Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352109 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #840 on: February 19, 2008, 03:21 PM »
That is the one thing that sucks about thi sline.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 23, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Wow, just saw some of these pics.  Some of these will be hard to pass on.  Its shame that I'm buying all the 2-packs, its seems that 90% of them show up in the new cinema scenes.  :-\

Anyway, I got the Hoth and Naboo Cinema Scenes at TRU today.  I also got the Royal Guard/DSG 2-Pack that was missing from my collection.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 25, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Regardless, it will be interesting and I hope they don't reveal the whole 2008 lineup as it's nice to have some surprises throughout the year.

You know, I happened to be thinking about this over the weekend (after my son asked again about Assaj ventress, and my wife and I remembered we had been expecting/hoping for her in 2008).  Only two "new" waves of 2 packs were revealed, counting the already known Spring Wave (Jedi and Clones), despite Hasbro previously leaking rumors about a whole slew of 2-packs.  I hadn't questioned it before because the flood of Cinema Scenes at Toy Fair seemed like a full year of toys...

but there's no way Hasbro walks away from 2008 without an Ahsoka.  I couldn't imagine it.  I'm feeling pretty confident there may also be a yet unrevealed "clone wars" wave, or two,  that they are patiently sitting on.  That would make a pretty decent Q&A question, actually...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 3, 2008, 09:44 AM »
If anyone missed the first release, I saw the Wal-Mart exclusive re-release Falcon set this weekend.  They had an endcap full of them, for around $35 ($34.88 or something).  Just a heads up for anyone looking for this set.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 3, 2008, 10:08 AM »
I was at WM this weekend and didn't find them.  Hopefully they will show up online and I can snag one there.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 3, 2008, 10:15 PM »
We had a report from one of our Minnesota Target employees (two actually) that the GH sets are being put out on end caps-

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 3, 2008, 10:31 PM »
We had a report from one of our Minnesota Target employees (two actually) that the GH sets are being put out on end caps-

Yeah, but these are all repacks, no?  I'm not very excited about these sets as others.  Jeff??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #847 on: March 3, 2008, 10:45 PM »
Yeah, but these are all repacks, no? 

As usual, there are 2 new figures in each of the Target sets...

Endor = 2 new Ewoks (& possible new "dirty" paint variants on the troopers)
Mustafar = Mustafar Padme and Commander Thire (& possible new "dirty" paint variants on the troopers)

The WM Falcon though is all repacks.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #848 on: March 4, 2008, 08:10 AM »
Anyone have the DCPI #'s for the Target sets?

Also, anyone findingt he new 2-packs?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 4, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Nice to hear that the GH sets are hitting.  I'd really like to pick up the Endor one, and we'll see about the Mustafar one.  Its tough to buy these whole sets for just 1-2 figures, but I've been doing it with many of the OT-based ones.  These have to be great for new collectors though, or as gifts.  I might have to go looking for these today if they are starting to hit.  At least around here, these things are gone in minutes it seems.  I never did see the last round on shelves (just the empty shelves where they were), and my wife was only able to get one by using the DCPI at a lower traffic Target to get me the Jabba set for Christmas.  Hopefully these won't be as difficult to get a hold of.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 4, 2008, 02:04 PM »

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 4, 2008, 04:16 PM »
<dies laughing at the Rancor>

I LOVE IT! :D:D:D:D

Anyone else think Obiwan's AOTC Fighter looks a bit reminiscent of a Shadow Parasite from the halcyon days of StarCom?

I'm gonna have to start selling off my 12 inch SW Collection to make room for these beauties, especially NOW they're making vehicles.  Any idea if they're gonna do a Force Unleashed series? I'm kinda surprised they haven't yet, but oh well.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 5, 2008, 11:34 AM »

All those extra shocktroopers are going to make a funny addition to my sons' GH pile.  Where have the 212/501 repacks been (or a proper Saleucami Red repaint of that goofy blue clone from the young-Chewie set)? 

Speeder-grip Paploo, though, makes up for every single flaw in the Endor set and then some.  If only they'd taken the care to let Endor Leia ride a bike.  Those little speederbikes have never stopped being the greatest thing about this entire line.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #854 on: March 5, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Picked up the Falcon today at Wally.  No sign of the Target sets yet, I'm still not sure if I'll pick up the Mustafar set yet or not :-\