he and Dave Filoni have said in behind the scenes video for The Mandalorian, it seems like the toys are still a significant part of Star Wars lore for them both.  Still, I can't imagine that he was just passing through Pawtucket, Rhode Island to check on the progress of the Razor Crest.  I think he might have been there for a reason - presenting designs for upcoming shows, perhaps?  But I also think that he may have been there as an ambassador for the Star Wars brand.  Lucasfilm was built in large part by the licensing money for merchandise.  The toys of the vintage era were almost as important as the movies.  And I think that Disney and the modern Lucasfilm management are also aware of that history.  I was left wondering if Jon Favreau's visit might have been a response to the deluge of images of empty Star Wars sections that have been all over social media for the past several months?  Was he there to send a message to Hasbro that they need to shift things into higher gear with their output of product?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 01:05 PM »
I've managed to order Bo Katan, Kuiil, and a Republic Trooper.  The Echo Base Troop and Mythrol, no luck yet...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 02:02 PM »
I ordered the Republic Trooper from Hasbro Pulse and a case of the new wave from EE, plus some more Echo Base troopers. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 02:51 PM »
I ordered the Old Republic Trooper, Kuiil, Mythrol Hoth Rebel Trooper and Bo Katan from Hasbro Pulse with little difficulty.

I ordered extras of all but the Republic Trooper on EE so I get them a little earlier.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33 PM »
I got 2x Bo-Katan on Amazon (and 1 on Pulse for my daughter) and 2x Kuiil on Amazon. I got a Hoth trooper on Amazon and one on Pulse for good measure. I only grabbed one Mithrol, even though I'm excited they made that guy. The accessories are awesome with him!

No interest in the KOTOR trooper, but I hope you guys get him.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:34 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram