Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399244 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2007, 04:10 PM »
I'll tell the guys, if they run into Dan, to discuss...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2007, 11:26 PM »
I've been chatting with Scoop off and on over the last few days and it sounds like pretty much surely, its going to be carded and it will be in the 2009 line...

I'll believe it when it is finally in my hands but everything on this is very positive and Matt won't yank my chain like this

I want to thank the almost 2000 people who have signed the petition and all of the people since around 2002 who have supported me and the cause.  Almost everyone here...the staff, the members and all of my online friends.

What I don't get and I continue not to understand is the absolute angst being shown against Willrow in threads over at the other site.  I realize it is people that haven't been online a while and around the boards since that time.  Willrow truly represents the comraderie that has existed in the old guard of the boards.  Since the Tomart-SSG-CSW days  That is what I see...

My other question...do people really not realize that eventually EVERYTHING is going to get made?  Really...every single last thing.  I was in the camp of the line is dead in 2007/2008ish...now I really think they could make stuff for the next 20 years.  We'll eventually get every single last thing we want.  Yarna...Frigate Luke and Leia...the Lars family...the Tonnikas...everything.  They are well on their way to every Cantina figure.  They made all of the major Jedi, the made the freaking Rebel Honor Guard.  A guy holding a staff at attention! 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2007, 01:02 AM »
A guy holding a staff at attention!

I hold my staff at attention for hours, every single day, and they've never made a figure of me.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2007, 01:16 AM »
I hold my staff at attention for hours, every single day, and they've never made a figure of me.

You just wait til' I start a petition.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2007, 02:01 AM »
Wide leg stance and all...

Anyway, I actually thought they'd do the honor guard, I wasn't shocked by him.  What shocked me is the Naboo dude.  Now that's a figure I didn't expect, or at least not till the line was in death throws or something...

I hope you're right Scott because I without question want all 3 Rebel Soldier types (Endor, Hoth, and Fleet) done super articulated at some point...  They are my ICMG.  I'm anxious to get my ICMG in '08 or '09 though too...  I've said it before and I'll say it again; I want more background humans...  ICMG, Garrouf Lafoe, Frozec, Jabba's Special Edition Goons at Docking Bay 94, the Swoop Jockey with the dumb hat, Yerka Mig, Danz Borin, the chick with the poofy sleeves on Bespin, the hunchbacked human with the ugnaught, the guy that shoots Luke's hand on the sailbarge...  I want these characters in plastic.  I may not be in the majority but I don't care, I want these figures made at some point.

So I truly hope you're right Scott.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2007, 08:56 AM »
Add me to the "I want Scott to autograph a carded Willrow figure for posterity" legion. :)

And, in all seriousness, is there some way to get Scott mentioned on the cardback bio or something?  Maybe not even by name, but by giving him some in-universe nod?  Maybe Willrow works for OCB Research and Development and his taking the Ice Cream Maker is as revenge for being passed over by Lord Scott for a promotion or something?   ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I can't believe all the buzz. The fact that they're actually talking about doing this is astounding. To be honest, I'm losing a little more respect for Hasbro. They should have stuck to their guns and not made the figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I can't believe all the buzz. The fact that they're actually talking about doing this is astounding. To be honest, I'm losing a little more respect for Hasbro. They should have stuck to their guns and not made the figure.

Why would you lose respect for Hasbro if they made a figure that some fans want made?     Do not get me wrong.  I am not dying to see Willrow get made but it would be a fun thing to have in the collection.  The only thing that may truly suck about is that it would be a pegwarmer.  I guess it would take place of another figure they could make.  However, with practically 1000 figures (slightly exaggerated) they have made since 1977 what is problem with getting this dude in there?  It's not like we have not had other "non-interesting" figures made in the past.  I could see that being an issue when they only released 25-35 figures a year .  But honestly we have gotten practically every main character, background alien, etc done now that every single fan has wanted.  Now we get resculpts, EU figures, etc.   I think there is a plenty of room to add Willrow is all.  I feel like any background type character we get now is kind of bonus for collectors, fans, whatever.   

Although I will admit that Willrow is sort of at the bottom of my want list.  But practically everything I ever wanted made has been done.  There are a few I want to see like Yarna, Tonnika Sisters, Luke Med Frigate, etc.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04 AM »

That's a little gentler than what you had to say about Willrow over at Rebelscum:

I can't believe Hasbro caved. I was hoping we'd never get this guy.

Going so far as to "hope" that a figure never gets made?  That is a mentality I will never understand. 

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Why did they "cave"?  I recall maybe one time them saying they would not make it.  Since then there has been some pretty solid support across the board to get this guy made.  That include making the top 10 at teh Toyfare Poll...remember?  That is not just me who voted.  That is everyone everywhere. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Wow, a lot of bitterness and hatred on that otheR Site. I've never been in their threads. Never want to now. Why are a bunch of guys upset that ICMG is being made. He's a top vote-getter and, as Scott mentioned, every obscure background figure is going to be made because Hasbro knows the collectors are going to want them. I think it's great since Scott's been pushing for his making!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2007, 10:49 AM »
What I don't get and I continue not to understand is the absolute angst being shown against Willrow in threads over at the other site.  I realize it is people that haven't been online a while and around the boards since that time.  Willrow truly represents the comraderie that has existed in the old guard of the boards.  Since the Tomart-SSG-CSW days  That is what I see...

I'm just a little lost at what to say to the animosity as well.  The figure is no different than any other figure we've seen with less than 5 seconds of screen time.  No, it's not a cool alien or an awesome droid but it's an equally valid background character.  It has a CGC card associated with it.  

More importantly, as Scott indicates, it's the realization that someone in the hobby can make a difference.  Not someone well connected to an online retailer, just a guy that hangs out on the boards, has a family and a real job not related to the hobby at all.  Frankly I think there should be a second head sculpt included, that of Mr. Scott Pearson.  What?  It's no more revisionist in nature than putting Hayden's head on the ghost of Anakin.  Ok, maybe a stretch there.

Still, all these folks so hyped for relatively meaningless EU figures simply because they're a "Darth" and they can't understand what this figure actually represents.  A waste of tooling?  Oh please, they'll sculpt a new head that they'll re-use later on some soldier or guard or something, that's about it.  A waste of tooling is Darth Malak or Darth Revan or Darth Bobby-boo or whoever the hell the next Darth coming from EU is ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2007, 10:51 AM »
That's Darth Ricky-Bobby.  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2007, 10:54 AM »
That's Darth Ricky-Bobby.  :P

No.  That one I would buy.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2007, 11:00 AM »
As you guys know i am all about Yarna. Willrow has never been high on my list but i will happily buy him and i even supported the cause. I think that it is great that Hasbro is listening to the fans becuase in truth they really should. It is nice to get something you want especially when you worked to get it. I am happy he is going to get made. I think the animosity from the otheR Site comes from their #1 figure not being spoken about or being made yet. I think deep down i know Hasbro will eventually make Yarna. She was the highest polled OT character in the latest fan choice, the vintage figure almost got made, and i think the fans are vocal. But if i truly believed Hasbro was not going to make her, I can see why a fan would be annoyed by Willrow being made. I mean how many people are really petitioning for a Fozec figure. I know i want one, but its not like i am saying Fozec every chance i get like i do with Yarna. Anyway, I am happy he is going to be made and i think it would be cool if he and YArna were actually in the same wave. A nice nod to the collecting community who have petitioned for them both.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"