Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399162 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Hopefully this will help open the door for a few more obscure characters that seemingly will never see the light of day.

Like the Bespin Snaggletooth!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Definitely, I really like that guy.  There's so many obscure characters that still need to be made... and when it comes to obscurity, that's one of the reasons that I think Hasbro has done such a great job with Star Wars.  What other toy company makes so many different characters?  It's amazing... sometimes I forget just how good of a job Hasbro HAS done over the years.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2008, 02:55 PM »
I'm not really excited about this guy since he's about as boring as it gets,...

Which is part of the point too.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2008, 03:26 PM »
True... and I just hope we don't see it on the pegs as much as this guy -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2008, 04:01 PM »
I'm guessing Hasbro gets Willrow enough that he won't end up like that.  I'm guessing one per case at best.  That would put it in the right abundance: hard to find initially between completeists and the rest of us nutbars that want it.  Later it will almost undoubtedly start to warm.  But I'm guessing he'll be a short term PITA rather than the mustard trooper who'll be on the pegs as long as Shmi was (actually, is around here).

I gotta admit, I'm having fun drifting around to sites I barely go to and seeing the angst.  That's nearly as much fun as getting this figure in the first place. :)  I'm tempted to post just to stick a finger in the wound. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #440 on: February 28, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Yellow Naboo dude sold through here...  We seriously did not see him warm pegs a ton here like other areas.  I actually wish I could've gotten some more of them, and was hoping to get them at a discount, but they wound up selling through fairly well.  Go figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 28, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Same here, Jesse.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 28, 2008, 04:17 PM »
The Wal-Mart closest to my house has about 30 or so TAC figures, but even more of the SAGA Mustard Bastard.  If you guys want some, please, please, please let me know.  I'll even pay for shipping.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 28, 2008, 06:40 PM »
The Wal-Mart closest to my house has about 30 or so TAC figures, but even more of the SAGA Mustard Bastard.  If you guys want some, please, please, please let me know.  I'll even pay for shipping.

It seems like you REALLY want to get rid of these...

I'll send you a PM a little later.  ;)

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 28, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Congratulations, Scott!  Reading that bit of news had me smiling ear to ear, and just the fact that it's getting made after all your efforts have me more excited than anything coming this year.  :)

So are we going to be taking up a collection to pay for Scott's inevitable carpal tunnel surgery that will result due to his signing everyone's figures?  ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #445 on: February 28, 2008, 07:17 PM »
I want one with Scott's signature and then track down the actor who played him and get him to sign it too!

Scott, I hope you are already working on a way to get our figures signed.  I have a feeling you're going to be swamped with requests!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2008, 08:54 PM »
I took some advice and read around at what's being said...

Good god.   ::)

Apparantly the fear is that ICMG may be the bane of the Star Wars brand, and possibly could cause the line to implode on itself.  At the very least, it seems everyone is predicting that ICMG may wind up somehow backfiring on the fans, and Hasbro will NEVER listen to fans or make background characters again.

So according to all these people, Scott may have ruined the entire hobby.

Thank Scott, kids.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #447 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06 PM »
From what I see...people bitching about this are relatively new to the message board scene and have no idea why, where or how this started.  Yeah it started as a joke.  It turned in to something so much more than that about 2 weeks after it started though, mainly because ******** in this hobby laughed at me.  I understand people asking why, especially new people to the boards.  If I could and still cared enough to post at otheR Sites and explain to 1978 different members about why their opinions suck...I would.  But I can't and I don't care what other people think.

RE: Autographs...not sure how to handle that one yet.  Let us noodle a little bit on that one.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2008, 09:14 PM »
If I could and still cared enough to post at otheR Sites and explain to 1978 different members about why their opinions suck...I would.  But I can't and I don't care what other people think.

Good for you! Just know that your fellow JDers will be buying ICMG up in droves!  :)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:15 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Oh...and one other thing for the hundredth time, I don't and didn't take this whole thing as a joke nor does a large majority of people who post here and also want this figure.  So yeah...it started as a joke but that was a long long time ago...its not any more and to say that this is a whole big joke and I "got Hasbro"...it's not.