Community > Other Toy Lines

Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios

<< < (5/14) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: JediJman on December  7, 2015, 05:52 PM ---Where else are you paying $20 for 4 inch figures?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jesse James on December  7, 2015, 06:47 PM ---Acid Rain World toys, Hiya Toys Aliens 4" figures, Marauder Inc's military line (co-op with Bossfight)...  All these small companies cost that much pretty much, actually.  They're not Hasbro, like I said.   :-\
--- End quote ---

Ori Toy (Acid Rain World) and Hiya Toy (Aliens: Colonial Marines) are probably good comparisons.  Both of those make small production run, super-articulated 3.75" figure lines and both are a bit more expensive ($22-25 for Hiya; $23-28 for Ori) - though the higher part is probably due to being import/overseas.

I love the figures but I'm also in the $20 =  :( category.  I will probably pick up a skeleton and maybe one other for my Cantina.  They are really nice looking and exactly what a lot of collectors want (SA, nice deco, lots of accessories)... but $20.  It's a lot to ask for 3.75" figures.  :-\ 

Not that long ago, there a was an interesting article about a 4 Horsemen line that they converted to 6" since they felt fans would prefer a $25 6" figure instead of a $20 4" figure.

Jesse James:
Yeah, it's not been "fun" by any means, paying $20+, but if it's something you're into ya know?  I'd say though, given how little Hasbro's been putting out I personally want (or want much of) that it's been a little easier to move onto things I find interesting in other lines.  But $13...  They're really not that far off for similar quality themselves.  It's not that big of a jump to $20 at this point for good Hasbro 4" stuff. :(

I've often thought if they delivered basically a 4" Sideshow figure (not all softgoods, but all the extra hands, an extra head or two, extra belts/accessories, etc.), $20 wouldn't look quite so bad for Star Wars actually.

At $20 though not doing much army building or anything.  I dig the Vitruvian HACKS stuff but I'm not going to buy much of it.  A Spartan and a Skeleton are about it for me.  Possibly Medusa but probably not.  Right there, you're over $50.

And yeah, I've always attributed the Ori Toys stuff to the import status, same with Hiya though they barely crank anything out, either one, so again the price stings a lot less.  Not like every month they put out much.  The Laurel was the only vehicle Acid Rain got this year IIRC, and Hiya hasn't put out anything, yet, technically.  The 4 Aliens are from a year or two ago now.  The rest are still lingering on pre-order.

There's so little from the niche places, it's not too bad spread out.  Hell, these pre-orders have been teased for ages from Bossfight.  Feels like forever.

The Marauder Inc. figs are pretty pricey too and took a long while to come to fruition.

Was looking at the Marauder figs just now out of curiosity actually...  They're about $20 too if you get one with all the accessories.  You can get one with nothing for $13 though.  That's neat.  You can even get them without heads.  Weird.

JediJman:
I haven't seen much of that other stuff - had no idea there was a "premium" 4" figure market out there.  It's too bad - I really like these, but won't buy man/any at that price.  When you have people complaining about basic Hasbro figs moving from $7 to $8 and super articulated 6" figures for the same price, it's hard to stomach $20 a pop (plus tax and shipping to boot) for such a small figure.  I still might grab a few, but definitely won't be getting the full set or multiples for hundreds of dollars.  Too bad - if these were down in the $15 range I'd be comfortable buying more.

If any MN guys are planning to buy some of these, please let me know and maybe we can group order to save on shipping or something.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: JediJman on December  8, 2015, 10:16 AM ---had no idea there was a "premium" 4" figure market out there.
--- End quote ---

Consider yourself lucky.  With the Hasbro slow-down the past few years, I found my way into the premium 4" market.  It is expensive, but there is some really, really awesome stuff out there if you go looking for it and are willing to pay for it.

--- Quote from: JediJman on December  8, 2015, 10:16 AM ---If any MN guys are planning to buy some of these, please let me know and maybe we can group order to save on shipping or something.
--- End quote ---

I'm still trying to decide...  I think I need at least two black skeletons (Owen and Beru? :P) might need an accessory set to go with them... still trying to decide if I want a spartan, a gorgon or one of each.   :-\

McMetal:
Yeah, the Legends of Cthulhu figures would be another good comparison. That started out as a Kickstarter campaign too and the 4 basic figures still hover around $20 each many months later. I didn't have a problem with it because they are very well done and I appreciate supporting toys from a property I really enjoy. But no question it would be hard to keep up with if they were cranking stuff out as regularly as Hasbro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version