Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 281855 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #960 on: December 15, 2004, 02:21 AM »
It might be too late for Christmas shopping, but BBTS does have Shelob in stock now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #961 on: December 15, 2004, 02:54 AM »
I'm trying to hold off for stores, but it's seeming less and less likely to be...  may just have to try BBTS.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 15, 2004, 08:39 AM »
Stopped in at TRU yesterday, and the LOTR endcap...which was previously filled with just old Gollums, is now totally empty.  There are a few of the "box sets", such as TABA and the clear Sam/Frodo/Gollum, scattered about....but that's it.  I'm surprised the rest of those Gollums sold, but I didn't look around much so maybe they just got tossed in a clearance bin.  They were already on clearance for about $3 I think.  There hasn't been anything new Lord of the Rings (or Marvel Legends for that matter) at this store since the early summer, and I'm starting to wonder if there will be again.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 15, 2004, 02:01 PM »
You remember that little nugget I copied and pasted from The GD a few months back? About some TRUs not carrying ML and LOTR anymore?

Well, that's the case. It has struck my TRU as well, and since they aren't a player anymore, there is absolutely NO new LOTR around here.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 15, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too Ben.  I figured our store here must have been one of the ones that has been that way, because we haven't seen anything from either LOTR or ML for ages.  Do you know, do these stores ever intend on getting back "in the game"?  The only place getting LOTR in town here anymore seems to be Wal-Mart, but it is mostly older Trilogy cases...and the Coronation sets I believe were there too.  Haven't seen anything locally past the King of the Dead wave.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 15, 2004, 03:34 PM »
You remember that little nugget I copied and pasted from The GD a few months back? About some TRUs not carrying ML and LOTR anymore?

Well, that's the case. It has struck my TRU as well, and since they aren't a player anymore, there is absolutely NO new LOTR around here.

Same thing happened by me.  But in the case of my local store they stopped carrying Marvel Legends but kept on carrying LOTR.  What's even more bizarre is that this store was the second leading seller of Marvel Legends in the Toys R Us chain.  No wonder TRU is in financial trouble.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 16, 2004, 02:58 AM »
I hope maybe now that toymakers are trying to help TRU battle Wal-Mart, TRU will start carrying these lines again, because it isn't easy to beat WM if you have less product in your aisles.

Of course, Toy Biz doesn't really  give a **** about anything other than money (customer satisfaction isn't high on their list), and it really doesn't matter to them where it comes from. The only thing that some TRUs are carrying that's made by Toy Biz seems to be the Spider-Man lines, so they don't seem to 'need' TRU the way Hasbro and Mattel do.
But that's just my take. Armchair businessman.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 17, 2004, 12:12 PM »
Yeah he's in there but he's also shipping with this Wave

Beth is the proud owner of this as soon as I send it to her.  I can pick them up for whomever likes them as I see them.  Pretty sure it's one per case.  Have an Isildur for anyone that wants one too, I picked it up by mistake for Beth and it's not on her list.  Only the Fellowship packages have shown and it looks like they got put out today, so I didn't miss much while I was away (except NHL9 >:()
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #968 on: December 17, 2004, 12:30 PM »
Oooh oooh ooh  I want one!
And I'll take Isildur!
And Bilbo Transfixed if you see one of those :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #969 on: December 17, 2004, 12:32 PM »
And...if you get TTT Series 4 up there I need:

Theodred
Dungeons of Isengard Orc Captain
Uruk-Hai Warrior - Shagrat
Gates of Mordor Sam
Hama

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 17, 2004, 12:34 PM »
I never seen that before.  8)  You know where I'm at, like I can find stuff around here!  :-\

Except for NHL 9.  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 17, 2004, 12:54 PM »
Oooh oooh ooh  I want one!
And I'll take Isildur!
And Bilbo Transfixed if you see one of those :)

:-\ I left Bilbo transfixed on the pegs.  I have to pick up my daughter later, I'll see if it's there. 

I expect TTT can't be far behind.  Just selling off the old stock of the last release.  Surprised to find it at Wally though, they dogged it for a while then started up again with the SP wave. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #972 on: December 17, 2004, 12:59 PM »
I think the local TRU will eventually get them, ROTK 4 has been on the pegs a couple of times and is actually starting to hang.  I guess I'm more worried about the 1 per casers like Hama.  But if you find them, I'll take them :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 17, 2004, 01:28 PM »
Yeah he's in there but he's also shipping with this Wave

Beth is the proud owner of this as soon as I send it to her. 

;D

So how many beers do I owe you??  Damn, I'm gonna have to set aside a wad of cash just for the bar bill at C3!!
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 17, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Scott, I picked up a transfixed Bilbo for you today.  Working on your Jackson. 

Y'know, with just a few minor letter changes, those sentences could be quite lewd :-*