Author Topic: Toy Fair Poll - Best Hasbro Pack-In?  (Read 13540 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair Poll - Best Hasbro Pack-In?
« Reply #15 on: January 7, 2010, 08:17 AM »
1st-Legacy - Build-A-Droid
2nd-TAC - Coins
3rd- Saga Legends weapons lockers - even though I don't buy too many saga legends.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 7, 2010, 11:02 AM »
The most useful are the BAD and stands.  For some reason my favorite is still the coins.  Maybe it's the sentimentality from the vintage POTF days?  I am not really wanting them to give us coins again though.  I just like them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 7, 2010, 04:28 PM »
My own rankings?

#1 - Droid Factory B-A-D
#2 - 30AC coins
#3 - ROTS scene stands
#4 - Saga Legends weapon lockers
#5 - Episode I / POTF2 CommTech chip
#6 - TIE - TSC/OTC figure stands
#8 - POTJ Force Files
#9 - POTF2 Freeze Frame slides
#10 - POTF2 Flashback cards
« Last Edit: January 7, 2010, 04:28 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 12:51 AM »
I liked the TAC coins the most.

BAD parts next - it's just that the unused pieces take up storage/drawer space when you don't have all the parts necessary to complete a droid, which annoys me. ::)

I'm not too big a fan of stands, for some reason. They're all good and dandy, but they do take up a few centimeters/inches more on limited shelf space.

And don't even mention those TSC holograms! UGH! And I don't mean Ultimate Galactic Hunt, either!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 01:54 AM »
Definitely the B.A.D. line for me... I collect these things, but I don't need miniature red holograms, or coins, or freeze frames, or any of that stuff.  Extra accessories are great, or parts that add up to new figures is even better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 02:26 AM »
Speaking of the miniature holograph thing...

I actually would've liked it had they gone the route of trying to make them a usable accessory to the figure.  A little holographic Jedi, Clonetrooper, Rebel, Imperial Trooper/Officer, Vader with his hands on his hips giving orders...  THOSE would've been cool, and probably 1/5 the size of the big stupid looking ones we got with Saga a couple years back.

A little holo Vader though, for Veers to talk to?  Yes, I'd like that.  A little holo Obi-Wan for the Jedi Council to talk to?  I'd lik ethat.  A little holo TIE Pilot for an Officer to talk to?  I'd like that.

Hasbro would probably have me suckered into those being a passable pack-in.  Especially if they included sets of them even.  Hell, they could even go the mini-holo-vehicles for holo battle map tables too.  I'm easy like that.

Build-A-Droid though, they cannot top giving an extra Droid per wave...  Even if it were dumbed down to only astromechs and in all kinds of deco variations, I'd be in.  Every wave, regardless of figure count, a single astromech...  I'm in on that.  An almost all white R2 or R5 or R7...  Or a solid green R5 or something.  They've got a lot of color combos and designs, some ornate, some not, that would get me to buy a whole wave just to build the droid.  I can guarantee they will lose sales with me in 2010 since BAD's going away...  I bought a Neyo figure tonight for his astromech dome.  I would never have done that if he had a footlocker, or other pack-in.  That dome was what got me to buy.

It's one instance, but I bet I spent $200 on just figures I wanted the droid part and they were a usable army builder or something, in just 2009.  That's at the minimum.  It won't be that way in 2010 as far as I can tell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 04:03 AM »
Without a doubt, the best pack-in was the BAD piece.  Like JJ said, I know I grabbed a couple figures I would have otherwise passed on in order to complete the droid.

A close 2nd though were the coins - they gave me the opportunity to let my completism take over and try to get a full set (I'm still missing 3 though - 5, 45, 53  ::))

I like the stands too, but I prefer the Saga/OTC/TSC ones over the stylized ROTS ones - I like them to blend into the background.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Build-a-Droids, hands down. However, the Saga 2 stands come in a close second.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline starwarsgeek

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • StarWarsGeek.net
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Anybody else? Last bump, Toy Fair starts tomorrow so I need to get my results together :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 09:35 AM »
I've got to go with:

1. B.A.D.
2. Holograms
3. Commtech
4. Force files
5. various stands
6. Coins
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 04:01 PM »
1. BAD
2. Coins
3. Stands

Not really interested in useless pack-ins like the holograms
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere so feel free to move this if it belongs somewhere else....

In regards to the 2010 Saga Legends.  I saw in the pictures over at Yakface that the next set of Saga Legends will have a variety of guns in the Clone Locker.  I doubt that specific characters will have their own specific selection of guns, rather it would be random, but I'm really looking forward to adding more to my arsenal.  I'm liking the Big Sandtrooper Rifle, the Commando DC-17s, etc.
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 02:18 PM »
I think the guns could be character specific. I mean, why not? A specific set with a specific character. But what do I know? The only thing I wonder about is, where are all the other imperial weapons?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 06:41 PM »
The newest batch of photos seemed to show individual SL figures with certain sets of weapons.  It'll be interesting to see if C-3PO, for example, always ships with the same set.

I don't know if anyone will actually care, though, unless they're looking to buy certain army builders with certain sets of weapons to build a special squad or something.  I'm interested just because I seem to have a mental problem that requires me to catalog this type of thing.  Sort of like I did for the droid parts and coin front/back combos.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"